Thread: Question about making coffee machine

Question about making coffee machine

I started a crat and wanted to make a coffee machine. I followed the guide on AO stratics which says the only skill needed is B&E and trap disarm to hack the message container, but when I tried to combine the white wine with the folded note it states I need 300 in psychology. Are there any othe skills I now need to finish? If so is it possible to have someone else finish it for me or is the coffee machine no drop? Thx for the help

Yes, you can have someone else finish the coffee machine and install the crat coffee block for you. They can only do it one at a time though as the finished coffee machine and then with the crat coffee block are unique.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I just finished mine tonight. You need 300 in perception on the white wine step. And you need 300 electrical engineering to combine the fink coffee block with the coffee maker. Not easy, especially with the nasty reqs for B&E and trap disarm earlier.

Ok, so I can have someone finish the machine for me and give it back to me (Unique but not no drop)? Then I will just need to up my elect engi to make coffee?

Edit: Ok, from what I see on Auno.org the New Miyashiro is Unique. You then combine the Fink Coffee block with this and get a Miyashiro Superior Enhanced Coffee Machine (listed as a normal item, not nodrop or unique). Can I have someone finish the machine to this step and return it to me? Then I no longer need any skills to brew coffee besides being a crat and >=25 in elect engi (as listed on Auno.org). Is this correct?
    Last edited by Tigro; Jan 12th, 2003 at 07:52:36.

Originally posted by Wallz
    Ok, so I can have someone finish the machine for me and give it back to me (Unique but not no drop)? Then I will just need to up my elect engi to make coffee?

Edit: Ok, from what I see on Auno.org the New Miyashiro is Unique. You then combine the Fink Coffee block with this and get a Miyashiro Superior Enhanced Coffee Machine (listed as a normal item, not nodrop or unique). Can I have someone finish the machine to this step and return it to me? Then I no longer need any skills to brew coffee besides being a crat and >=25 in elect engi (as listed on Auno.org). Is this correct?
    I believe that this is true, and I think the STMC is unique.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Originally posted by Wallz
    Can I have someone finish the machine to this step and return it to me? Then I no longer need any skills to brew coffee besides being a crat and >=25 in elect engi (as listed on Auno.org). Is this correct?
    Yup, none of the steps make it no-drop, just unique. Although I couldn't find anyone to do the EE step for me, and I got tired of waiting, so I did an IP reset, bumped EE to 300, made the machine, reset EE and put the points back in the original skill. There went all my resets, but now I have some damn fine tasting coffee.

ive made the New Miyashiro Superior Coffee Machine but now i cant finish it cause i cant buy the Fink Fragrant Morning Enhanced Coffee Block because it says i already have this unique item... how am i supposed to finish it?

Look around your bank and bags to see if you accidentally already have the coffee block stashed away somewhere. All else fails, have someone else with 300ish elec engie to combine the coffee block for you and give you the finished machine.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

all ive got is the New Miyashiro Superior Coffee Machine in my inventory nothing else, no bags nothing, my bank is also completely clear of items... guess ill have to petition *sighs*

Need coffee info

Okay, I made my coffee machine. Put in some Menthol coffee, it comes out needing to be tossed over the shoulder. Now my machine is a Superior Menthol Coffee Machine. How do I do the crat coffee? Have I messed my machine up? I've been all over the forums and can't find that info. Someone, please, toss me a clue.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

just rightclick on the machine and you will get coffe.
    pretty sure that is how it is done.
    not ingame atm but.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

i take it that you have built this machine Miyashiro Superior Menthol Coffee Machine

but there is another, Miyashiro Superior Enhanced Coffee Machine

when building the coffee maker there is two types of coffee blocks that can be used, menthol and fink, most people want the coffee that the enhanced coffee machine makes (using the fink block). If thats the one your after you'll have to build another machine
    President of Bug Busters, Omni Tek - Rimor. Interested in joining?

Thanks Spdiso. I figured I'd used the wrong coffee, but wasn't sure if it ever ran out or if I had to make another machine. I read, and read, and read, and read forums but couldn't determine which coffee needed to be inserted. Unfortunately I used the wrong block.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

Anarchy Arcanum has a nice guide for this.
    Whatchuwant lvl 219 Trader (President Obsidian Order - we're recruiting)
    Able to do all known Tradeskills

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Hunni
    Okay, I made my coffee machine. Put in some Menthol coffee, it comes out needing to be tossed over the shoulder. Now my machine is a Superior Menthol Coffee Machine. How do I do the crat coffee? Have I messed my machine up? I've been all over the forums and can't find that info. Someone, please, toss me a clue.
    Yeah you messed it up. Gotta repeat the process this time do a fink coffee block. You only need one coffee block for infinite coffee. It's even store-buyable for like 100 credits (Why it's so predominant in the loot lists i have no clue)

Give Merette a tell on Rimor if anyone still need help to assemble it.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.