Thread: MP wishlist: Nano's and Weapons.

MP wishlist: Nano's and Weapons.

There is now a year since Krompen was born. 20/1/2002.

Seen that there is a lot of wishlist about pet behavior changes, but i have a few others of my own.

1. Curse of Chronos:

Never really did understand what this buff was good for. I remember the time when I tried over and over again to get it, got it, just to find out that it is totaly useless.
    The only thing ive found out that this buff is useful for is to get rid of agro (sometimes) in team missions, nothing more.
    If you are in pvp you can use it for getting in 1 more hit at your 'enemy', and that hit must be with your hand weapon, and there is max 1 hit you can make in the time the Curse last, just to find out that you cant throw 2 nukes because you are recharging your nano skls.

What i want:
    If this nano is just ment to calm mobs for a wery short period of time, then plz make the time long enough so we can at least calm 3 mobs and still be able to run through the room. Or, calm an opponent for enough time to be able to change menu in the shortcut bar to choose another macro within the lasting time of the Chronos. In simple words, make it at least usefull for something.
    My suggestion:
    Make it with the same time stats as the Nuke nanos, and maybe it would last for 30 sec if not interrupted by med kits etc. Recharge time should also be the same time as with the Nuke nanos. Then we are able to use it as a weapon, and not just as a showoff who makes a cool cloud around the target.

2. Hand Weapons :

The MP is brought to the world with a shield, and later on he can create more advanced shields or staffs. These are all Melee weapons.
    The MP is what i would call some sort of a wizard, and i think that is allso the thoughts of the ppl who made the proffesion MP. All wizards in films allso use staffs, so the Weapon the MP can create is within the right line for beeing a wizard.
    My point with this babble is:
    -Take for example a MA who naturally is supposed to be using Melee weapons. He go the skls that is naturally for him to use green so it will be natural for him to chose what weapon class to use.
    -We, the MP, was as earlier said 'given' a melee weapon from day of birth, but if you look at our weapon skl i cant find no color on the melee skls that tells me this is something i should raise !!!!
    I dont, but the 'regular' MP today lvl 150+ uses what i call Machine guns. Reason, they do lot of dmg, doesnt inflict to much with the nano skl raising implants, do ok dmg, and they dont give you that bad either.

My suggestion, and what i want:
    Make our melee skls at least dark green so we can more easily equip these items, and get higher AR.
    We should also have some melee buffs. Not like if were a MA (since a wizard is not really a class who is supposed to be do that much fighting), but some, so we at least can have a litle of the advatges as the other proffesions have.

Just imagine if Gandalf showed up on Rubi-ka. Do you really think he would come with a ql 200 Machine gun ? I dont think so, but that is how i see a lot of my fellow 'wizards' equipped nowadays (no offense to you who are using 'machine guns', its funcom who made it to be more natural for us to use those weapons, and it is up to us to tell them what we think about how things are).

That was all
    -----------------------
    HM Krompen
    Forsaken
    -----------------------
    200 MP, Atlantean

Curse was never ment as a calm, its a short duration emergancy stun.

The only problem i have with curse is its recharge (i know it cant be short or we would see the chain casting problem.. again)

What i personally would like to see, is a 1 second recharge on curse, and have it lock itself on a tradeskill like Nullity Sphere does, letting me nuke/evoke/ do whatever, and also prevents chain stunning (could be useful for providing a mp with a chance to land NSD in relative safety, while the opponent is stunned)

[edit]
    Gandalf would be a Nano Tech, do you really think such a master of the magical arts would be seen with floating meatballs of doom?? running around like a chicken while trying to "evoke his meatballs of doom".

And besides, in Lotr-Fotr, He uses Nullity sphere on that bridge thing

[edit2]
    Theres no way in hell curse can last 30 seconds, if this cange was implimented, and curse changed to a calm, there goes our last defensive nano of use in pvp, which would result in a very angry me, more troll like then ever.
    Last edited by Alpherah!; Jan 6th, 2003 at 21:53:05.

Just imagine if Gandalf showed up on Rubi-ka. Do you really think he would come with a ql 200 Machine gun ?
    I sure as heck think Mr. Gandalf would pick one up ASAP. You gotta remember that this is the year twenty nine thousand seven hundred and something, not the year 419. I suppose you'd expect him to wear velvet pants and a silk shirt as well instead of something more comfortable, durable, and fashionable. Maybe a crow to sit on his shoulder. Hmm ... I think crows went extinct a couple millenia ago.

I ain't no EQ-reject 'wizard'. And if I was, I'd sure as heck adapt to modern civilization as soon as possible. I'm a metaphysicist. I swing a piece of the queen mantis' leg. I got bionic implants, wear stylish armor, got a robomatic tank thingy on my back, and dance Pulp Fiction style. The day, I see some character in this game with a stick and a pointy hat is the day I cancel. End of story.

lol Bio, ok then.. how about a metaphysically created machiene gun, modeled like a staff?

How about some kind of laser beam thingy like a light sabre that cuts off the enemy's head? Ever see the guy's head fall off in that Resident Evil movie?

If you want to shove us into one of the tired 'classical fantasy roles', we're more of the Holy Warrior than anything else out there. That means Paladin or Cleric. (Ugh! I almost want to vomit even uttering those words). So to prolong the stereotypes and archetypes, we'd either be wielding big clubs or flaming swords.

I'd manifest one of them sharks that have been banned from the Athen waterways and mount it to his head to send into tower battles.

Honestly, nukes ain't the way to go for the MP. I hope they never improve the nuke line mainly for the reasons that someone else listed: there's other guys who can nuke and do it better.

What I want to be able to do is look at you from a distance between my thumb and forefinger and crush your little head. Crrruuush your little head! Now, that's metaphysical. Not typing on some invisible keyboard and having a bolt of lightning shoot out of my pants. Remember Uncle Pumpkinhead? He did some metaphysical hoo ha when them little blue and orange balls appeared in his hand and he threw them at you and fried your brain. I want to be able to seep into the ground and flow with the notum where I can't be seen or followed.

I want to be able to pump my anger up so much that just before the veins on my forhead burst, instead of a ball of hate popping out of my butt, claws shoot out from my fingers and my eyes turn red. My weapon ignites and there's some funky echooing laughter that permeates my vicinity.

I want to scream at you at the top of my lungs and cause your skin to first itch and crawl and then catch on fire and crisp. Not with some keyboard, but through my metaphysical abilities and my connection to the very notum that surrounds you.

I'm a metaphysicist in the 30th century. I'm not Mickey Mouse and I have no desire to make a broom carry my buckets of water for me.

Originally posted by Bionitrous

What I want to be able to do is look at you from a distance between my thumb and forefinger and crush your little head. Crrruuush your little head!
    Your quite sadistic at times you know that? lol

Dont wanna start to argue here, but I think you did understand what i ment Bio :
    I know this is a SciFi game, and i allso know that a Gun would fit more in than a wand do, if you think about what year this game is based on.
    But my point is:
    When FC makes us able to create melee weapons, why dont allow us to buff those weapon skls too, and/or make them green for us to rause.
    If they wanted us to create guns, then i think there would have been a range of nanos called " Creation : Laser Gatling ....." etc etc.

I just want us to have some "green" weapon skls too, and not just mean blue ones.
    -----------------------
    HM Krompen
    Forsaken
    -----------------------
    200 MP, Atlantean

well, adv does have some green weapon skills.. and few dark blue nano skills.. i suppose we could have a non dark blue weapon skill.. but please not melee, melee is teh sux.. range is everything, range keeps my gimpy meta-ass alive.

No problem Krompen. I just gotta correct ya on one thing. Look at the requirements for the Azure Cobra of Orma, for example:

http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=154902

Requirements

2hBlunt >= 680
    SpaceTime >= 1030

Atk. Skills:

SpaceTime: 80%
    2hBlunt: 20%

680 in 2HB is pretty much a snap to achieve without even sneezing. I've still got mine maxed after switching to 2HE and it's like 572 or something. I could get 680 with just the clusters in the two arms. Now look at the attack rating. Let's say ya got around a 1000 in T&S after you let Odin's drop. Your attack rating would be:

800+136=936 pretty damn respectable, no?

Let's assume I go back to my triple implanted 2HB using my 572 as a base and add the expertise. 572+20+210 = 802 2HB. That'll bump my ATK to:

800+160=960 again, nothing to sneaze at. You'll hit probably more than you miss. (I sure wish they'd base the ATK solely off T&S but keep the 2HB as an IP-sink just for equipping)

What's the problem? Well, I agree the sticks and shields and staffs all look pretty cool and are sorta fitting with the image. It's just ... they Suck! These mystical creations that we createf from our own flesh utilizing the notum in the atmosphere and infused with all the venom, vitriol, and pestilence we can muster such that manifesting one leaves us basically lifeless can't do squat to harm the enemy.

Riddle me this: why would I want to wield the above listed weapon and do x damage every swing when I can wield a Queen Blade and do x times 20 damage every other swing and still feel true to my personal 'image' of the MP? To suck? That's a valid answer. If I wanted to suck, I could use a Creation weapon.

To make a long story short, our Creation weapons do use a 'green' skill. It's Time and Space.

You know, such a weapon, with recharge lowered by maybe 3 seconds, wouldnt be so bad..

I do totally agree with you Bio. Using 2 ql 200 Parry staffs myselves.

But i just wanted to make a wish list for things i would like changed
    -----------------------
    HM Krompen
    Forsaken
    -----------------------
    200 MP, Atlantean

Parry Staffs, eh? Refugee Friar from DAoC? j/k =P

I get what you mean about having to use two pieces of wood whittled from some tree as definately being out of character both for your profession and the game in general.

Let's try this:

My weapon, my skills, with FoB going:

http://64.106.154.149/calc.asp?MinDa...on=Queen+Blade

My old weapon, my old skills, with FoB going:

http://64.106.154.149/calc.asp?MinDa...+Cobra+of+Orma

The only variables are the 40% chance of poisoning with a hefty DoT and the value of the added nano and reduced nano cost.

If we shaved about 4 seconds off the recharge on that thing, It might be better than crap. You'd hit 6 times in 30 seconds and average two injections of poison for 8*227=1816 damage that may not be halved in PvP depending on how Stun nanos work.

Nah, still crap. 8 seconds off recharge may make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Jan 6th, 2003 at 23:22:57.

Give me 20 mins and ill post some potential numbers for some stuff about some things O.o

Hmm OK bit of a mish mash here already.

Krompen there are already quite a lot of wishlist entries for other things apart from pet stuff. You might want to check out the list (it's rooted at the top of the forum).

The wishlist request has two parts:

1) Curse of Chronos Change:

Krompen: You need to understand some of the history of Stuns. The stun was brought in as a defensive nano. It was given to MPs, NTs and Crats for example and what the nano does is stop the other person from moving or attacking for a short period of time. The idea is that when a mob is clobbering you too fast, you can put in a stun for 5 seconds to give you the time to get a heal from your heal pet or doc or whoever or run like a baby. It's an emergency defensive nano basically.

It can also be useful for reducing the damage being done to a tank who is holding aggro. By stunning the opponent attacking your tank, you stop it doing damage for part of the time which helps the tank stay alive. It's not particularly good as a way of losing aggro in PvM because it carries a huge taunt which will get the mob even more mad at you.... so you need to be a little bit careful when you use it.

Unfortunately, when they first brought it in it had a very short recharge time - so you could cast it again almost as soon as the effect wore off. This meant that MPs could stand there chain casting it - immobilising their target and stopping it from hitting - while their attack pet took its time and killed the target.... it was very unpopular in PvP. As a result, FC lengthened the recharge to 10 seconds so that the other player could hit for at least half the time while it was recharging.

I personally really like Poison's idea to make the nano lock a skill for 10 seconds in order to prevent chain casting the nano - while leaving our other nanocasting in one piece. I've based a suggestion below on the Nullity Sphere restrctions.

It might look something like:

Curse of Chronos
    • QL 169
      NCU 52
      Nanocost 328
      School combat, strain 147
      Duration 5secs
      Attack time 2.35 s
      Recharge time 2.35 s
      Range 15 m

Defense skills
      nano resist 130

Attack skills
      time and space 52
      sensory imp 48

Requirements
      To Use sensory imp >= 723
      time and space >= 795
      Quantum Physics >= 1
      visual profession == meta-physicist

Effects
      On Use restrict target action combat, movement
      cast self Curse of Chronos Time and Space Distortion ( does -2000 Quantum Physics duration 10 seconds)
      taunt target 5663

2) Green/Dark Green melee weapons skills:

I'd like first of all to point you at a previous wishlist thread on this. Here's my opinion from that thread:
    I worry about choosing light coloured melee weapons skills for the MP. You and I both know that the nanomage MP is perfectly capable of taking a beating if he's built right - but we can also both agree that it has its disadvantages too and that our playstyle desires are somewhat unorthodox - in that we like to look death in the eye and try to beat it.

If we did get a light blue or green melee weapons skill, you can be certain that it would swiftly be followed by calls for better evades, better HP, better heal pets, available weapons buffs etc etc etc...

This is the biggest problem, I fear, with improving our weapons skills - at some basic level it would change the very nature of our profession and then be followed by more and more changes in that direction.
    Just throwing stuff into the pot.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Just as a quick aside Krompen, I chose the MA path as a secondary damage skill and they are the cheapest weapons skills we have as MPs. I also use the parry sticks and since recently have added the MA Pow Bow to my arsenal too and part of the reason I chose this route was because it seems to fit with the MP. I wouldn't want us having green melee skills though.

There are a few wishlist entries to do with new creation weapons... but I'd certainly like to see a discussion about possible new creation weapons that are designed to do damage instead of buffing. As Bio points out, the creations already do use a green skill in their attack rating, so in theory they could be quite useful.

X

I have to admit to the things who have been said over, and since this was my first (what i thought was a good) thread i have learned a few things i did wrong for sure when i posted it

Ill do better next time

Night Guys.
    -----------------------
    HM Krompen
    Forsaken
    -----------------------
    200 MP, Atlantean

ok no that weapon really does suck... With a QL140 FoB, implanted and maxed melee init the recharge time is still 6.98 seconds.. waayyy too slow, that weapon should be at near 1/1 speeds with FoB running for it to be even partially useful.. tho i must admit, i would like to see 1193 attack rating..

@Krompen - Nothing wrong with your post, my friend. Any post that sparks a discussion is a good one.

@Poison - I told ya it sucks. Sucks terribly. It's real bad. Lucky if you get one hit on a mob in a mission.

That's about where I stand with my FoB. I think it's a 139 or whatever the first qlvl is that increases the duration to 27 seconds and the crit % to 17. I forgot to plug the 17% added crit from FoB into my links above but did include the init buff.

The only thing that scares me about any revamp or fleshing out of the Creation weapons is that we're putting ourselves in the designer's hands. Unless we get a proper looking at like the Enforcers did regarding their weapon skill buffs, we may all end up being clones with the same damn weapon. They need to provide 1 hand melee, 2 hand melee, blunt, bladed, fast ranged, slow ranged, base damage heavy, proc heavy, the whole gamut in order to keep the MP's as diverse as they are now. Look at most any soldier above 175 these days. That's what I want to avoid. It's disgusting. Give it two months and every one of them will have that jimmy neutron gun in their hands.

They have the hooks to work with the creation weapons. I've used them in the past. You make 'em. Your life goes to 1HP. They time out. They work. As noted, the only problem is they suck. We're talking about 12 or 15 items added to a database in order for them not to suck anymore. What's the big deal?
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Jan 6th, 2003 at 23:56:05.

Krompen,

Nothing wrong in saying things over. It's better that we catch a new idea than lose it. I've been waiting for somebody to start a curse of Chronos wishlist for a while now - so I have to thank you for that!

The only reason I pointed at the green weapons skills thread was that it could be used as a starting point for this discussion.

If I gave you the feeling that you shouldn't have posted then it wasn't at all what I intended to do. Keep posting stuff like this. It's the only way we get to have these sorts of discussions.

X

Ben je trouwens toevallig nederlander?

OK, wrapping the Curse of Chronos element of this thread up by adding the following proposal to the wishlist:

Change of Curse of Chronos: Short recharge and Skill Lock
    =======================================

The MP community fully understands that the chain-casting of stun nanos should not be allowed. Nevertheless, much of the MP's ability to attack and defend himself can only be done by casting nanos in combat. Several of these nanos have long attack time and long recharge times, such as the debuffs, animas and evocations. At present, in particular in PvP, the MP is struggling a great deal as a result of spending a great deal of their time in battle either in the middle of long attack time casting, very long recharge time or difficult retargetting exercises to target the attack pet for animas/evocations.

We'd like to propose a change to the Curse of Chronos nano that dramatically reduces its recharge time thus making it a more balanced defensive tool. At the same time, in order to prevent the overly powerful chain casting of the nano, we'd like to propose a skill lock that prevents usage of Curse of Chronos more than once every ten seconds (somewhat similar to the skill lock on Nullity Sphere).

Proposed Nano:

Curse of Chronos
    • QL 169
      NCU 52
      Nanocost 328
      School combat, strain 147
      Duration 5secs
      Attack time 2.35 s
      Recharge time 2.35 s
      Range 15 m

Defense skills
      nano resist 130

Attack skills
      time and space 52
      sensory imp 48

Requirements
      To Use sensory imp >= 723
      time and space >= 795
      Quantum Physics >= 1
      visual profession == meta-physicist

Effects
      On Use restrict target action combat, movement
      cast self Curse of Chronos Time and Space Distortion ( does -2000 Quantum Physics duration 10 seconds)
      taunt target 5663

This proposal was designed in the MP Wishlist: Nanos and Weapons Thread. For more information about how the design was reached please reference that thread. To propose changes/additions to this design - please post to that thread.