Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Abbadon Chassis is NOT uber.

Oh, and one more point I want to add..

People sit here and blah blah about how uber the AC is, yet I *never* see anyone at all asking for an AC buff in this game. If AC was as uber as people claim, wouldn't people be wanting it buffed more often?

Its a very good piece of armor for a powerlvled n00b who still wears his carbonum armor...
    But i dont wanna loose the bonusses i get from the unique armor i have.

Someone with full azure/sentinel setup, kaehler sleeve and robust backpack/notum tank will laugh at that tank, but for the casual gamer that doesnt have any of this uber loot it will be good, but then again they wont be in a position to get hold on it :/
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Punk, from the reports from test a casual gamer who has at least a team of good friends has a very good chance of getting it. If they only have random teams, then they only have an OK chance of getting it.

Of course, both those statements are dependent on how many people FC chooses to allow into a given instance of the Inner Sanctum before spawning a new one.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Punkbum
    Someone with full azure/sentinel setup, kaehler sleeve and robust backpack/notum tank will laugh at that tank, but for the casual gamer that doesnt have any of this uber loot it will be good, but then again they wont be in a position to get hold on it :/
    Yup.. And that is my main problem here. The "casual" gamer that still have lots of options left to improve their character gets yet another (And from what I hear, pretty easy) option. But the fully equipped soldiers, who still fall a bit short in the fight against other professions, gets absolutely nothing..

And this is a trend that has been going on for a long time. Like with the buffs we got a couple of months ago. All the buffs that are not lower versions of buffs we already could cast are uncastable even at level 200. Those who still have room for improvement (i.e. level up) gets a ton of buffs, those who don't have any (the 200) gets nothing new at all.

And when soldiers ask for improvements, every non soldier (including the devs) will just point to the long list of new buffs, the abbadon chassis and all that and say "Look, you just got lots of stuff", but in reality we have got nothing new.

I still wonder what they were thinking when they made our new buffs.. 838 PM/SI for the lowest improvement over what we already had, when we were already struggling to meet the 720 PM/SI req of OS at level 200. And the ammount it buffs isn't more than what you would expect off a buff at half that requirement if you compare it to other buffs of the same ammount. What a complete waste of time it was coding this. Or "One foot in the grave", 913 MM/830 MC.. Hellooo! We are soldiers, with dark blue nano skills. We are not fixers with some gadget that adds +60 nano skills.

Ok, this turned into another rant.. Time to end it now..

Originally posted by Sbje
    Again and again AC's over 4k mean ****, especially on Uniques!, they have a really high min damage already and even then probably still hit you the same.
    God. Pure ignorance.

Yes, if your entire game is focused on killing those Vets/Toughs in BS, then I suppose you're right.

If you're pvping with 4k ac, you deserve to die fairly fast.

If you're going to be a tank with 4k ac, I'd be shocked if you ever kill anything worth talking about.

I know that's completely off topic, but someone a long time ago said ACs don't mean jack because they were talking about xping. Somehow that statement has become the 'truth' for many players who think it covers every aspect of this game. It doesn't.

Edit: Gah. I agreed with Jayde. Someone shoot me in the head.
    Last edited by Zylina; Jan 21st, 2003 at 12:34:50.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

And when soldiers ask for improvements, every non soldier (including the devs) will just point to the long list of new buffs, the abbadon chassis and all that and say "Look, you just got lots of stuff", but in reality we have got nothing new.
    Hehe so true.

I can say, wo/ regreting it, that I would trade this battlesuit for a friggin reload button, no doubt.

Dunno about this comin statement and im prolly gonna be flamed by all fixers for it, but is this suit supposed to be something like the soldiers GA?

And as said before, the highlevels didnt get anything new, im using a regular CAS set, albrecht + Kaehler sleeves atm and I wont hunt for this suit.
    I wont be able to selfequip it wo/ swapping that shining life imp.
    I cant yalm with it and the bonuses I get from it are poor compared with the things you have to sacrifice to use it.

EDIT: Grammar =)
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Originally posted by Okkra

Hehe so true.

I can say, wo/ regreting it, that I would trade this battlesuit for a friggin reload button, no doubt.

Dunno about this comin statement and im prolly gonna be flamed by all fixers for it, but is this suit supposed to be something like the soldiers GA?

And as said before, the highlevels didnt get anything new, im using a regular CAS set, albrecht + Kaehler sleeves atm and I wont hunt for this suit.
    I wont be able to selfequip it wo/ swapping that shining life imp.
    I cant yalm with it and the bonuses I get from it are poor compared with the things you have to sacrifice to use it.

EDIT: Grammar =)
    No flames, but will you settle for a bump?

I don't flame soldiers unless they flame first. You SHOULD have a unique item that enhances your class. The Hellshock cannons are a nice try, but no cigar. Plus the title restrictions. This suit is just that: another nice try. But doesn't cut it. I think it's cool, and certainly a fun item, but nowhere near uber.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Kasimir

No flames, but will you settle for a bump?

I don't flame soldiers unless they flame first. You SHOULD have a unique item that enhances your class. The Hellshock cannons are a nice try, but no cigar. Plus the title restrictions. This suit is just that: another nice try. But doesn't cut it. I think it's cool, and certainly a fun item, but nowhere near uber.
    Problem is it makes you unable to wear pretty much all of the class specific items we have gotten until now, except for guns.

This includes:
    - Kaehler sleeves (Ok, not 100% class specific, but pretty much so)
    - Notum Infused Kevlar armor
    - Soldier quest ring
    - Deformed Mantidae Prothorax
    - Poetic Stretch-band

It might not be a lot, but it's all we have been given over the last 1.5 years.

Exactly. Which means its benefits should be equal to what you lose. Which they aren't. I'm supporting you all 110% with this one, I think most other Fixers would too.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Considering what it is

I sure hope its relatively easy to get or I wont bother with it.

As someone else has already said here, by having even semi good gear for lvl 160 Soldier you already have equal or better setup than what this armor offers.

If youre basically gimped, no uniques, standard armor, etc then this will be quite nice step up from that.

If you are part of large organization, chances are your current gear is as good as better. Why would you like to camp some super mob for that then?

The basic armor should come from some mob that one lvl 160ish team can take down and same for upgrades.

Zarch and da chars

PS.

It would be better what I have on my 151 Soldier but only because I am super lazy when it comes to camping uniques

Zylina

If you're going to be a tank with 4k ac, I'd be shocked if you ever kill anything worth talking about
    Yeh know fkall when i've tanked mobs like Special Agent lamb, DS plenty of times, nelly/Patricia alot too, (check sig if needbe) yet im a newb and ignorant cause I find ac's do **** and hp owns it.

As for PVP, a neo soldier on rk2? yet im a newb and know nothing again. (and no, most of my kills aren't complete ganks, they're usually 1v1's)
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234