Thread: teaming vs pvp ranges

teaming vs pvp ranges

It seems to me that there have been a few(ok, maybe a lot) of complaints about not being able to attack someone who is in your pvp range because they are teamed with someone else that isnt. In some cases, the people are obviously taking advantage of the situation by teaming with others well outside their own range to make themselves unattackable. In others, its only a few levels difference, but it still prevents combat. For example, if a lvl 30 guy wanted to attack a lvl 32 player, if neither were teamed, they could fight. If the lvl 32 player is teamed with someone withing his pvp range, but at the top of it, he wouldnt be attackable by the lvl 30 guy.

In some cases people are used to teaming with a certain group of people, lets say, for example, a lvl 115, 122, 143, and a 151 like teaming for missions. They team together all the time. However, in pvp, they are outside of eachothers range. They shouldnt have to break up what is a nice, successful team just to accomodate pvp restrictions.

Wouldnt it make sense, and if it doesnt make sense to you, thats fine, I'd like to hear opposing opinions as well, to synchronize the pvp and teaming ranges? This would cut out some problems with who is attackable, and let people who are used to teaming together go into pvp combat together as well.

Thumbs up

I agree. We should be able to pvp with any that we can team with. however it doesnt completely solve the prob. Because I can team with someone that is 118, however even if I could pvp with them, they may be team with someone that is lv90, who is outside both my pvp and teaming range.

So a simple resolution to this. If you team with someone, you are now subject to the pvp range of all characters in the team. This means that if a lvl 20 teams with a lv100, and then gets smacked by a lv120, so be it. (seems harsh, but make it clear up front and you got no reason to ***** if it happens because you are aware of it).

Now I know why some of the changes around towers were made, and they need to be addressed badly. Simply because it inhibits defenders far more the attackers. Defenders are for the most part limited to the LC area they are defending during an attack if they are to mount any successful defense. However attackers dont have this limitation. So say, a lv50 attacker can simply leave the area and receive buffs from a lv200 friend, and then dive back in, while the defenders are screwed since they cant do the same without leaving the towers open.

Another issue on this is pets. As it stands anyone with a pet, can go get buffed to high hell, and say at lv50 call in a 150 pet. then send that pet to attack lv50 towers. The pets level is not considered into the pvp of towers. thus making engi, crats, and more so MPs the ultimate seige weapons.
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

Bumping to get this noticed!
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

Whether you are teamed or not, if the person you want to attack is within your own level range (not that of your team's) you should be able to attack. Teaming should not alter those level restrictions. Teaming should be restricted in level the same way PvP is.
    .: Naraya :.