Thread: buy IP!!!

buy IP!!!

I think you should be able to buy IP, sure it might be very expensive but sometimes ya really need it, and skill reset doesnt work 2 well. i think it should at lease be available u know?

Umm...

no
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

I'm afraid I cannot put any support behind such an idea.
    IP shouldn't be that easy to get, you should have to put some work in to it.
    Killing a load of high paying MOB's over and over again to buy IP - really don't like that idea at all.

Thumbs down

Part of the fun and challenge of any RPG is proper planning and development of your character. IP should always remain a limited resource.
    -= Level 5 Opifex Martial Artist (Rimor) =-
    Loyal supporter of Omni-Tek's rightful claim of Rubi-Ka.

Woohoo!

Ebaying IP!
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

A decisive and emphatic no.

Wanting to buy IP is like wanting to have sex and keep your virginity. Im sorry but some things take effort, you cant buy wisdom and you cant buy experience. IP is gained via experience.

Don't be lazy and get on that level grinder!!!

Originally posted by Emiko
    Wanting to buy IP is like wanting to have sex and keep your virginity. Im sorry but some things take effort, you cant buy wisdom and you cant buy experience. IP is gained via experience.
    , Emiko.

Just don't let Deac hear ya talk like that.

Exclamation

Yeah, bad idea.

Now the ability to buy RP to fix the many mistakes you made as a newb could work, but still, limitations must be implemented to keep gameplay fair for everyone.

Buying IP no way.

Buing IPRs, I'd be OK with that, say maybe 10 mil per reset point, would be a nice credit sink, help out the economy and allow people to explore different character build options more. I think there would be less tried and true cookie cutter characters if it was costly rather than impossible to change your skills once all your IPRs are gone.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

I'd support it if it was 10 million.. per single IP point...

~Chris

NO way..then some ex-explotier with 2-3 billion creds could max out ALL the combat stats, and hotswap between say, an x-3 for aimshot, to a nova for alpha, then follow up with a EQB to finish whatever is left.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

err NO

you want to know how to get more IP?

LEVEL

wussy
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Megabio
    I'd support it if it was 10 million.. per single IP point...

~Chris
    lets make it 100 million and even then NO
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Kasimir
    NO way..then some ex-explotier with 2-3 billion creds could max out ALL the combat stats, and hotswap between say, an x-3 for aimshot, to a nova for alpha, then follow up with a EQB to finish whatever is left.
    lol it was a joke

You know, even with 3 billion credits, that's 100 IP per billion, lol. That's 300 IP for the heaviest of exploiters. You could raise one dark blue skill one third of a point if it was relatively high.

~Chris

Wrong IP, Chris...

Not 10 million per point raised.... 10 million per IP.

You know, the ones where it costs 12 points to raise a stat 1 to start?

edit: Bah, just saw the "of a point" after the one-third... OK, OK, but I'll leave the rest of the post for others who are unobservant like me.

Originally posted by Megabio

lol it was a joke

You know, even with 3 billion credits, that's 100 IP per billion, lol. That's 300 IP for the heaviest of exploiters. You could raise one dark blue skill one third of a point if it was relatively high.

~Chris
    I was replying to the original concept, not you Mega. Sorry :P
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!