Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do u charge for tradeskilling?

what do u charge for tradeskilling?

what do u charge for tradeskilling?
    cas?carb?dragon?mantis? etc etc....
    i ask this cuz it happened that i made ql 200 full set CAS
    he jus said ty, bye i think that's kinda lame
    Last edited by P12; Jan 11th, 2003 at 11:54:47.

For CAS armor QL200, I usually charge 500k per armor piece converted. Only fair for changing into implants and using tutoring devices to boost my Chemistry to 900+.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Can't do much but what I do, I do for free.... one day that'll be QL200 armor too

I did some research to find out what the going rates are, and made this post in the Atlantean Market forum

these seem to be the going rates:

Armor:
    CAS Armor = 1k * QL * #of pieces
    Carbonum Armor = 1k * QL * #of pieces
    Bronto Armor = 1k * QL * #of pieces
    Flesh Hoods = 1k * QL
    Modernized ICC Cloaks = 200K
    Dragonflesh Armor = 2 mil

Gadgets
    Treatment Library = 1k * QL
    Virral Triumvirate Egg = 1 mil
    Implant Disassembly Clinic = 1k * QL

Weapons
    Chemical Mausser Streamer = 1k * QL
    hacking Sealed Weapon Receptacles = 100K (if it's not part of one of the above processes)

Medical
    Emergency Treatment Labs = 1k * QL
    Stims and Kits = 1k * QL

NF's
    Nano Crystal Creation = 1K * QL

Jewelry Refining = tips

Hacking Items = 1k * QL

Towers = (haven't tried to make one yet)

click on the link in my signature for more up-to-date prices

these seem like the prices everyone is charging
    original author of Helpbot

i take tips for everything but alot of the time its free cuz im nice like that :>
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

I don't think doing free complex/hard/long tradeskilling is a good idea.

Easy and quick stuff is fine, like doing one implant or doing <=QL100 stuff (stuff that generally requires no effort or buffing, takes very little time, and numerous people can do), but doing higher level stuff for free just undercuts those people who use tradeskills as a one source of income. I don't see it as just being nice.

I'm not a tradeskill person (yet, I'm building up an ENG, for better or worse), but I gladly pay those people who are tradeskill adept.

Originally posted by Beaker
    I did some research to find out what the going rates are, and made this post in the Atlantean Market forum

these seem to be the going rates:

Armor:
    CAS Armor = 1k * QL * #of pieces
    Carbonum Armor = 1k * QL * #of pieces
    Bronto Armor = 1k * QL * #of pieces
    Flesh Hoods = 1k * QL

Gadgets
    Treatment Library = 1k * QL
    Virral Triumvirate Egg = 1 mil
    Implant Disassembly Clinic = 1k * QL

Weapons
    Chemical Mausser Streamer = 1k * QL
    hacking Sealed Weapon Receptacles = 100K (if it's not part of one of the above processes)

Medical
    Stims and Kits = 1k * QL

NF's
    Nano Crystal Creation = 1K * QL

Jewelry Refining = tips

Hacking Items = 1k * QL

Towers = (haven't tried to make one yet)

click on the link in my signature for more up-to-date prices

these seem like the prices everyone is charging
    Those are damn cheap from what i have seen. I suggest you ask slaggie as he does most of the tradeskills what the usual prices are.

One million for a Virral Triumvirate egg?

Considering most sub-TTL6 people need Maestros to do those, and likely have to pay 250k per maestro, that leaves the Engineer with little left..

I agree that many of those prices seem to be somewhat low.

Quick-and-easy stuff, I don't charge much for. But if I have to change implants, the price rises.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Free.. people tip me though. So... Not really free.

~Chris

Ya that is sort of stupid. You know i spent 1.2 million on the robot to make my soft armor shaper and it's done me NOOO good whatsoever. I could be driving a new yalmaha right now instead of blitzing dang omni pol.

Oh ya i got a set of low 30s bronto for my trader after 5 hours of bronto slaying and because i kept every piece of hide i ever got. She needs new armor too. That lasted about 8 hours of game play.

Armor, implants, guns it all goes way to quick at the begining and takes just as much time to get it. You spend very nearly as much time getting a set of 39 armor as you do 90 armor and it only lasts a day or 2 on the character while the 90 armor can be on you for a week or two.

Using IP for trade skills is stupid. They need to add trade points and use them as a buff up to the trade skills and give them for every combine. It would go into the skill point system easily. just limit spending trade points on trade skills and just add them to the base. Make it so you still have to spend ip there though. make it a half and half rule.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

Those are damn cheap from what i have seen. I suggest you ask slaggie as he does most of the tradeskills what the usual prices are.
    who is slaggie?

I'd love to have a better list of prices, something people will expect and yet will make it worth my time.

I to think my price list above is too cheep. I spend 30 minutes sometimes for some 1 mil tip.

I can make an easy 5 mil/hour blitzing missions, so I think this would be a good metric. If I spend 30 minutes, I should make at least 2.5 mil for my tradeskills, otherwise what is to keep me from just blitzing missions instead? other than I like helping people out?

who is this slaggie? I'd like to see his/her price list and I'll gladly revise mine.

PS: nevermind, I found who you are talking about, Superslang, and it looks like he only charges tips for almost everything, no help there, KrazyKanuck
    Last edited by Beaker; Jan 13th, 2003 at 08:21:14.

yeah "tips" is his usual response to enquiries about his prices

Better off asking how much he usually gets tipped for a job or how much he thinks he deserves for it

yup, have to agree anyone only charging 1 mill to make a VTE is imo slightly mental....

especially considering some people turn upexpecting it tobe easy foryou to run ql 240 gold thru a wire drawing machine. Its pretty tough for most normal people to polish ql 200 soulfrags let alone process ql 240 gold

minimum price for this should be around the 3mill mark.
    for armour, anything over ql 100 should be around 2k / per ql especially for non clanners

And im no longer going program and combine sentient coldstones for stupidly small tips. Like i dont know you expect me to build most of your Stilleto for under 25k a click - u know who you are....

And as forall your dirty Fixers out there who consider a 50k tip sufficient for the 132 u need to cast your GA 3, well just forget it and go find someone who needs 50k. Im not interested in 50k tips for you to equip your 150+ mill GA3...
    Remember "Jakeaway" Brigges
    Always "Spoton" Target
    Amsterdam "Firebrigade" Service

Returned from the grave and back in business.....

good advice, I'll update my price list

my goal is to charge what most people charge

I'm not out to make a profit, since I could easily blitz missions for much better money (but I want to have prices that makes people feel like they are getting their money's worth.)

As for "I accept tips" that just sounds greedy to me, like you're saying "I'm taking a gamble you will tip me way more than the value, so I'll keep my mouth shut and hope for high money"

Personally, I like knowing the price ahead of time, when I go to get a service from someone. That way I know I'm both not being ripped off, and not cheating the maker out of a fair compensation.

KrazyKanuck, feel free to have your slaggie post here, I'd love to hear his price experiences.

ok, here is my updated price list

from Docmax's Tradeskill Services

Armor:
    CAS Armor = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL
    Carbonum Armor = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL
    Bronto Armor = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL
    Flesh Hoods = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL

Gadgets
    Treatment Library = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL
    Virral Triumvirate Egg = 3 mil (bring a Trader, or allow me time to find one)
    Implant Disassembly Clinic = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL

Weapons
    Chemical Mausser Streamer = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL

Medical
    Stims and Kits = 1k * QL

NF's
    Nano Crystal Creation = 2k * QL QL1-100 1K*QL (I can make up to QL 185 without Trader's buffs)[/size]

Jewelry Refining = tips

Hacking Items = 1k * QL

Talking

The policy I usually follow is if I can make the item without an implant swap then I will do it for free/tips. I am very reluctant to make anything that requires an implant swap as it is a hassle not only in swapping your implants but the headache you get from dealing with "problem" customers.

Most of the credits I have made from tradeskills are from selling items I have pre-made such as Treatment Library, Maussers and Carbonum sets.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

I do the same, but I have my list above for when people need a price to base their tips off of

trade skilling is no way to make money. but it's fun helping people (most of the time)

Talking

ty for responding
    I think this will help other people too

hehehe...

I charge NOTHING* however, I like to be tipped and if you tip well....then consider that payment

BTW items that I make

CAS Armor
    Bronto Armor
    barter armor
    Flesh Hoods
    Modernized ICC Cloaks
    Dragon Armor
    treatment libarays
    MCS'
    VTE's (does cost 1-3 mil)
    implant hackin machines
    nanos (up to 200 for now)
    jewelry crafting/improving
    improving weapons
    adventure shields
    Towers (up to 205 ONLY if you supply parts)
    Service towers (bagfull of 21/ ql150 towers 3 mil)
    stims and such
    aggression enhancers
    implants
    robot brains
    mantis armor
    coffee machines
    overtuning tank armor

or anything else you want me to try and make....

/Totalkaos

*some items do require money to be paid*
    We have enough youth...so how about a fountain of smart?
    =-Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun-= Ash

Oosatansfxoo Funcom's FIRST namenerf.

Mothers agree, Totalkaos is recomended 2 to 1 and is 25% better than someone else.

Armor Config

so Satansfx, and the others that said "I only charge tips" I ask you this?

what do you do when you go though a lot of extra effort and someone only says "thx" and runs off?

also, how do you answer people when they ask you "how much?"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast