Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nerf GA Nerf Fixer Nerf Manex

Angry Nerf GA Nerf Fixer Nerf Manex

Every time i go to team mission and kill boss, whats in the loot?
    Fixer Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day i was defending our guild towers, 110sh MA (Nerfed Uber Gimp)
    When a omni fixer popped out of nowhere (same level as i was)
    with Manex in his hand and GA on him.
    it took about 7 seconds for that fixer to beat me (over 3K AC and 700+ Evades 4K+ HP)

Does AO dev team love fixer too much to give em so much superb stuff? and hate MA's to make em Uber Gimps?

Why dont you make MA super duper armor that gives 10000+ Evades and Some attack that can hit through GA???
    IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!???
    or
    Make Manex and GA somekind of level restrictions.
    (PvP is no fun anymore)

*Bump meh*

Re: Nerf GA Nerf Fixer Nerf Manex

Originally posted by Keebo
    Fixer Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day i was defending our guild towers, 110sh MA (Nerfed Uber Gimp)
    When a omni fixer popped out of nowhere (same level as i was)
    with Manex in his hand and GA on him.
    it took about 7 seconds for that fixer to beat me (over 3K AC and 700+ Evades 4K+ HP)

Does AO dev team love fixer too much to give em so much superb stuff? and hate MA's to make em Uber Gimps?

Why dont you make MA super duper armor that gives 10000+ Evades and Some attack that can hit through GA???
    IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!???
    or
    Make Manex and GA somekind of level restrictions.
    (PvP is no fun anymore)

*Bump meh*
    I'll save the fixers the trouble of answering this one:

You meet up against 1 twink and because he spanks you, you want a whole profession nerfed? And some others along with it (Traders are starting to carry Manex Catastrophes. My crat alt uses SMGs and a Manex might fit right nicely on him)?

Nevermind that GA still is so rare, I hope to find it on one of my characters (none of which are fixers). I'd like to buy a couple of paints for my yalm and really don't feel like hitting my own credit account for it.

Nerf Fixers? Nah...Nerf trolls
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Nerf Sunlight! Nerf Gravity! Nerf Oxygen!
    Joshua "Tenzian" Danczak

I rather want a flag on the Manex that says "CanNotBeWornWithGridArmor"
    Also make it Fixer only

Also nerf the Oxygene thiefs
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Okay maybe that nerl whole fixer class was bit too much

MA's just need more love, more attacks that are worth using.
    Fix riposte, its useless
    Give MA's 4 more fists to fight with, more prof specific armor, faster heals, team nanos, possibility to beat someone in PvP

MA's are gimps, ill start fixer.

Nag nag nag, Stop your whining and play the game insted!
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Re: Nerf GA Nerf Fixer Nerf Manex

Fixer Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeek! You want to nerf fixers because they are getting too much boss loot?

OMG! Adventurers are gonna be nerfed back to the stone age then, most BS bosses seem to carry around at least 5 KoT (crystal and discs) plus a smattering of Greater and Superior Lick wounds too, just too really ram home to everyone who isn't an advie how much FC loves adventurers.

Add in the grief we get for the nice, but seriously non-uber Tara loot, and we are as doomed as doomed can be, and that aint no lie!

DON'T nerf the fixers! The fixers are fine, it's the GA that's the problem.

And speaking as an adventurer: MAs can easily be nerfed further down the flag pole, so ask not for whom the nerf bells toll, ere they toll for you.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Give MA's 4 more fists to fight with
    eewwww, 3 fists per arm? that would make all MA's serious mutated, and ugly

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Give MA's 4 more fists to fight with, .
    That would look SOOO cool if MAs actually sprouted 2 extra sets of arms (and therefore fists) to fight with in combat.

Wicked idea!

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Ummm does fixers needs to be in GA to be able to kill Melee MAs?

I really would love to bash man who started to spread rummors that GA= God Mode. I bet that he must have been somebody with slow weapon and no specials (heh like hammer) or another low lv fixer who got Mochamed+ Wrangled into GA3 when there was no reqs to wear GA.
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

For most intents and purposes GA does equal God mode

Originally posted by Makarov

I really would love to bash man who started to spread rummors that GA= God Mode. I bet that he must have been somebody with slow weapon and no specials (heh like hammer) or another low lv fixer who got Mochamed+ Wrangled into GA3 when there was no reqs to wear GA.
    I believe it has something to do with the whole GA+Manex+Grid Evac thing that does it for most people, because if your specials don't actually kill the fixer, then you know nothing else will hit him until it recycles, meanwhile he's banging away with a ql 200 Manex that does more dmg than a low yield thermo nuclear device, and even if you manage to bring him to his knees he'll just evac.

Very frustrating, but then again somewhat offset by the fact smurfs are automatically targeted with specials wherever they go, and when you get hit by 6 burst, fling and FA in 3 seconds there isn't much anyone can do.

And the Manex isn't fixer only, so pretty much anyone can use one, as has been stated elsewhere in the thread. Wonder if an MA could strap a ql 200 Manex on? Be an interesting experiment for one of those oh so frustrated MAs out there. Hopefully they will, sooner or later, accept their fate like the MPs Engies, Crats (anyone ever seen 2 Crats in the same room? Even in the same playfield?), Advs and Sols. It's not so bad really, and it can be quite a challenge too.

Btw, anyone ever notice how furious GA fixers get when someone criticizes GA, saying that they think it's the most over-uber item in the game, bar none, and the fixers claim that it's actually really crap, with low ACs, and they are actually in dire need of some more love?

Funny that, isn't it? You'd think something that costs 500 MILLION credits, and allows you to tank Ian Warr would be pretty good...
    Last edited by Revelator; Jan 7th, 2003 at 17:34:58.

No, I'm not back.

The manex is already nerfed.

I like to call my manex nerfer "Rapid Palsy" but some others call it "Uncontrollable Body Tremors."
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: For most intents and purposes GA does equal God mode

Originally posted by Revelator

Btw, anyone ever notice how furious GA fixers get when someone criticizes GA, saying that they think it's the most over-uber item in the game, bar none, and the fixers claim that it's actually really crap, with low ACs, and they are actually in dire need of some more love?

Funny that, isn't it? You'd think something that costs 500 MILLION credits, and allows you to tank Ian Warr would be pretty good...
    Actually I don't play a smurf. Blue is all wrong for my flesh tones and there's something about blitzing missions that makes me want to eat the pointy end of my arrows.

But I do like to read and I found a rather interesting breakdown of Fixer GA at AO-Fixer. What was interesting was they started listing the disadvantages of Grid Armor. You might want to read it Here. Helps to know your enemy.

As a Trader I've always found Fixers go down well slightly roasted, with a nice red wine
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Wink Hmm, red wine.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As a Trader I've always found Fixers go down well slightly roasted, with a nice red wine "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you be more specific? What kind? Cabernet, Tempranilllo or
    Chianti.
    Or does it depend on breed?
    I'd like to know what I should recomend to those traders I meet in battle .

(I'm Opifex.)
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Question GA too powerful!

Well....I too will add a few experiences against a fixer in GA. I was out defending our towers when a pack (6-8) blue smurfs run directly to our LC tower and began pounding away. Granted I am only a lvl 175 doc with a ql 200 Ithica, and full CAS armor but I could hardly even scratch any of these guys!

Next, I was in a group of 150+ at the Primus Camp and I see a smurf, soloing smae named mobs, my group of 6 was attacking. The fixer was the same level as me (175) and was standing toe-to-toe with a high lvl mob. I was watching his HP line hardly move as he worn down the guy. Come on! I know GA is rare, but not impossible to find or buy!

If you fixer types, think it isn't uber...then allow other classes similar AC advantages. I worked hard for my ql200 CAS, and it is paper thin compared to GA.

Don't nurf GA. Just offer similar items other classes can equip.

MA's just need more love
    take a number and get in line... i think Engineers have it worse than MAs.
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Re: GA too powerful!

Originally posted by Eye4get
    Well....I too will add a few experiences against a fixer in GA. I was out defending our towers when a pack (6-8) blue smurfs run directly to our LC tower and began pounding away. Granted I am only a lvl 175 doc with a ql 200 Ithica, and full CAS armor but I could hardly even scratch any of these guys!

Next, I was in a group of 150+ at the Primus Camp and I see a smurf, soloing smae named mobs, my group of 6 was attacking. The fixer was the same level as me (175) and was standing toe-to-toe with a high lvl mob. I was watching his HP line hardly move as he worn down the guy. Come on! I know GA is rare, but not impossible to find or buy!

If you fixer types, think it isn't uber...then allow other classes similar AC advantages. I worked hard for my ql200 CAS, and it is paper thin compared to GA.

Don't nurf GA. Just offer similar items other classes can equip.
    You're a doc, right? I'm guessing you weren't there alone fighting that battle, right?

6 smurfs all in one place is like an instant title for NTs (just add hot smurf nukes). And a doctor can beat a smurf most of the time, with the right tactics. Palsy, stack dots, use FDB. Shrug when they root you and run, or RD, when they get under 50%.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

hot damn, a ql200 ithaca!!! I WANT! er....

Re: Re: For most intents and purposes GA does equal God mode

Originally posted by Kuroshio

As a Trader I've always found Fixers go down well slightly roasted, with a nice red wine
    Personally I prefer mine barbequed while still in there pretty blue skin -- seals in the juices...
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Originally posted by Makarov

Just a small side note.

I have an MA. I tested him out against a fixer. with and without grid armor.

Wiothout grid armor, i OWNED him. badly. wasnt even a contest.

With GA, I hit him for a totl of 1327 points of dmg the entire match. And that was with dimach.

Dont Nerf GA or4 fixers though.

Love MA's
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast