Thread: High end encounters

High end encounters

This is not a whine, and to begin with I would like to say that its great how there are things for high level players to do in AO now. There are however some issues with the high level encounters we have now beeing quite un-stimulating for the players. Examples of the better encounters are The One and The Pest, I find these fights quite entertaining and they can be approached in a number of ways. However fights like the Dimondine Trainee, Obedience Inspector and the like are plain tedious.

An idea to improve this situation:

I would like to see a new kind of high level encounter. This encounter is not based on players having to fight very tough mobs one at a time, rather the players face a multitude of lesser mobs who assault them from many directions. Possibly a large field full of mobs that wont allow you to pull them more than a little. The players have to cut a path thru these mobs to reach some kind of destination, maybe some boss or quest mobs will appear when you have battled deep enough. Preferably the mobs you kill should respawn fast enough to close off the players who have gotten somewhere in this scenario.

A good idea would be to make something like this indoors, some kind of new dungeon. And I do believe for game balance reasons all players in this dungeon should have a capped run speed at maybe 400, or you will see nothing but huge trains going back and forth as players run with their warp speed fixer buffs and what else they use nowadays.

Its just another idea.

Wolfe

splendid, i thought about stuff like this before, out in the artery vallys, i always wanted there to be a horde of mobs, with some great loot in the end.

i didnt think it out too much, but i see where your goin, and this could definitly add a little fun to the game, if not alot.

The mantis part of smugglers den is kinda like this.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Well in SD a crat AE calms through too the queen or the smugglers in 1min and since calm in this game also acts as complete memblur you dont have to fight a single mob to get to the queen for instance. I prefered how it was in EQ where we often had to fight our way through a dungeon to get to the boss, mobs were very angry (and could path) when they woke up from mezz so you actually had a meaningful timesink that way. And in the start its fun to explore a dungeon that way, getting deeper and deeper and mobs getting harder until you manage to get to the boss. In some dungeons just getting to the boss was a challenge which could take multiple attempts.

love this idea(s).
    bumpage for more fun boss encounters.

*KT lf engie!*
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

That would be something interesting, no doubt.

A lot better than (hit q and go afk for 30 minutes) that some classes can do.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%