Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aimed Shot Recycle Time is Insane

Re: Please Momma hurt that bad agent man

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    Woot! did a 3800 AS last night in tower pvp (on a player not a bot) against a high lvl enforcer. My highest in maybe !200! AS's taken in PvP in the last month or so. MY AS skill? 1160... My ranged init is gimped to hell but my AS is good and fast.

Draw your own conclusions. I'm 1/200 on 40% AS in the last month and I have AS skill unattainable by many classes.

My conclusion is that the FIRST and ONLY time this happens to someone they "come a wailin" straight to this forum.

Imagine the "cryface" on a 2 year old...

"MMOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAA!"

"AUUUAAAAAAAAAAGGHGHGHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHG H!"

(Imagine the cryface getting especially contorted and pathetic)

"HE KIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDMMMMMEEEEEEMMMMMMOOOOMMMMM MMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... gonnnnna.. gonnnnnnaaa... GONNNAAA CANCELMYACCOUNTIFYOUDONTMAKEITBETTERMMOMMMMAAAAAAA AA!!"

"It's alright dear, Momma will nerf the "bad old agent" this patch and the next patch and the next patch and the next patch and..."
    you must be a noob, 75% of mY AS are 40% er's or really close. and im not an agent.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Different gun.
    I don't think you can compare Supernova against X-3/Caterwaul anyways.
    :/?

Nothinman, only supernova is able to pull of that kind of high % of 40% AS. I've not seen any other weapon pull off 40% so often as soldiers with supernova, and i've been hit by quite a few in PvP.
    Supernova is prolly also superior to every other AS wpm too when it comes to hitting high AS on ppl that are on full def.

With my ithaca and 1100 as skill my normal AS is between 600-1100, and i prolly hit more AS lower then 600 then i hit 40% caped AS. Dunno much about Cat tho, since i've never used one... Full def seems to work a lot better against rifles and Ithaca then it does agains Supernova.
    But then again this is just my experience.

yes ill have to agree with that, of course the X-3 can do it as well, all the time. it has horrendous recharge tho. IF anyone doesnt beleive me i can get 1k + rifle skill on my own and ill AS you with X-3 and it will do 40% often.

i was just trying to rebuke that fellow who says it never happens when i do it ALL the time, and when it happens to me ALL the time : P

ithika has fast recharge but the AS seems to hitfor crap more often then not.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Re: Please Momma hurt that bad agent man

Originally posted by Nothinman

you must be a noob, 75% of mY AS are 40% er's or really close. and im not an agent.
    I am teh UBER noob. Fear me.

NERF Soldiers and their uber perma 40% AS !!! or better yet nerf them and give it to ME!

I wouldnt be too upset with a change to AS, right now i personally see it as too powerful.

but its in my favor so whatever.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

yes ill have to agree with that, of course the X-3 can do it as well, all the time. it has horrendous recharge tho. IF anyone doesnt beleive me i can get 1k + rifle skill on my own and ill AS you with X-3 and it will do 40% often.

i was just trying to rebuke that fellow who says it never happens when i do it ALL the time, and when it happens to me ALL the time : P

ithika has fast recharge but the AS seems to hitfor crap more often then not.
    Tell me your secret on doing 40% AS often, or ALL the time. I would really like to know. And that 1k+ skill, is that rifle, or AS?
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

i dont have a secret, i get hit for 40% of my hp, and i go hey mr agent that an X-3 ?

mr agent: " Yup"
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Snublefot
    In the hands of an agent, its a class defining skill, in the hand of some other professions, the recycle will be overpowering.
    Originally posted by Tiggy

That is the problem, not AS or how fast it recycles, but who it is recycling for at the increased rate. I don’t think anyone here has a problem with an agent having his prof defining weapon recycle faster, but the fact that ANYONE can get this benefit. This is the issue which needs to be addressed, making profession defining specials recycle faster for only the defining profession. Eg, AS for agents, burst for fixers, all ranged specials for soldiers. All Melee specials for enforcers and MA’s and fling for everyone. That is certainly something my agent could live with and my NT wouldn’t have any objection to that either as his rifle (a gripo) is only there to add some ranged firepower whilst waiting out nano recycles (also to point him at the pvp target).

It would be interesting to hear what the original tread poster thinks of that.
    Just gonna quote myself lol

Tiggy

Originally posted by Tiggy

Just gonna quote myself lol

Tiggy
    yeah i agree. agents should be best at AS... atm they technically are but any class can get darned close to them.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

i dont have a secret, i get hit for 40% of my hp, and i go hey mr agent that an X-3 ?

mr agent: " Yup"

During the past couple days of tower battles I've been alternating between the X-3 and the Caterwaul.

The X-3 does hit for 40% HP aimed shot more often than not, but the long recharge time balances that out.

The Caterwaul hits for crap aimed shot more often than not, but the short recharge time makes it a bit more effective. It is by no means unbalancing or too powerful.

I never said it never happens.

This starts by people saying "getting hit by a 40% AS every 10 seconds is overpowered."

My answer as a Cat user is that that large an AS is few and far between and if you use an X3 you are for sure not doing it in 10 seconds.

But you see the nerfer only wants to see things in the best possible light for their case, so it becomes a "40% AS every 10 seconds."

And by answering this ludicrous claim I am branded as "the guy who says it never happens."

Pffft

bah as as as as on a rifle like caterwaul or whate ver

look at the burst on a freakin hellfury o yeah same recycle

if you think as is a pain look at burst to then

all i am going to say is that we agents have suffered from nerf upon nerf upon nerf for MONTHS.

i stuck with Agent through the most gimped moments, in high hopes of seeing a light at the end of the dark tunnel... and i am happy to see a sunny day for once.

leave AS alone... it is working perfectly right now.
    we are SUPPOSED to be the best at this skill. it is our signature special. it's been long overdue for Funcom to realize this.

if anything should be changed, then rearrange the rifle/AS implant clusters so they dont collide.

i will go on to point out that crats and engies and ma's are in need of some pvp love... but CREATE new things for them, rather than taking our 'love' away.

Zemanova~ Grandmaster Gimp and Omni Embassador

Originally posted by Aki
    bah as as as as on a rifle like caterwaul or whate ver

look at the burst on a freakin hellfury o yeah same recycle

if you think as is a pain look at burst to then
    I don't think burst can compare damage-wise to Aimedshot. Fullauto can tho , but damn does it recycle slow.... wait a minute! Unnerf FA! I think it's high time full auto recycled as fast as aimed shot!

All those in favor shake yer booty!

/me shakes his booty
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

aimed shot does cycle way to fast on some guns for the amount of damage it does. Also you cannot compare aimed shot to burst.

right i gues this

ever 12 seconds 800 - 1,1k aimed for me that is

or ever 8 seconds 800 - 1000 burst hmmmmmmzzzzzzzz

ok some times realy some times when i am lucky i hit 40 %

bt i do not want as nor burst nerfed i just think if all the nerf whiners go on as look at the other one to

Lol, you know being a GA fixer this caterwaul really tears me up when i have my manex out at full agg. If i have my mcs out and i go fully defensive this **** is like 700-800 damage most of the time, sometimes crit AS's land. And from what i know 'add all def' doesnt stop critical chances like raw evades do otherwise id never get AS'd hardcore at all. Also for a world of pvp where RRFE/ess/hot is almost an innate feature on everyone, there is abseloutley no room for whining. Damage is nerfed to the fullest extent by buffs, it is your choice to spend the time and go get them, if you do not, you will get creamed faster than anyone else.

I've totally redesigned my implant set to protect against two things only. Evade minorly, because MAs/enfs really dont have the biggest chance in mass pvp but for when those enfs get close in the small 6vs6 battles. Dodge range i went all out with because most guns of choice these days are used by everyone - hellspinner, hellfury, caterwaul, manex, x3, etc. Duck-exp is a thing of the past, shotguns do not crit signficantly anymore and beams are no longer used. And its seemed to help a lot against aimed shots which used to hit me 40% every time no matter what agg/def setting.

One of the posters on this thread was a doc i decided to duel for the hell of it in ent the other day and i got totally creamed by the AS recharge. But i don't complain because that was my first 1v1 encounter in 4 days. I did the smart thing a long time ago and picked up an AS gun myself - most good players have done that now.

Its also quite amazing to see soldiers are asking for weapon nerfs in this thread. I never thought i'd see the day.

Now, if doctors stopped concentrating on stealing people's kills with AS's and HEALED PEOPLE IN BATTLES like they're supposed to, this wouldnt be such a problem.

CH = 8 sec

AS on caterwaul = 11 sec

The plot only thickens for lifegiving elixir.

And if you're an MA or an adventurer some dmg is minused there.

PLUS first aid...HoT so thats like 900 healing right there unless you go out and get higher ql stims from mission chests.. All for what. an AS that hit for minimum dmg or 2k?

Finally, ranged weapons gets an improvement and people start shouting nerf right away after such a long period of people whining about healing being 'overpowered.'

It is logical however, to argue that AS damage should not be determined by AS skill. For example - I use a supernova and, without a VE in i got 745 aimed w/ expertise. My AR/RE is gimped as hell, id say theyre both at around 600-650 in skill, making a combine total of about 703 on the attack rating bar with token board, add a little due to a off % rating tower. 823 AR - without a VE, my AS's arent going to be much, but ive landed a few good ones with just the tim in. My AS skill can be up to 992 with boosts/ve/expertise and that crits a hell of a lot more. On the other hand, soldiers with 750-800 AS skill are able to get 40% aimedshots. Why? because, like MAs and Agents, with their AS guns they already have good amounts in their attack rating skill. Agents have it even better because they have both the AS and rifle skill - like it should be.. To reserve aimed shot for the prominent professions with it, they should change the way it works and make AS skill a 'supporting skill' rather than a determining one, which is what weapon skill and AS skill both are right now. Make a crit AS much rarer for people with low attack rating so those who spend time getting buffs and implanting it and working their character to do good damage don't get shafted by someone with crap attack rating but with TTS on them. A 67% 33% type of solution.

Edit: And in some cases yes, burst can be compared to AS. If an AS hits rrfe for 1.7k and a burst from the hellfury ignores and cancels RRFE for 1.7k, that is comparable, but only for that gun. On the other hand weapons like the MCS can do as low as 300 damage bursts(even in the hands of a skilled fixer) on people with rrfe on and 4k+ chem AC. Which most people have.
    Last edited by Stromm; Jan 20th, 2003 at 21:22:42.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

This thread kills me.

Docs have been using AS weapons the entire game, the Ithica has been nerfed secondary to the crit nerf, but with the specials recycling faster now, damage is still being done.

My adventurer uses an AS weapon, and I even have an AS buff, am I not supposed to use that?

My adv also uses a weapon that has full auto, and guess what, FA hits for crap damage every time I use it.

AS is an independent skill, like brawl. The higher your AS, the more damage you land.

Now to this business of docs "stealing" kills....umm....so docs are supposed to stand in the back and just heal, and not shoot at anyone? You ever know that when I have CH'd you on the battle field, I got an 8 sec recharge, and if my AS comes up, I can fire then?

If I get off a good AS, and I do get some good ones with the Ithica-that enemy is either dead or crippled, how does that hurt anything?

All agents have is AS, why do you want to take that away from them.

Specials are the counter to people with high evades, otherwise they are unkillable.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast