Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Distribution in Asia-Pacific and query for Funcom marketing

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck
    EBgames.com is the best way to get anarchy online. You can also find some people on eBay selling Notum wars keys. Thats how i got my second copy. Cost 30 bucks which was cheaper then getting a copy shipped here.
    oh yes....EBGames took 6 weeks and about 2 hours of long distance call to tell me they are still verifying my address when my bank has faxed their bank the address verification more than 10 times. none of their shops in Pacific Northwest have AO or NW in stock(Vancouver Canada, Renton WA, Portland OR)

i got a friend from US to buy from Amazon.com and then resend it to me via UPS. even cheaper shipping. it'll arrive tomorrow.

about Asian market. HKken should've heard of a game called JinYong Online? they are distributed only in the asian market right now. guess how many total acc'ts they have? 1.4 million.

funcom? 75k maybe (if including all the ones who quit)

i think i wrote about this 5-6 months ago. funcom is an elite club. i doubt they know what the word business means.

"ooh, look! monthly fees. lets go get hammered at the local pub. who cares about the paying customers? we'll let the volunteers deal with them"
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

and btw, JY Online is a complete piece of crap. (slightly better than Lineage. Much worse than Ragnarok Online or even Crossgate 2.0)
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

jyonline has a cult following in singapore. prolly in taiwan, hongkong and malaysia as well. ive seen my cousin play as a "top character" and its all bout ganking and mindless Pking. the battle system aint too great as well.... so the fact that it has a high following surprises me.
    There is also a lame mmorpg called renewal. Its terrible, but quite alot of my school mates play it. It too is popular in Korea Taiwan and Hong Kong .
    So, honestly if a superior game like AO can somehow be marketed better, there will be quite a good amount of people playing. But heck, until then AO will sit in the bargain bin. -_- And i will never get my NW
    Truedream-RK 1 pistol advy

Originally posted by Rayfield...

oh yes....EBGames took 6 weeks and about 2 hours of long distance call to tell me they are still verifying my address when my bank has faxed their bank the address verification more than 10 times. none of their shops in Pacific Northwest have AO or NW in stock(Vancouver Canada, Renton WA, Portland OR)
    well duh anything done by banks takes for freaking ever to get done online. If you had have done the credit card payment you woulda had it within 36 hours. Unless for some reason the credit card billing address doesn't match the shipping address then you might have some concerns.

I live in Sweden and I have only seen one single store selling AO (about one year ago) . I asked around why stores do not have it, the majority of the shops didnt even know what it was.

It works fine to order from the net though, but the shops do not have the game.
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

Re: Distribution in Asia-Pacific and query for Funcom marketing

Originally posted by Inocybe
    However, as a customer, I remain highly concerned about getting future boosters and expansion packs.

Here's my query for Funcom marketing:
    It is obvious your main distribution efforts are for the North America and Europe markets but will you eventually look into the distribution for Asia-Pacific? If not, then will download options be made available after a suitable lead-time for shelf sales has passed?
    Thread has been sitting here for over 2 weeks and still no response. Guess they're not interested in customer concerns, huh?

And what does it matter anyway? This section is about to be removed with the coming board change.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12