Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cz: NCU buffs

Cz: NCU buffs

You wrote that in 14.8, NCU buffs would be changed to let them refresh. Now that the nanoline is in work, could you please look into whether or not NCU buffs should be Visual Profession Fixer.

I don't really see a problem with Agents going Fixer to buff a team with NCU during the times of Notum Wars. Afterall you want fights to last longer and this would give players added possibilty to fill their ncu with defensive buffs.

Im a fairly new agent (and a backyard Fixer) so I might be leaving something out here, but going Fixer in a Tower War would be either to buff Runspeed or be able to grid out as fast as possible.

I can see why HoTs are Fixer only, but frankly I belive agents should have access to those too =).

Thanks,

Snee
    Last edited by Snee; Jan 10th, 2003 at 09:59:12.

I know! why not just make agents capable of casting and using ALL items and nanos in the game, and while we are at it lets not lower their nano skills either.... then we can call the game Agents Online.

Dont be silly... you would soon be upset if fixers could "hack" nanos so we could cast feline grace and enhanced sences and all your rifle nanos and crit nanos wouldnt you?
    "dont talk to fixers... they are devious people who only want to get rich... and quick"

-<Insolvency>-

The agents number 1 unique feature is being able to cast other proffs nano's with some major penalties whilst doing so. But funcom seems to not like that idea and they keep making nano's that agents can't cast. Kinda stupid if you ask me. If they don't want the agents being able to fp they should just take the ability away and grant agents something to compensate.

Every time funcom adds a nano that agents can't cast while fp'd they're nerfing the agents in a small way.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

i agree... take away the agents ability to switch.... BUT give them more usable nanos to compensate. For example give them an ncu buff but make it not as good as a fixers... say 70% as effective. Then the agent retains his wide skill base, but with lower effectiveness and fixers etc still feel that their CORE skills arent worthless.
    "dont talk to fixers... they are devious people who only want to get rich... and quick"

-<Insolvency>-

Ack, I wouldn't enjoy a change like that. You got some good points in there. Cz, just ignore my request ..

Originally posted by Snee
    Ack, I wouldn't enjoy a change like that. You got some good points in there. Cz, just ignore my request ..

/curt
    /bow

not many people act like you do, kudos

(I'm referring of starting a discussion then saying 'kay, that were valid points, I agree with you')

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

OR...Snee was beeing sarcastic in his last post.

From the amount of complaining from fixers at raids, who have to jump from team to team to buff their NCU (and all the hassle with level req and the fact that NCU buffs atm can't be refreshed), I really can't see why a fixer would deny agents this. Or anyone else for that matter.
    Heh, thinking about it, I can't see why agents would *want* the ability to buff NCU in the first place

Agents doing fp or mimic or whatever it's called gets substantial penalties for doing this, wheter its reduced nano skills or inits (or both?)...
    let them cast all nanos with some exceptions...GA comes to mind as it would be overpowering.....NCU buffs however, are not.

Then why would anyone play anything other then a Agent? If Agents could cast them all then there would be no need for other profs at all, penalties aside.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Because of the already mentioned penalties perhaps? The penaltys which render some nano's useless anyways, like healing which can't handle the nano init penalty.

Or maby cause they want to tank, or any number of other things.

Saying that everybody will play agents if the agents core ability is intact is stupid. At the start of the game when funcom hadn't decided to stamp this ability out, and agents could cast EVERYTHING... there weren't unending hoards of agents.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Originally posted by Insolvency
    Dont be silly... you would soon be upset if fixers could "hack" nanos so we could cast feline grace and enhanced sences and all your rifle nanos and crit nanos wouldnt you?
    Upset? Nope, not in the least. Would like to see something along that line happen.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Imagine this, your in camelot and theres over 30 omni who need your NCU buff and your the only fixer there(it happen alot). Everyone want fixers buffs, they are so cool. Now you gotta buff 30 people with a nano that takes 12seconds to cast and you need to be teamed. Some people are teamed, some are not, some dont have the level req for it, some other dont have the NCU for it, others are trying to get in a team or sometime your 'Invite' button is bugged or the guy is already team but he didnt offer. OMG ncu buff are so anoying. I just wish they could be like speed buffs and you cast them on everyone and its instacast and doesnt cost much nano. It thought MP had a hard time with buffing session but after I started doing big group activities, I quickly changed my mind. If you wanna be able to cast NCU buffs, Im really okay with it but you will probly not be able to cast the best one and thats one ppl want..

Hmm, I dont see why an agent should be able to use all profession nanos. I don't mind the "normal" buffs etc, but giving them access to absolutely everything isnt what I'd like. Fixer NCU buffs stays fixer imo.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by Insolvency
    I know! why not just make agents capable of casting and using ALL items and nanos in the game, and while we are at it lets not lower their nano skills either.... then we can call the game Agents Online.

PWNED !
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

I have nothing against Agents using ncu buffs etc, but buffs like the supressor line should be fixer only.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

You don't see Soldiers complaining when Agents use TMS and its a far more Influential nano for them to use than a NCU buff.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

I'd mostly complain about it because, at the moment, it's about the only thing that makes a fixer unique in a team. Other than that, we're just second tier damage dealers, and that doesn't really cut it

-Pandaofdoom
    Anatediaphobia:

The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

The uber gimp, now in accessible goodness:
    Gimp gimp gimp

Originally posted by Rußirango
    You don't see Soldiers complaining when Agents use TMS and its a far more Influential nano for them to use than a NCU buff.
    I have yet to see the agent that chooses soldier at the beginning of a mission
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

*same with okkra* havent seen an agent yet choose a soldier. Most i have seen go mp for buffs (by request) or enforcer for dmg and hps. Soldiers are too nerfy to fp in fights hehe. Much better options for an agent then sol.

The reason you never see FP:Soldiers have something to do with a Rubi-wide addiction to Baton. Soldier is a good FP when you got access to OS and RRFE. Baton have a 1.5 hour duration though (if refreshed) so it shouldn't stop agents from going Soldier in the second mission. I personally go Soldier quite often.

Originally posted by Panda of Doom
    I'd mostly complain about it because, at the moment, it's about the only thing that makes a fixer unique in a team. Other than that, we're just second tier damage dealers, and that doesn't really cut it

-Pandaofdoom
    So where does that leave soldiers who don't deal any more damage then fixers, and have no GA, no NCU, no HoT's?

The only thing that makes Agents unique is the ability to go False Proff and be able to stand in for any missing proff and cast their buffs for the team. Funcom doesn't like this ability any more tho and they keep stamping it out, WITH the approval of small minding people who can't see beyond their own proffession.

by HH Munro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast