Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give MA back crits in PvP,there is NO other way

Originally posted by Sanskrit

I have read and... I have fought MAs, I have teamed with MAs and I have MPed MAs. You have a special attack with a FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY POINT DOT attached while my best dot is 215. You have excellent evades AND healing AND ACs and despite the crit nerf you can STILL walk around critting every 4th hit for 1000 or so points and you hit FAST. You, like every other child in this game just wants to be the most uber.

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are, it is based in experience, and thanks for insinuating that I haven't read HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of the THOUSANDS of whine posts from MAs on this issue.

The REAL reason you are killed so easily in PvP is that you havent had to do anything but run up and hit "q" special, special, special, special your entire career if you are like many MAs out there.

A well played MA is an extremely effective PvPer and there are many out there that scare the bejesus out of me.

FC and people on this board offer up MAs as the beginner class and guess what, perhaps your problems in PvP aren't related to what profession you play but rather to your skills in the game. How can you expect to get proficient in a game that practically hands itself over for you to level your character without obtaining any real skills?

I simply wanted to state my opinion on this thread, be done with it and go away. But you apparently don't think I have the right to do that... so I hope you enjoy this friendly little post

Rolling my Eyes while I am OFLMAO

Firs of all San. You are 100% completely wrong here. But I doubt you will admit that. I have seen your other posts.

MA's are SCREWED.

I pvp with a doc. BEFORE crit nerf, I used to consider MA's a worthy opponent, who could beat me 50/50. Now, I can whip an MA 20 lvls above me and have 50-75% of my nano pool left, and still be at full HP. 99% of the time.

THat dot SUCKS. Especially if you arent an "ma" attack user, and you actually use weapons.

The AC buff they get = HUGE HUGE NCU ( not worth the ncu you use vrs the ammount of AC you get , and the IP you spend on a dark blue 4 point skill )

The heals are nice, I cant argue there.

If your scared of MA's now... your gimped and suck. I would be willing to say that maybe um... 1 or 2 MA's on the planet can beat me. NOT because they are NOT skilled, or they didnt build the character correctly. But because MA's just plain ole suck now.

Crit every 4rth hit? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

I tried to PvP with my MA. I was casting LMA by lvl 128, had reduce inertia,. all that good stuff. Pretty much as uber as I can be for my title cap. I TRIED to PvP people my own lvl. I had a 2 minute long figfht with another MA. the COMBINED total number of crits the entire fight was, if I remember correctly, 4.

And there isnt a problem there? Pfft

You may have read all those posts about MA's and teamed with them. but you sure didnt pay attention to them I guess.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Turin

Firs of all San. You are 100% completely wrong here. But I doubt you will admit that. I have seen your other posts.
    OK I am wrong because the mighty Turin says I am, and because I argue forcefully with people on the forums it means I am unreasonable...

Perhaps you should read back in the thread where I just wanted to state my opinion and be on my way and am promptly told by an MA "You need to read more before you post" implying that my opinion is not valid because I haven't read enough of their INFINITE whining.

Then read forward in the thread where I agree that a return to 100% crits for MAs might work if the MA long term crit buffs were accompanied by a -2000 ranged init. You obviously didn't get there before typing your "erudite" reply.

But now the more I think about it, and the more I think about the tolerance for differing opinions on these forums, screw it. I hope they nerf MAs back to the stone age. I hope they make them into the gimps that they would be 30,000 years in the future and that they replace leets in the backyard with lvl200 MAs for the newbs to slaughter wholesale. I hope MAs will only be allowed to use dead mackerels and dented banjos as weapons and will be able to equip only nail armor and "swimming backpacks." I hope there will be a weekly "gimp parade" led by lvl200 MAs riding minibulls and wearing the "VC hats" that hippie in Hope sells. I hope leet dolls will become a thing of the past and you will see dewy little docs and NTs running to their Neleb cloak wearing deaths in missions waving "MA dolls."

LOL, someone will brand me an "MA hater" now and start a "Sanskrit the hater" thread.

Sanskrit, thanks for the kind words. Now we all know were you stand on the issue and you can leave the thread, as you wanted.

I won't give any lectures here, but personally I think you should get a better grasp of game mechanics. And, please refrain from kicking people who are already lying down. We don't need it.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Dave, my opinion now is that MAs should get their crits back, just with a very heavy ranged init debuff, and frankly, you probably have a better case with FC if you agree to take a small melee init hit on those nanos too. My last post was an attempt at humor and not an attempt to kick anyone while down. You didn't like the minibull part?

Originally posted by Turin

I tried to PvP with my MA. I was casting LMA by lvl 128, had reduce inertia,. all that good stuff. Pretty much as uber as I can be for my title cap. I TRIED to PvP people my own lvl. I had a 2 minute long figfht with another MA. the COMBINED total number of crits the entire fight was, if I remember correctly, 4.
    um, not getting involved in this fight, just have a note to interject.

The reason you has so few crits against another MA (and he against you), is cause both of you were fighting at low agg (I assume, that is one of the MA's strengths after all), and both of you have superior evades (again an MA strength). I would expect any MA to avoid a lot of crits. That added to the crit nerf makes for a crit unfriendly fight. Fighting anyone with blue evades, or who needs to go full agg would make a difference.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I was unable to kill an afk adv in 60 seconds. I was well buffed and consider myself well equipped. I was a bit, ahem, upset.

Personally, I'd like to see crit back and throw a ranged init debuff on the MA self-only crits if that will help us. But from a game mechanics point of view, I absolutely hate that idea. The beauty of AO is that I as an MA could pick up and use a rifle, and a NT could go melee. It's boring to have to use fists and bow, I would do it anyway, thats why I play a MA, but I very much enjoy the possibility to pick up an axe or a plasma rifle if I wanted to.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

screw them those shifty punks lets make there evades 1/2 also

so i don't have to waste 5 mnutes of life killing them and won't miss as often they aren't doing jack damage any way why do i have to miss

NERF !!!!

just kiddin

i'll be expecting payment for this bump
    Elitemedic Rimor Doctor

I crit nearly as much with Letah with a 15% scope and 850 atk then Lyphae @ 1153 atk with 8% scope + UVC in pvp. In PvM Lyphae oudmged everyone cept an EQB enf. Seeing the difference here?

Going bow means low atk skill; parry-parry-parry-parry-parry-hit-parry..

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

can't see a solution

Hmm i believe FC is bringing a root prevention: Might of the revenant, now how hard to get it ?? Ultra rare, Uber mob ?? and only 15 secs of imunity every 12 minutes ...
    Well better then nothing. If it ever goes on live ...

Now about crits, everyone knows MA is a crit reliant class, our inability to crit makes us weak in pvp, but we are not alone.
    All low base damage dealer are nerfed really bad, now putting a -2k ranged init on self crit buffs is bad as u should be able to use any weapon with any class so shottie ma should be viable.
    Rolling back the 50% crit for all classes is forgetable as FC already said it will not happen.
    Giving back the 100% crit in pvp to ma is the solution we are all looking after but i believe it will never happen being seen too unbalancing to other classes
    What else ? highen our base damage would unbalance PvM (where we are already good enough)
    I really cant see a solution here....

Well as soon as i hit 200 i'll go an a 2he enf so i can enjoy pvp and high level boss camping :/ too bad i cant do it with my MAIN

Violax.
    Jack Violax Burton - Atrox Ma 218/17 - General of Coven of Hunters
    Leveling Eq - Tanking Eq

Actually the only way to *fix* an ma is to completely redesign them no tacked on new weapon trash or a on a wave of crap
    either redesign ma's completely or give us crits back its that simple. If FC wants us all to pvp (NW) then do it and do it soon else you arent going to have many ma's around (if you noticed there IS an awful lot less of em now just per capita no 5 ma teams to be had anymore). Actually screw it im gonna sell everything on my ma and give it to my doc.
    Last edited by Aelyth; Jan 22nd, 2003 at 06:49:45.
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    2001-12-31 09:59:51
    Subscription Type
    Anarchy Online 1-month recurring
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

Bump for MA fix, whatever it takes them to do it.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123