Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is tanking possible after lvl 100 ?

Is tanking possible after lvl 100 ?

Well it seems that I cannot tank anymore for my group.
    Sad but true.
    Unless we take mobs that are only slightly red, no doc seems to be able to heal me in a reliable way.

What is your experience at 100+ ? Do the docs I group with sux ?

Typically tanking is now : I pull, Soldier takes aggro with MK shield or bot goes in right after. I sometimes have to tank then at the end of combat.

Mmmmhhh... should be a fixer for pulling I guess.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Still able to tank later. I think at lvl100 I had the same feeling but you are the only real tank-class in game. Nobody wants to wait for the Soldiers nano-shutdown to wear out after every fight. Even Real Means / Ace Enforcer mobs are possible with 1 Doc and 1 MA. Lvl 136 btw right now.

i can't speak to the 100+ game, but i can say that at lvl 16 i was kicking butt and not even bothering to take names.

Yup

I almost retired my enforcer around lvl 100 for much of the same reasons.

But now at lvl 130, people want me to group, solely for my tanking ability. Noone takes aggro, but me, I pull, and tank. I have more HP than anyone I team with, Much of my armor is ql 190+, a couple pieces lvl 200, Evades decent. I would have to say that I dont know if your docs suck or not. More that you are at one of those down stages is all. Believe me, it comes back, in spades.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

Cool

Originally posted by Bierbauch
    Still able to tank later. I think at lvl100 I had the same feeling but you are the only real tank-class in game. Nobody wants to wait for the Soldiers nano-shutdown to wear out after every fight. Even Real Means / Ace Enforcer mobs are possible with 1 Doc and 1 MA. Lvl 136 btw right now.
    Agreed. You have to have a D@MN GOOD DOC though. Not the kind of Doc that lets you get to half health before they start to heal you, but the kind that is not happy unless you are at 75% or higher. Also, It depends on what you are hunting Gummizluv. At lvl 100ish, I could not tank a Borg in Mort. (unless I had an outstanding Doc) But I could tank Toughs in missions.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Hmm depends on how good ur ac is...Ive never had much trouble keeping up with the damage for me tanks (woot woot Dnasty, aldo muce ) Perhaps ur doctors are not at their peak performance. A +100 doc should be able to keep up with the damage...i remeber a time me and dnasty were like lvl 120 ish and fought our way through a mission with aces! LOL I could keep up with the damage but it took ten years for dnasty to kill one of those bad boys hehe. Oh well I think its ur choice of doctors....not insulting them of course.

swick out
    -If u have fun its a good day...erm um night, oh whatever u know what I mean!

-Any moron with a pack of matches can start a fire. Raining down sulfur takes a huge level of endurance. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.- Dogma

-It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you. - Rounders

-Swicky is trying having fun -

-Master Rock Collector-

-Proud Member of Ecodisaster-

Yup, I remember that swick, 200 mission and I was 112 you were 120.

It was for a beam if I am not mistaken, but it got so late that we just crashed. Damn one guy takes FOREVER to kill an ace.

Tanking after 100 is VERY possible, need a good doc, and you need to know how to keep agro (NT's are a pain to keep mobs off of at level 140ish).
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    Damn one guy takes FOREVER to kill an ace.
    Yaz, I was in one mission with a full group of all lvl 100-130ish ppl (I was the only 130ish) and we ran into an Ace Doctor. After 15 solid minutes of trying to kill it, my Doc finally slipped up and let me die. The whole group died soon after. (except for one that made it to the door) The lowest we ever got it was 1/4 health and then it would heal up to 1/2-3/4 health and even after 15 full minutes, we could not get him to run out of nano. He was the second to last mob in the mission and I lost 1.4mil xp if I remember correctly.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Well I can pretty much tank "small" Borgs like Majors with a doc and a healing pet. Colonels require to share aggro and much running in circles.

The best group I had to solo borgs was with an Engie with a warbot, a MP and 2 NT. The pets were pretty much doing the tanking and the NT were able to calm all the possible adds or the mob we were fighting to reset its aggro.

Obviously I don't hope to tank lvl 180 mobs. But still I wasn't able to group with a doc that would be able to keep up solid healing for 20 sec of fighting. And 20 sec can be very long.

Right now my AC is around 2800. Not at its peak but I think ok for my level. I should improve a bit further my dodges, I still have some IPs to do that.

Well I believe that, just before hitting 100 I am at a stage where our profession is not optimal. Hope it will get better soon.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

tank

yes, as was maentioned earlier, there is a down period at lvl 100-120 ish. But after you have upgraded some, and the levels come MUCH slower, you got time to work on the tactic and equipement.
    I'm 149 now, and can solo qlvl 180 missions. Of course I have to zone once in a while, but still very doable. (Xp reward is at 450 k +) on my missions:-)
    As we use to to it... let the soldier start off, pull the Ace or whatever, then after MK is about done... the Enf takes over agro with mongo smash. Works wonders:-)

lvl116 and tanking everything alltho Real Mean Enforcer types hit so hard i get visions of Reclaim if i dont go "shelves" sometimes. But with the lack of docs when i want to group it rarely are me tanking.. always some pet.

Borgs: They have melee and weapon damage. Soldiers are perfect tanks for Borgs. Since they can stay away from melee range.

Anyway... I just got a mission last night so i could get the 100k missing Exp i needed for 115.. it was in 2ho. So i buff up at Omni E. and go the grid way.. right about now i have played 4 hours without any relog or anything so i lag alot in ppl areas. I go into the 2ho grid.. (yes i know, but i rarely get camped) When the gfx starts to load on my screen i see alot of red msg's running on my screen. But its to late..... The clan camper is already death MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

and i didnt even get to use my brawl or dimach Guess Beam wielders also dont raise Duck-Exp

BrutalThug - M.O.T.H.E.R

There is a big difference in doc quality.

I was able to tank a bully in a 152 mission with a very good doc in their 90s. The diference was the doc could hit me with big heals at a tremendous rate.

Cyborgs are tougher to tank than NPC's in missions.

But as I said before, Enforcers are by no means the best tank class. Soldiers rule the day.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jan 28th, 2002 at 14:25:41.

Huhu,

Originally posted by Yazule
    Yup, I remember that swick, 200 mission and I was 112 you were 120.

It was for a beam if I am not mistaken, but it got so late that we just crashed. Damn one guy takes FOREVER to kill an ace.

Tanking after 100 is VERY possible, need a good doc, and you need to know how to keep agro (NT's are a pain to keep mobs off of at level 140ish).
    Bah, don't use the Beam . Be an Enforcer and use the Hammer !

-Tibs
    :: Tibanna ::

Proud member of EcoDisaster
    »Tibanna - 173 Nt | »EcoDisaster

1) solja is best for starting tanking. We have healing (mongo) and massive hp (shield, mongo, essence) so when the sheild runs out then best for the forcer to tank. Passing agro is the best way to do things in the right group.

Yes, borg's are much tougher than npc's in missions, but if you got a good doc forcers are great tanks.

2) Yes ace docs are a pain. Masters are worse because they cast complete heal. I killed one with just me and a doc and it took about 25 min. He didnt run out of nano either, I just go a nice crit when he was low. On the bright side he was worth 250k exp (and I was in a team). hehehehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I've teamed with an awesome soldier for a few hunts and I have to say that passing aggro is wonderful. The soldier was great at tanking, a few levels above me, similar HP and more AC.
    She would pull, do shield, we'd all start bashing. When shield ran out and she hit about 60% health I'd mongo and direct taunt the thing. Since we were putting out about the same damage it pulled fairly easily.
    I'd hold it through a mongo or two and as long as the doc could keep me above 50% health. When I hit 50% I'd drop aggro bar to 50% and so the doc could catch up on healing and the soldier could catch up on damage to win aggro back. By then she had shield back and would use that. While aggro was pulled I'd do the "doc squat" to get nano back, and would slowly up agg bar to 100% again so I didn't steal aggro until I wanted to.
    Mongo again, pull to me, rinse repeat.

We did have an MA who would heal the person that just lost aggro so that the doc could always stay focused on the mob's primary target, and we would be full by the time we wanted aggro back.

I personally think that being able to control the aggro is more important than always having it on you. Even if there is an engie whose bot is tanking, if things go bad and the bot dies, those mobs will go after the engie. Saving the engie while they activate a new shell, pulling aggro from the NT or Doc, trading off aggro with another enf or sol. I'd rather that than always be tank.

-Ox

Did a 157 mission last night when I was 78 or so. I was the lowest in the team, our group was a 85ish enf, 87 trader, 83 agent, 101 soldier, 85 Agent, and me. No, we had no doc. Soldier tried to tank, but myself and the other enf kept pulling aggro off with our hammers. Generally, the soldier would pull, Mirror shield, then when it ran out, one enf would take it, then the other enf would take it when the 1st was down to 40%. Trade back and forth if needed, but that only happened once when we had a enforcer mob add :-/.

I haven't fought aces yet, but tanking a 157 mission at L78 made me feel pretty good. I think it's a matter of having a really god doc and craploads of firepower in your team.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I'd do the "doc squat" to get nano back
    is that what u kids call it these days...i think im getting old.

swick out
    -If u have fun its a good day...erm um night, oh whatever u know what I mean!

-Any moron with a pack of matches can start a fire. Raining down sulfur takes a huge level of endurance. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.- Dogma

-It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you. - Rounders

-Swicky is trying having fun -

-Master Rock Collector-

-Proud Member of Ecodisaster-

Tanking

No problem.. I'm a 114 enforcer running level 190 missions ..

With just me and my trusty doc we can run 160's.

at lvl 2 i could solo 100% missions. i don't see why it would not be the same at lvl 102.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast