Thread: Ok Pilot, all aboard. Take us to the mission

Cool Ok Pilot, all aboard. Take us to the mission

What AO really need is a Pilot profession.

The need for aerial transportation is very usefull for teams wanting to get to and from mission/quest sites or where ever they want to go, and it isn't everyone (especially at lower levels) that can afford a yalmaha, so therefore much time is wasted by waiting for those without transportation (that is if the team doesn't break up in the process). With a Pilot profession this would be a thing of the past. With the ability of piloting a larger aircraft that can carry an entire team(s), traveling across Rubi-Ka would be way more pleasant.

There should also be several types of crafts for the Pilot.
    Ranging from the cheapest crafts that are slow, to the extremely fast ones that might carry more than one team. Hydro vehicles. Larger attack vehicles. APC's.. The possibilities are endless.

Please feel free to suggest other crafts/possibilities.
    And be objective will ya!
    Dimension: Rimor (Rubi-Ka 2):
    Phauxer - Fixer (MAIN)
    Shadowshark - Shade
    Mammooth - Soldier

There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. - The Godfather, Part ][

Damage Inc. is dead - Long live Damage Inc.

Very Very Nice, Thad be my next Main, in all games I'm allways pilot, now that I hate havin to tank for people, or Stick with damn pet's, it would be nice, but one downside, they would have to redo the game engine for transporting people ( I would think) just like they would have to redo it for pets... so its not quite possible but maybe in SL, it may, since the SL's have new engine.

Originally posted by Neo
    Very Very Nice, Thad be my next Main, in all games I'm allways pilot, now that I hate havin to tank for people, or Stick with damn pet's, it would be nice, but one downside, they would have to redo the game engine for transporting people ( I would think) just like they would have to redo it for pets... so its not quite possible but maybe in SL, it may, since the SL's have new engine.
    That was what I had in mind, since there are supposed to be 2 new professions in SL
    Dimension: Rimor (Rubi-Ka 2):
    Phauxer - Fixer (MAIN)
    Shadowshark - Shade
    Mammooth - Soldier

There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. - The Godfather, Part ][

Damage Inc. is dead - Long live Damage Inc.

Talking

Well see what happens,

Hmmmm

Other ramifications:

You are placing your lives in the hands of the pilot. In pvp areas if someone manages to bring down your aircraft (root?), you could die from the fall couldn't ya? Otoh, if you manage to land, what a nice surprise for someone if 6 people jump out of that craft armed to the teeth and mow the fool down! Of course, if the aircraft is a huge bus-looking thing, then someone will know it has the potential to carry multiple passengers.

The towers that defend against aircraft could shot down a flying vehicle thus wiping out a whole team.

Neat stuff. It would add complexity to the game to be sure.

Talking Yup...

yea people would get owned on the ground by us pilots.

Re: Yup...

Originally posted by Neo
    yea people would get owned on the ground by us pilots.
    aerial battles! i like it.

helicopter:
    make a chest-type useable item.
    make a small moving platform and a tiny room in the front.
    make it when ppl right click it, they'll get transported onto this platform.
    make a gateway that's linked from the platform to the tiny room(pilot seat).
    the pilot can move this room+platform around(360 degrees)
    make characters on this platform visible and targettable by players on the ground, and vice versa.
    these things need to be hydro size or above.
    make pilot seat character have extra "action buttons" for using the on-board weapons and utilities(force shields?)

most of the above are already available tech in the current state of the game.

someone else figure out how to make paradrops and NW will take on a whole new meaning.

can do this same idea for tanks, jeeps, trucks, jet fighters and other multi-personnel vehicles. an NT sitting in a small (luke on millenium falcon gun seat) type room AE nuking the ground during a fly-by would ROCK! as well as the gattling cannon that's mounted there firing at the ground below(AE burst/full auto anyone?)
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Talking haha

AO turning into Flight Simulator, that'll be the day,