Thread: Ti Grid and Mission Terms MOVED AGAIN

Thumbs down Ti Grid and Mission Terms MOVED AGAIN

I just checked out Test live and saw exactly how much had changed.
    Once again the Mission Terms and Grid have been moved.
    AS soon as we get used to one area as a meeting place.. it gets changed again.
    This is no excuse. Yes of course we expect some lag when there are a few people in one area, but South Gate Tir has been fine after the last Tweak fo the LD/Lag issues there. Clanners just got used to it again.
    Once again were needing to find a suitable place to meet,hang out, and form teams.
    Please FC...Look for another solution
    Possibly do something like Camalot with Mission Terms on either side of the Gate to spread the people out. Possibly move the Athens grid to town center where others can effectively meet.
    If anything leave it alone and solve the in mission rubberbanding and lag issues FIRST.
    Comprehension : The knowledge that is acquired by the act of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.

Katelin "Fleat" Tapanes-Musashi 216/16 ADV - Retired President of Coven of Hunters

Tastless 200+ NT
    Wilkes 208 Crat
    Fleaa 90 MA
    Squiggele 60 GA1 Fixer
    Denial 145Keeper
    Langsam 151 Doc

I have to totally disagree with this post...

I play on a 64K ISDN dialup, and I have to exit tir via west gate, and run/fly round to the grid. Otherwise I risk going LD cos the 50+ people hanging around just outside...

Perhaps building a small outpost say.. on the eastern wall outside of Tir? that would work..... actually that would be much nicer =)

You can't complain about having to move a little bit to use the grid, surely? First everyone moans that there's nothing else to do than "get mission, grid to BS" heh, and now you moan that you actually have to get off ur butt to move =P (small I know, but whatever =)

Point is, so what if you have to shift ur bum a little to use the grid terminal, or get missions from the booth... if it means people like me can use the south gate again without LD'ing for 10 minutes, then great!
    Stroke me, you know you want to.

The Grid being moved a bit is not bad, its the fact there is no mission terms near by, you will zone from inside tir, to outside Tir, then Zone into grid. But this will make it harder for Noobs to find.

Moving the banks to inside stores seems ok, will take a little to get used to, but just fine.

Alot of people have problems Zoning in the most Ideal conditions. After the last patch, I personally have had 0 problems with LD (Except during Tarasque raids).

What I am suggesting is creating more 'Meeting places' inside and outside Tir.
    We all tend to seperate ourselves into groups, depending on level , so more ( Not just moving again) would likely be a good solution.
    For Example: Fair Trade : 2-40
    : Athens Center+West Gate ( If it existed so ) 30-90
    : South Gate Tir ( Inside and out) 80-199.
    So not removing, but adding Areas like this would be better

Making the outside post as you suggested is also a good Idea.. Place it at the outside SW Corner of Tir, at the tree line. Put a nice tent and seats like in the backyard, Mission Terms right at the Corner of the Tir Walls...
    Keep the Grid Terminal and Insurance near the Gates in this case).

This would also let the noobs venture out the gates , and have no Lag problems in the immediate area. They can hunt without having problems with seroius lag immeidatly outside the Gate.

The point is, what FC is suggesting here, is not a good solution.
    GO look on the test serve and see for yourself.
    Last edited by Fleat; Jan 13th, 2003 at 11:09:52.
    Comprehension : The knowledge that is acquired by the act of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.

Katelin "Fleat" Tapanes-Musashi 216/16 ADV - Retired President of Coven of Hunters

Tastless 200+ NT
    Wilkes 208 Crat
    Fleaa 90 MA
    Squiggele 60 GA1 Fixer
    Denial 145Keeper
    Langsam 151 Doc

Move it back to where it was!

Hey ..

Well, I left the game may last year, but I got back about a week ago or so. I was shocked when I came to Tir. The place was reduced to a ghost town! .. Before my sudden "vacation", there were lots of people around in Tir, and a lot of it was because the grid was outside the happy rebel. Now, Tir is a desolate place except for the spot outside Fair Trade. Noone hardly ever visits the rebel either ..

I know people used to whine about the lag and all, but I think having people in Tir was worth it. I say move the grid back to where it was ..

Besides, it's Tir. It's a city. Having a grid there is logical. Having people there should be logical as well, and for the lag .. Well, one of the first things that happened to me after my return was ending up in a series of crashes after making my first attempt to exit Tir through the south gate. Not much change there anyway.

That's my rant for now ..

Better yet, why not just have several outposts spread around for each of the three sides with obvious names.

One outside tir for 1-50, one outside west athens for 51-100, one outside wartorn for 101-150, and one outside camelot for 151+..

Call them grouping outposts or something and if you lower the mission sizes on missions outside BS ppl might even take them for a different zone if they have a good fixer along.

John

I suggested an idea here that I thought might fix some of the problems. Of course I doubt FC reads much of this forum anyway...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=82711