Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ganking and PVP flags

Ganking and PVP flags

Ok, anyone who visits the Tir arena knows that a recently undercovered agent called Biohover is there most often. Some examples of the things he does.

1) Steps in, gets aggro, steps out. While you have him aggroed he can un-aggro you. When he does this, if you still have him under aggro, you cannot use specials or nanos on him. He will be able to use them on you, and choose whenever to "initiate the fight". By then you will be double drained (as I said he can drain as much as you want if you are still aggroing him).

2) Steps in, attempts to drain, if he gets hit -- BAM -- off to the nearest zone. He will continue to try that same target until the drain lands and he gets a good AS or makes sure there is no threat. None. Now I can even understand people ganking, but running when they are hurt. But he doesn't even wait and try to fight.

3) Some other things like grabbing a guard while mimic crat, coming back, stepping in and using the pet exploit so that the pet will attack and you can do nothing to him.

Simple solution to this.

Put the old rules back. If you are in a team, attack a teamed person, the teammates can kill you. Put the old rules back where if someone Q'd you, and stopped, if you had them under aggro you can continue to do everything as you were before.

Got about 15 screens of him running at almost full health, and some of him using the un-aggro exploit (though its hard to tell while looking at the screenshot).

Bah you friend didnt help but ****ing heal you when I layed the smack down you on you in ENT.

There a few people on the opposite sides of the conflict who I can still be friend with thankfully.

And you dont gank?.

I get ****ing hit from outside of the arena with people teamed.

Not like a pet can kill a person lol?.

But I have to agree with people who stop attacking a caster (esc) so they cant cast, that sucks. This should be fixed ...removed.

Another thing, people can now kill you when you cant see them (out of range).

GG FC.

Yeah, what is up with this **** where you can't use specials on someone in higher than 25% gas? Bring back the old system where once you are fighting someone, the fight goes on until someone zones, with specials and nanos.

i agree very much... the new system is fawked up.. bigtime..Biohover takes advantage of the bug where you are hit from a distance further than your max visual range, so that you dont get ANY message of being attacked or hit...

he's killed me once or twice by this... i was at full health, suddenly i saw it go down to about 80%.. healed it up again and kept on chatting with doppia and some other friends.. this kept on for a while, since i thought it was doppia area nuking or something, so i didnt bother looking into it..
    then suddenly i die (at 100% hp), with no message whatsoever... just got a "changing area" message, and ended up at the reclaim terminal..
    i think i have some screenies of this on my computer, but im not sure...

This is how the system work. In 100% zone you cannot attack anything. This mean that if you cant attack players, you cant use special or nuke but the system wont make you drop aggro so your weapon will still be shooting. In 75% area, you are able to initiate aggro to anything that attack you. But if one of the players decide to release aggro, you cannot 'attack' him so this mean you cant use specials or nano on him. But that player can reinitiate combat also whenever he want since the system allow you to counterattack your attackers in 75% but not in 100% area. I know it sucks for alot of people and make ganking somewhat easier.

My solution to this would be to not allow anytype of PvP in 75%/100% area, forcing aggro to be release by both players whenever one of them leave the suppression gaz. Another good thing would be to not allow players to attack before their grace period end so it cant be used as first-strike tool, a defencive tool used in PvP to allow players some time to think and get ready before entering in PvP mode.

What make Biohover even more pathetic is that he has switched to Clan in order to make his ganking of clanners that much safer.

And no he doesn't even fight. He just tries to hurt you bad immediately and if it doesn't work he releases aggro and zones. He will zone with 8% life left.

He must have 10 screenshots of me telling him "why bother?" after initiating an attack on me and then zoning. He is pretty squishy so as soon as they fix the gas exploit my Manex is going to have a nice long chat him.

Originally posted by Riokou
    Bah you friend didnt help but ****ing heal you when I layed the smack down you on you in ENT.

There a few people on the opposite sides of the conflict who I can still be friend with thankfully.

And you dont gank?.

I get ****ing hit from outside of the arena with people teamed.

Not like a pet can kill a person lol?.

But I have to agree with people who stop attacking a caster (esc) so they cant cast, that sucks. This should be fixed ...removed.

Another thing, people can now kill you when you cant see them (out of range).

GG FC.
    a) When you are teamed you can no longer initate attack on someone who is attacking your teammate.

b) Jumping in the arena while me and others are fighitng other omni, and rushing me when I'm already hurt and don't have NS or layers any more, is hardly laying the smack down.

c) Pets are a lot more dangerous now then they used to be. Sending a guard to attack someone isnt' something to shrug off.

d) Glad you left out the part of me jumping in the arena shortly after with 5 of you in there and making you run before my NS even ran out.

Point of this thread, though, is the fact that Biohover is just a coward. While I do attack omni in both arenas and political zones, I duel peole just as much and I don't run when asked. Most of my fights have been duels, and I feel good being able to say that I don't just sit around ganking people and exploiting the system.

Another nice thing would be to stop access to the arena by the other faction. Place a bunch of ql300 guard that hit for 10k around the arena and warp you if you try to run away. But that would only stop rival faction ganking, not inner faction gank that happen ALOT at lower level. Another way to stop this instead of placing uber guard that give lag and can be risky for ppl with area attack is redisgn Tir arena and make it exactly like Omni Ent but make those Entry/Exit terminal only accessible by one faction. So clanners can go to Omni arena but they *cannot* access the 25% at all, they can just watch. Same for Tir.

Another well deserved neo title holder, lot's of zoning skill on him.

You land divest on him he zone's.
    You use Aimed Shot on him, he zone's.
    You press "Q" on him, guess what, he zone's

Wimp, must be all that crack thats made him parinoid.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Great so we'd all be limited to the NW lagfest where you find out at reclaim just what happened to you as the messages scroll by..

Ooh look my burst hit him for 2.5k woot wow I hit burst like 2 min ago. Oh now I see why I died I got Fixer nuked over and over and over. Really would have been nice to have been able to participate.

I think now the the FC economists have milked their NW subscriptions they should make things the way they were before and stop repelling people from Arena PvP. Nobody cares that gankers from other factions are there. We want them there. The problem is now that lower levels cannot make it there and higher levels have easy and cheap escape plans.

Hell I used to go to Ent all the time and pick out one target to fight and then zone out of Arena with the hope that he would zone too and keep aggro so we could have a 1v1 fight but now its just lame because that strat will label you as an exploiter because of this suppression gas bug.

Any sort of 1v1 fight inside the Arena between opposite side factions is always met with outside interference. In fact two days ago I was saved by a ganker. Yes saved. I was losing a duel to a soldier and surely would have died but then I saw myself getting drained and then attacked and he left me with the only thing to do which was grid out.

He allowed me to live by being able to grid out with honor. I would have just accepted my duel fated death if I wasn't ganked.

They need to reestablish the old rules. This new way is just lame. But perhaps this is the plan. Keep people away from Arena so they will focus on land control and NW.

FFS all those guards in Tir could not be storyline based lol.

Make a neutral arena in Newland of whatever and place access to Will To Fight dungeon near each arena with locked GS for each type of level so we dont see grey names. Arena are really bad place for fight no matter how much we want to imporve them. People who heal others in the 75%, suppression gaz line, lag and grey names who alway beg for hots and uber buffs.
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 10th, 2003 at 17:35:59.

*whimpers a little*

-Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Poor stex

Yeah I agree with you Novalia, ganking to get the first shot in though is different.

Its funny, he ganks then runs out of LOS so he can get an easy kill, real lame.

I'll be okay...

Planning a selfbuffed CAS setup anyway -- although with new life imps that are hard to switch around, I won't be able to take on the 150+'s in Tir or Ent anymore. See it while you can...

I disagree with you on one point, Insida. Many problems could be created if attack mode went off both players when one of them hits 75% or 100% suppression. Enter a PvP zone, alpha, root, step back. Heal. Enter, hurt more, step back, heal. Then again, if that was used in conjunction with your PvP grace change, it may work more well, but the problem still stands -- attacking and then being invulnerable, even if enemy started autoattack.

Personally, I think it was best when full nano/special capability was enabled in 75% zones regardless of attack or nonattack status of the enemy. Also, bring back teammates being able to help teammates with attacking in 75%!
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

One thing I would like to had is that buffing/healing shoulndt be allowed if the caster is not in the same suppression gaz as the target. It kinda suck a player is being healed by a healer that you cant attack..

I don't know about the non-special thing. When I fought with him (couple hours at a time over the course of two days) I could use nanos and specials. NSD = insta-zone for him. What I don't understand, and frankly don't appreciate is the fact that pets do not work at all under these circumstances. I tried every single itme, and nope, my pet wouldn't attack.

I dunno I personally think demons were gimpy enough, but apparently FC thinks that they look cool enough to be useful standing there without attacking. *shrug* I eventually stopped even summoning one. Anywhere but wide open tower battles they can't attack at all. It's verging on depressing.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

This guy is an expert at exploiting the system. I also had a couple of fights with him where I could do everything from casting roots to specials but when he got anywhere near 50% he would do whatever it is he does to drop aggro and that limited my actions to only regular shots with my gun. Of course all of his fights take place right next to the door. Total waste of effort.

I spoke to an ARK about it and had a conversation with him but all he could say was wow that's pretty lame send an email to bugs@....... why bother..

I think he has also been trying that aggro and move out of sight exploit with me. I don't usually chase gankers anymore and he is aware of it. Yet he aggros me and runs out of sight. I don't chase him and if it weren't for GA I could be getting slapped around with this phantom damage you're talking about.

before the MA nerf patch...he would try to kill me often..he never did and i killed him 3 or 4 times (woot root graft).

now that MA sux so bad..he did the exploit thing when i was in the arena chatting. tabbin for omni of course not expecting to get ganked by a clanner. i ran over to the edge of the arena and i went from full health to reclaim. instantly. only saw 5 hits on me and none of them crits.

so yes..he is a jerk and yes..he does exploit and yes..he is a wuss and will zone if u start to get the upper hand.

his title is a joke and nobody i know respects him at all.

Originally posted by celestiness
    before the MA nerf patch...he would try to kill me often..he never did and i killed him 3 or 4 times (woot root graft).

now that MA sux so bad..he did the exploit thing when i was in the arena chatting. tabbin for omni of course not expecting to get ganked by a clanner. i ran over to the edge of the arena and i went from full health to reclaim. instantly. only saw 5 hits on me and none of them crits.

so yes..he is a jerk and yes..he does exploit and yes..he is a wuss and will zone if u start to get the upper hand.

his title is a joke and nobody i know respects him at all.
    He probably cast concentration and alphad with the Oneida.

And yeah, don't know anyone who respects him either.

Hmmm last I saw there was a crat wearing a dress dancing on his corpse while sak took his neo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast