Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Base-*ninjaing* Policy

No Base-*ninjaing* Policy

This is a thread to put guilds in agreement that after the 20 mins is up and it becomes free for all you do NOT retake the land because the opposing/conquering side was unable to in that amount of time.

Both Clan and Omni guilds are needed to join in on this agreement, base stealing is cheap and should not be tolerated.
    Legion had a base stolen by clan and Lost Chapter had a base stolen by Obsidian Order due to bugs and shouldnt have to happen again.

Ranking officials from each of the major guilds and any other guilds should agree on this and to not do it.

I myself can speak for Lost Chapter and count as the 1st to agree.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

I speak for Redemption,and we agree.........
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

In light of the way the system works, being bugged as it is, this is an honorable approach Pat. Funcom can't make the system work, but players certainly can.

Blue Dawn is with you on this one.
    Warboc - 218 Adv
    President of Defiance

Speaking on behalf of Rebels, We will agree to this as well

Speaking for Apocalypse, we agree to this.

Synergy Factor has and will continue to support this. Additionally, we will support any actions necessary for recovering a base lost in this manner, regardless of faction.

While Funcom has provided us with the game, it is the responsibility of the players to maintain a respectful environment. I hope that Obsidian Order reconsiders their position.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

this sorta falls under the idea of ethics...which from my point of view this game lost long ago.

FC can not make better ethics in the game, We have to make it work. I could list 1000 examples but im not going to, Both sides hear someone say "Clanners do that" or "No only Omni has bull**** tatics like that".

In the end tho its not the Side or the Guild its the individual people that make these choices to do stupid things. Im not saying we all should Drop Arms and be friends but fighting fairly would be a good start.

This is not a attack on any guild or anyone in general just a customer like the rest of you that would like to see some more fair play in this game. Extending these types of player Rules to other areas of the game would be great.

However i do not speak for legion at all about the topic land ninjaing as it is not my place to say as im mearly just a warrior in the ranks, but i can assure you i would not be with legion if to my knowedge the officers had done such a thing.
    Last edited by Joaquin; Dec 22nd, 2002 at 14:46:33.

As much as I admire and support this idea. It will not work. Some people have no honor. There will always be ninjas and greifers in this game whos fun is making other people mad or wasting there time and effort. Sad to say.

Lets go back to

Ninjaing Tara.

Warping into Camalot. We all agreed to it. it happend anyways on both sides.

All the other crap.

People suck for the most part. I learned this long ago.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I support this. The system is broken, so the only way to have "fair" wars is by doing it this way.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Well this can work. It won't stop all the ninja placing in RK but it will stop a lot of it. A problem I see many people doing involved in this look to the past for there answers and all the times something wrong happend. Why does it hurt not to try? Were not asking all Clan and Omni to join in on this just the guilds who wish to hold up such an agreement. Already with the guilds who are supporting this, counts for much of the Clan activity I have seen myself.

This is a realistic agreement which can be upheld.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Well I agree to this but it needs to be something more than just vows not to ninja bases ourself. There is always going to be somebody who doesn't want to play by the rules so something more needs to be done.

What I'm thinking is that if there is a clan base known to be ninja'd from OT, then no aid should be given to them in defense of that base and vice versa if for an OT base ninja'd from clan.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Good Idea Rebecca, there needs to be a punishment for playing dishonorably.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

I can't speak for BoB but as a player I fully support and agree with this.

I also agree with Rebbeca's post as well. If the larger guilds on both sides agree to this, and a smaller guild does grab the land up they shouldn't see any support at all in defending it.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Good luck, but unless you put this in the launcher the many will outweigh the few...not everyone reads these boards.

Turin is right, how many other 'agreements' have we seen?

Until FC either label this as an exploit or fix the problem it will continue to happen. You can argue that 'well at least x,y,z dont do it' this will be no confort to the people still screwed over when this happens.

FC _need_ to publish how the NW is _supposed_ to work (the whole thing, gas level changes, tower quotas, org bonuses etc etc) because at the moment there is an 'information void' here (which you got to admit FC have a reputation for)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Warlock
    You can argue that 'well at least x,y,z dont do it' this will be no confort to the people still screwed over when this happens.
    The difference here being that we have the ability to do something about it. What you don't want to be is the organization defending against a combined force of the larger organizations from both factions.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Not much'd suck worse than getting hit by an attack force composed of teams from LC, Apoc, Legion, TBH, etc.... all at once.

On RK-2, but I hope this works out.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Vyker

I also agree with Rebbeca's post as well. If the larger guilds on both sides agree to this, and a smaller guild does grab the land up they shouldn't see any support at all in defending it.
    Apparently your statement is true because BOB just took over control of that base. Handed over to them by obsidian order.

Originally posted by Vyker

Well, since I placed the tower to hold it for BoB, does this mean that BoB or anyone else that it's given to shouldn't expect any support from other Omni guilds or are we strictly talking about guilds with less high levels in it that don't get the support?

I do agree and am willing to adhere to Rebecca's post but I certainly don't want to see any double standards here. Whatever Omni guild that decides to build on that land in DAV should not receive support in the event of a clan attack if I am to understand your post correctly?

JoanofKahlan / Basilica / Fixlica / Joankahza / Joaness
    Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

believe that is the point joan. With combined guilds attacking it will be next to impossible for the ninja-ing guild to defend it alone. As for you "holding" it for BoB I now look to them to see if they have more honor than your guild.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Scions agrees to this..
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast