Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online just game for the uber guilded?

Question Anarchy Online just game for the uber guilded?

Here I am NT at lv 195 which been high level before. Done most anything a person without uber guild can do. Be it roleplaying, camping easy uniques, making alts, pvp, etc.

So I'm setting here bored with AO and 14.5 rolls around supposely adding "content" for high levels. Here I am trying get people come kill a one the new bosses I cannot even manage get people together due the fact they only work inside their guild. I managed pull if few raids successfully in which had get items with no professions tags thats fine but only so many bosses drop NT only stuff and still headache to do so. So maybe you cannot put raids together get people come maybe just join someone else raid? Most raids nowdays are just one guild.

Notum Wars comes out thinking wow maybe this will be give me content that 14.5 did not. Amazingly turns out only handful of uber guilds get lv 200 spots let alone lv 200+ spots. I dont mean sound greedy but at lv 195 I really not much into using towers that ql 25 or 50. If the lesser guild i'm in wants get new spot they pretty much have wait hope get one the spots coming open given doesn't get grabbed by another uber guild. Lesser guilds want in on battle they pretty find themselves as tag alongs.

Not trying down uber guilds at all. More power to you if you have it together but direction this game is taking uber guilds more likely find themselves only ones playing this game. If your going add content FC please add something that people without uber guilds can actually enjoy.

Roleplay....it don't matter how "uber" you are. Content is always there becuse it springs forth from your own and other's imaginations.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

When you use the term 'uber guilds' I take that to mean guilds with enough high level member to go get the rare and difficult to obtain loot. There is nothing you can do about this. As long as there is uber loot there will be Type A personality players who will band together to get it.

In regards to guild membership in general, players get tired of trusting strangers in pickup teams. Unskilled players get you killed and you lose your experience and thusly your time. Differing play styles are a hassle, ie some people tear though missions non-stop, some prefer to loot all the chests and bodies to sell the items for cash.

Probably the best reason to join a guild is the comraderie. You get to know the members and have someone you can depend on when you need help. If you can get together and go get some phat lewt, fine, but at least you can get a decent team for missions and hang out with your pixilated buddies.

Divine got a point. The game is moving towards multi group efforts. And its moving towards multiple efforts of the multi effort thing.

That leaves PvP. But, oh, its all towers these days. and to be blunt, you won't be in that business for very long without a big guild... Or be in the small percentage that enjoys beeing smacked repeatedly.

Or Roleplay. Never been my thing, and from the players I meet in the game, its not many activly enjoying roleplay more then the occasional emote and "omni scum" remark. Its not fun standing around shouting at Omni either

The game should head back to basics, where it was about 1 or 2 teams. Or the occasional 1 hour solo trip...

Most active RPers do not sit and sit shout "omni-scum" all day. At least not in my experience.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

The high lvl game is very clearly going towards group/team efforts, you can't do anything by yourself.

In tower wars you don't have to be in a big guild if you only want the PvP, but if you want to own a base and get guild advantages, it's very hard in a small guild.

All unique mobs needs many people to take down and I guess that's a must, else it would be way to easy and camped.

I guess Apocalypse would be counted as one of the "uber" guilds(even if we never aimed for it or invite anyone to grow bigger) and I can only agree that there are many advantages to be in one of these guilds..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Feeling your problem there Divine, there is new high level content. but NOTHING that can be done solo or in a single team. Most of the new Uniques require mulitple teams and a lot of time to tackle. The reason most are done as guild efforts is because of the inevitable squabbling over loot that occours when multiple guilds/teams/groups are involved in a raid. Very sad but true.

Not everyone wants to have to camp for hours with 30 other people ...there needs to be soloable content also.

Regarding bases... getting a new base as a small guild doesnt seem to be a problem with the click frenzy going on whenever a base of the opposite faction is destroyed. Arion seems able to pick up bases just following Storm around...
    Holding it is something else however... but good communication with other orgs should get you some back up.

The highest-end encounters are almost impossible to pull off with a non-uber guild. But only the absolute toughtest ones.

Most of the low-end uniques can be done by much lower-power guilds than it takes to tackle the Ian Warr gang. The mid-tier uniques might require a large uber-guild to do "in house" but could be done by, say, two or three smaller guilds with a decent number of high-level players. The highest tier of uniques, of course, can only be done in-house by a handful of guilds, and even then only on "good turnout" days.

The real problem that is going to drive people to uber-guilds is the towers and the NW skills budget. Put very simply... most of the high end equipment that's been added lately, and that is being added as time goes by, seems to presume that you're in an org with a ql 200+ base for you to plunk a tower or four down on, along with some ql 250 org advantages.

This is what is going to start driving people who are level 170 and higher to apply to the top tier guilds in large numbers, far more so than access to loot.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Yes the GREED has already started the migrations. People ditching their friends so they can have Uber towers and Uber loots.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Yes the GREED has already started the migrations. People ditching their friends so they can have Uber towers and Uber loots.
    how is it greedy to want to better your character? I agree that leaving a guild for loot is pretty sad, but if something happens and you find yourself guildless shouldn't your decision on where you go next be based on what would make YOU happy?

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve your character. Nothing wrong with joining a "uber" guild if you find yourself guildless. Too often it seems one finds themselves guildless cause they just typed that /org leave command so they CAN join some Uber guild without regard to any relationships or freinds they leave behind. I think it's also sad that people join a guild FOR those loots and towers...not becuse of friendships. Getting items becomes the sole most important thing. Just my jaded 2 cents worth.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Interesting to see how the same thing happens in every MMORPG as it nears maturity.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

true words

Originally posted by Jynne

The real problem that is going to drive people to uber-guilds is the towers and the NW skills budget. Put very simply... most of the high end equipment that's been added lately, and that is being added as time goes by, seems to presume that you're in an org with a ql 200+ base for you to plunk a tower or four down on, along with some ql 250 org advantages.

This is what is going to start driving people who are level 170 and higher to apply to the top tier guilds in large numbers, far more so than access to loot.
    getting items is one thing, you could always buy from the bully guilds.

but if you are only able to USE them if you ARE in a bully guild ... well that is short sighted.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

And AO becomes more and more like the real world, where big companies/groups have more power...
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Uber guilds/powergaming..

I look at it like this, I put more time into my character than someone who doens't play as much as I do.. I _SHOULD_ have better equipment, etc than a casual player. People that spend time camping, busting their butt to make their character the best that it can be should be rewarded with being alot better than a roleplayer that doesn't understand the game mechanics, etc as much as a powergamer. Don't like that you aren't in a uber guild? GASP! JOIN ONE! There are tons of guilds out there clan/omni that are more than capable of getting stuff done on their own, or hows about your little guild team up with a couple of other little guilds to kill one of the uniques? It's called social darwinism, that's like saying "But this guy that works 50 hours a week makes $3,000 a month whereas me working at McDonalds for minum wage and 7 hours a week makes $200 a month, it's not fair." You'd quit McDonalds and get a better job wouldn't you? I know I would, I wouldn't sit around feeling sorry myself and jealous of other people.

I can say 1 thing. Well 2 actually.

First there should be more tower areas open especially in higher levels.

secondly the 100 tower limit in a large area needs to go. So right now not only do we have the problem of most orgs not being able to get decent towers but even the orgs that band together to get large to be able to hold one 1/2 the players can't place any towers due to the limit. I am in a org with 1 tower area which is less then 1/2 full by volume because the 100 tower limit has been reached and its very annoying,

I thought towers would be a great feature to the game then i realized that very very few people get the,.

Actually in EQ you could be in a small guild and kill all mobs, you could make an alliance with other small guilds and still be guilded with your friends. Problem in AO is NW where you physically have to be in the "uber" guild, and this is probably main reason I dont buy NW. And I think many that arent in "uber" guild will agree with me that NW is just a waste of money for them.

And Habibus there are ppl who has put more time than you in their char which isnt in uber guild so I dont buy your arguments.

I think the concept of "only uber guilds can" has been misleading in this thread.

I do a lot of uniques and hardly ever do I have people in my guild help or participate. All you need is a group of friends, no guild is necessary. For towers and such, then yes, you need a powerful guild.

Just the way things are right now.
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

I think part of the problem are the flags FC place on items.

NODROP : when a uber mob holds such an item it means: huge player effort, meaning you need to be in a uber guild

UNIQUE : you can have only one, meaning camping, meaning huge player effort to outdmg other teams, meaning you need to be in a uber guild

See a pattern here?

Originally posted by Emiko
    I think part of the problem are the flags FC place on items.

NODROP : when a uber mob holds such an item it means: huge player effort, meaning you need to be in a uber guild

UNIQUE : you can have only one, meaning camping, meaning huge player effort to outdmg other teams, meaning you need to be in a uber guild

See a pattern here?
    Err, I really don't see what it have to be with "uber guilds"

NODROP : Can't be sold or traded, so you have to be there yourself.

UNIQUE : No point in camping this item becuase you can max have one and when you have that someone else should get next.

But what does the flag have to do with "uber guilds"?

You need tons of people to kill the new uniques and it's easier to organize within guild, so that have to do with it, but I really don't see any pattern with the flags on items..except that it's less likely someone will farm and sell.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast