Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give MA back crits in PvP,there is NO other way

I once respected the MA as a worthy opponet..Now its rather sad...
    Its like "ohh, and MA, ohh nm him, we kill him later, not like he will hurt me while I kill someone else"..

MA without crits are like a bird without wings..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

a tl 6 MA with 1200 MA skills should NOT DO 200 DMG IN PVP!
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Snowblaze
    Sanskrit, you really need to read before you post a reply. What has nanoresist buffs to do with our non-existent damage? When we don't crit we do crap damage.
    I have read and... I have fought MAs, I have teamed with MAs and I have MPed MAs. You have a special attack with a FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY POINT DOT attached while my best dot is 215. You have excellent evades AND healing AND ACs and despite the crit nerf you can STILL walk around critting every 4th hit for 1000 or so points and you hit FAST. You, like every other child in this game just wants to be the most uber.

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are, it is based in experience, and thanks for insinuating that I haven't read HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of the THOUSANDS of whine posts from MAs on this issue.

The REAL reason you are killed so easily in PvP is that you havent had to do anything but run up and hit "q" special, special, special, special your entire career if you are like many MAs out there.

A well played MA is an extremely effective PvPer and there are many out there that scare the bejesus out of me.

FC and people on this board offer up MAs as the beginner class and guess what, perhaps your problems in PvP aren't related to what profession you play but rather to your skills in the game. How can you expect to get proficient in a game that practically hands itself over for you to level your character without obtaining any real skills?

I simply wanted to state my opinion on this thread, be done with it and go away. But you apparently don't think I have the right to do that... so I hope you enjoy this friendly little post

Rolling my Eyes while I am OFLMAO

"A well played MA is an extremely effective PvPer and there are many out there that scare the bejesus out of me."

Ah well, I didnt realize.....

Thx truly for your abundant =enlightenment= ,Sanskrit
    Now that i realize that im "an extremely effective PvPer",I take back everything i ever mentioned in this post.I truely am a balanced melee class.Thx for fixing the game.Plz have have another Ring Ding......you DESERVE it.

So much for no flaming on a constructive -flame free- thread.

Listen fanboi,if an MA is ANY threat it is only every 30 min,and even then only in a root free area.I've played this MA longer than 95% of the current active player base.Been thru every phase and configuration possible with this class/race,or as much as my IPR would allow.I was around when an MA max crit was 1400 PvM,when MA's only got teams cause they could cast LMA/UVC on others,and Im still here,even after our PvP is destroyed and my class is almost gone from this game.A year and a half I've played and done all there is to do with this MARTIAL ARTIST.

Dont YOU go and tell me what my ******* class is capable of because you assume that you are so great in your apparently infinite wisdom.If you really think that we crit every 4th hit then you dont know as much as you think you do.I cant remember the last time i got close enuff in a battle to PUNCH someone 4 times in a row,let alone crit them once.Aside from range,bows crit NO differently cept for AS.Sure we are faster hitters...by what? .5 sec?only enforcers have a speed problem compared to us.From what ive heard even a 3 sec gun can get dam close to 1/1.5 with high enuff inits.

I know your silly kind of flamer all too well.You roll your eyes because you think you're the only one on this planet who's not an idiot.Of course your prolly getting all cranky reading this.Do yourself a favor and take a nap(have someone tuck you in so you dont fall out).Then when you wake up im sure you will be able to think of a dozen more clever things to type to make yourself feel like you are the smartest thing on earth,cause remember...Fanboi's always need to have the last word!!!!!!!!

TAKE YOUR FLAMES ELSEWHERE........theyre not welcome here
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

Originally posted by Disciple092
    So much for no flaming on a constructive -flame free- thread.

TAKE YOUR FLAMES ELSEWHERE........theyre not welcome here
    LOL, JACKASS, you obviously didn't read the part in my post where I stated that I really just wanted to state my opinion and then GO AWAY, but wasn't allowed to do this because some whiny, pansy MA came and FLAMED ME! fanboi indeed...
    Last edited by Jutlina; Jan 14th, 2003 at 00:54:11.

It's really sad to see the state MAs are in now. Fighting at full def against a ma and you'll get more dmg from reflect/rrfe than the ma, and if your a rooter like me it's even worse. The most tweaked out lvl 200 MAs can't compete at all with a medium outfit of most other professions.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

MA were really cool kicking ass with their River6 running around and breaking root with general debuff. They were good now they the proffession pretty much sucks..

Originally posted by Snowblaze
    Sanskrit, you really need to read before you post a reply. What has nanoresist buffs to do with our non-existent damage? When we don't crit we do crap damage.
    "If MAs expect to roll through the keys on their hot bar and then look down at "remains of" sorry it don't work that way for anyone else and it should have never worked that way for you." .......what can you say to claims like this.......
    trying real hard to see the flame she posted,but im not finding any insults.....u suggested nanoresist buff...which has nothin to do with MA damage and she suggested you read the thread a lil better.
    Unlike your post,she didnt call u a child and basically try to convince you that you have no skill.

Anyways dude i didnt make thread for this **** .This "jackass" is done arguing with someone who is NEVER wrong in his own eyes.By all means re-post to have the last word if you want it.Its your reputation............

P.S. give MA back crits.Current root situation will balance the class and follow FC's rock/paper/scissors plan.rooters(paper)will cover MA(rock).......only MA lack of damage due to crit 1/2 unbalances us
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

MA's can still be dangerous if htey hit you full force but nowhere near like they used to be.

MA's used to totally own cause they could get in brawl..crit,crit,crit,crit heal, dimach and ur done..

now they do the same thing but the crits arent there and fist damage is almost laughable.

i dueled a lvl 196 MA like 15 times in a row for fun one night in tir.. mrmaygya or something lol.. he made me zone a few times but 13/15 i made him zone prettty easy.

the other 200 ma's ive dueled ive owned easily, i also rarely see them killing anyone anymore. add the fact that they are so easily rooted and cant break it and u got a pretty gimpy proffession.

what they did to MA's was like aking away the burst skill from a soldier.. or making trader drains 200% resist.

i for one kinda enjoy NOT fearing a lvl 200 ma when he walks up to me... lol.. but thats beside the point.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

yep nothinman..think me and u dueled like 3 times after the MA nerf patch. u totally owned me..cept one time i think i got u to half lol.

now in pvp i hit like the old guards did in 2ho..more of a nuisance then a contender.

I totally wish i had my IPR back. least then i could experiment with other things to try..maybe ithica, maybe x-3, maybe back to river. 24+3+4+14/2 = 22.5% for me..not including maxed evades and agg bar on 50%-75% most people play at in pvp. 7+3+4+14/2=14% chance to crit (for those with decent scopes that is) and cuz of my scope..i gotta play at at full agg.

ive tried no scope..full def...VE 65% def..nothin worked. 800 NR, 900 evades etc etc.

what it really comes down to is this: our fist dmg caps at like 1k or 1100 according to some recent findings (see the MA boards for more info) and the fact that the higher our PI is..the slower we end up goin..and the fact that at my lvl..everyone is as fast or even faster then me.

before patch..it was always a crap shoot if i'd win a fight..but i rarely ran from a one on one.

now im a joke really.

shoot...let me put this in perspective: I dueled an enf in tir arena...37lvls below me. he killed me in 7 seconds. i got in one hit and one heal and i was dead.

a doc 39 lvls below me killed me, a trader 30 lvls below me killed me and GA fixers...lol..i cant hit them anyway. only one i havent fought since patch is a crat and an engi. shoot gunnandahalf killed me and i never even hit him. nullity+nukes+full alpha after nullity wore off. i was dead and rooted.

Its not that bad

I just had to throw in my 2 cents on this subject. Ok i can see where the MAs would be upset over getting there crit % cut down. But this does effect everyone that pvps not just the MAs. Also look at the skills that a regular MAs increases. More then half of his skills that he increases are GREEN and they dont even have to worry about any weapons. Now i can understand the frustration, but come on MAs can also heal pretty well and with the exception of the Doc and Adv are the best at doing so. MAs are still tough in pvp i know because ive fought and watched them in battle. They attack so fast it makes my head spin lol. Well thats about all i have to say and thats my 2 cents.

Seriously, MA's need loving again.

My enforcer can, selfbuffed, kill MA's above his level, w/o a weapon now. Just damage shield and brawling.

Level 160ish and eating level 200 MA's for breakfast like they were instant-oat meal.

Yes, crit-nerf did affect other classes too, but this post is about MA's and pvp. The fact is, MA's are really gimpy again. No reason to make them uber beyond uber, but they should have a chance.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Nice post guys.

Thx to all those who support the need for MA's to have a fix.The current state of affairs is completely outrageous.

Now to the people who think there is nothing wrong with us.Just stand back for a mo and check out the people who are posting in favour of the MA needing love.We have respected PvP people of all classes getting behind us, cause frankly at the high end game we suck big time.
    I am not enlightened on the low end game and things down there might not be so bad, but 150+ our fist damage is laughable.

anyhoo thx to the MA supporters keep up the good work it is defo appreciated by this MA.

SgtSlap- 164 and still semi-retired.

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    I disagree, fix them some other way, give them an offensive nano resist nano, etc. but no profession should be able to walk around with the crit levels that MAs had before the crit nerf. If MAs expect to roll through the keys on their hot bar and then look down at "remains of" sorry it don't work that way for anyone else and it should have never worked that way for you.
    place -1000 ranged init w/ LMA, UVC if you are worried about ranged...when i enter a tower battle i see

Attacked by...
    Attacked by...
    <white screen>
    oh, reclaim =-)

it's absurd. we could only do signifiant damage with our crits. we are not a "casting class". UWS is only good in missions when rooted by NPC

plz help FC w/ MA crits...i am tired of making low level toons

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Thumbs up I think that is a great idea...bring back MA crits :)

My MA would actually be able to step foot in an arena again without shaking nervously.

fix mas! give us our crit back

Originally posted by mgbkurtz

place -1000 ranged init w/ LMA, UVC if you are worried about ranged...when i enter a tower battle i see

kurtz
    This would probably be an acceptable solution, the ranged crit % is really what was unbalanced before, not the melee crit%. Make it -2000 ranged init though, hehe.

Crit nerf hit other professions hard also.

Reason for crit nerf was MA + River 6 + 15 scope. Nothing could stand against that.

Doc with Ithica plus 15 scope + mop + GOC. Nothing could stand against that except traders maybe.

How to balance the MAs? Bring back crits, but letting them go back to ranged crit makes no sense.

Seems to me bringing back crits to what they were in PVP, and putting ranged init penalty on MA only crit buffs is answer.

Crit nerf really hit adventurer class hard, particularly the pistol users. Pistol damage was kinda like fist damage-low base with high crits. With crit scopes and adv crit buffs (sabretooth +1, frenzy of fur +1-30 sec damage buff, 2 min recharge) adv could sustain high crits for a period of time. Now, crit nerf makes 1% crit buff useless in pvp, and no point wasting nano on the damage buff.

Melee adv like mas, and to some degree adv pistol users because of pistol short range are equally affected by the root changes, so even if ma's got crits back, they'd never get to use their fists since they'd be rooted and snared, and scooped up by the queen blade enforcers.

Since we don't see much chance of crit buffs returning, it only makes sense for a balance to be restored by providing root and snare immunity to classes without any defense. I've argued adventurers should get root/blind/snare immunity in wolf form, and something similar should exist for ma's. Under current tower war conditions, how imbalancing would it be if MAs couldn't be rooted or snared?

MA's along with adv should have total immunity to those nanoformulas.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Originally posted by Morelian
    I've argued adventurers should get root/blind/snare immunity in wolf form, and something similar should exist for ma's.
    I am for a new NR line of nanos that would provide significant boosts to NR or even better a sloughing field that engys/crats could cast that would have a sort of layered protection (like the sloughing specials blocking shield recently introduced) against roots snares debuffs blinds drains. This boosts all classes, melee in particular, because the way it is now there are few big tower battles that are any fun. Besides lag and crowd control, when you can fight effectively you are fighting at less than 50% capacity because of hostile nano effects. This kind of sloughing field would also protect against AoE nukes but not single target nukes.

The more I think about it, no profession should have absolute immunity to snares and roots from any nano. That would be totally imbalanced which is why I have to disagree with your wolf/snare idea

I didn't say the profession should be immune, I said "adventurers in wolf form" should be immune. And I argued the same thing for MAs.

We see immunity in effect throughout the game. Soldier Mk shield, Fixer GA (partial immune to regular damage) etc.

Enhancing 2 weakened professions would not be imbalancing at all.

Nano resist buff exist already in game-Nano repulsor from docs. It adds like 80 or so NR.
    Last edited by Morelian; Jan 16th, 2003 at 22:05:52.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast