Unless a weapon says "Profession: XXX" it is not specific to any single profession.

I know it's a perceptual thing. But this perception needs to get cleared up, imo. While scanning the forums I see things like "Fixers have that uber Manex" or "Traders have shotguns". The Manex Catastrophe <Pick a Month> can be used by any profession and I'm aware of more than a couple characters wielding them quite effectively. Shotguns have been used by every profession in the game, I know for a fact (the "In" thing was to be a Ithica Snakemaster wielding MA for a while). Assault rifles being a Soldier's weapon? I remember complaints from soldiers saying other people wielded them better.

People having the wrong perception about this stuff would be okay. Except the fact these comment are always part of an excuse to either nerf a profession or to reject the idea that profession might deserve (or need) some attention. The misconceptions can be cleared up quite simply with a few words from you, Funcom. Not only that most professions do not have any specific lease on a weapon type. But also that despite a weapon skill's cost, it might be a viable choice for your character because of the extra damage it might do over your profession's cheaper skills.

My Trader wields a bow. My crat wields an SMG If I could stand playing a Doc I dunno what I'd take, maybe 1he? nothing against any Doctors, I just know too many tanks cry like 3 year olds when hit. When the choice is being stuck with a pistol or paying for a blue weapon skillset anyways, all guns are yours.