Let me start of with this.

As I understand crowd limiting it is a way to keep the lag down. Lets see... where is it the most lag?

In location that have many different kinds of terminals Banks/grid/whompa/shops/mission terms

In location of tower battles

in location of special boss mobs or regular boss mobs.

Why not take this a step further/twink it a bit.

What I suggest (feel free to correct me if this is completly impossible to do) is to make bosses special/regular have their own crowd control system.

Lets take the One for example. I admit I have only been at his location one time and from what I learned in the short time I lived is that he takes some heavy hitters and lots of them to take him out. With the aid of support groups.

I think I heard that something in the vicinity of 4-5 full teams are needed to take him down.

so lets say 5 teams. thats 30 people. And the ONE also got some nice backup himself. So in that area when you fight the one you have (This is just a example) 30 players. the ONE and his gang... maybe a total of 40-50 creatures. Now this will result in some lag I know. but what will happen if more people arrive... more lag, linkdead players that are stuck in limbo until the zone clears up or a Ark gets notified and pull them out of there (will need a secondary char to notify the ark)

So why not make the boss zones have more then one dimension. I know this is implemented for a few bosses already. Like Terasque and Tim. but as for the other bosses as well. It would also help with the respawn time and such I think.

Did I explain it so you could understand me? Not sure... let me try it in another way

Rather then having 40+ players waiting in line for the same boss why not make it a few more dimensions for that boss. So when 30 people are waiting and player 31 arrives he comes to a new dimension, where the boss might or might not be spawned at the time of arrival. Rather then becomeing player 31 to wait for the boss to spawn and thus increase the lag for those that are allready there and for him/her self.

Offcourse this would need to be done so a team isn't broken up in dimensions.

I hope I managad to explain it in a way so you... the reader understand what I mean. If not... let me know and I will try to explain it in another fashion.

Oh. btw. this is a suggestion. So no flame please