Thread: New mission booths ?

Post New mission booths ?

A lot of discussion lately concerning distance sliders for the mission booths. Probably not a bad idea, but here's just another thing people seem to be overlooking..

Funcom seems to be working against players trying to get more than 1 mission in the same area. You can go to a mission booth, get 5 mission alternatives, all in Stret East Bank, pick 1 of them, request a new mission and now all alternatives are in Varmint Woods and Greater Tir County.

If the mission system is not to be completely redesigned but only altered, I think that the mission booths should actually check for what missions you already have, and have a minimum of 1 or 2 of the choices it gives you be in the same area.
    Who wants to pick one mission in Newland Desert and one in Clon**** in one go? If you're doing a mission in Newland first you're probably going back to grid afterwards anyway.

HoWeVeR, when it comes to the bigger missions issues that people are fighting over today, and trying to be a bit constructive and not giving flames in every direction, here is my simple vision of how a "new mission booth" could work:

Let's say you go to a mission booth in Newland. When you request a mission you get around 6 choices, mission types based on your slider settings. Most of the missions are in that part of the world, in this case mainly Newland Desert and Varmint Woods, maybe 1 or 2 to other nearby places. The first in the list is quite close to you and then they get further away up to the 6th which is far away, but still usually in the same area (ie. 3700x2500 in Newland Desert which is far from the city).
    These missions should have the same good reward as when before when you got these missions from say Tir. I don't think doing 1 jump with the wompah should be considered as a challenge of travelling far that qualifies for a 5k higher reward. Still, the missions at the far ends of the Desert should of course have a higher reward than those located right outside the city.

Now in addition to this, you have a slider that says distance. By default it is at the basic setting which is the lowest. Now, pushing this slider up does not now give you missions in Tir County or The Longest Road, as you should really go to Tir or Athen to get missions to those places. Instead, by increasing the distance slider to the max. you get to the _other places_ that are not really within walkable distance, the places that you have to grid to, places that belong to the other side, like 4 Holes and Clon****, etc. These missions should of course give an even higher reward.

I think this would solve all the problems for :

1) level 5 newbies who want to familiarize themselves with one basic city at a time and not get missions to Andromeda and Stret East Bank like they do today ,

2) any players who only have an hour after work and would like to do a mission very close to the city, even if it means lower mission reward,

3) players who want increased reward and can take the challenge of travelling far through areas of hostile reds, but still don't have the complit or simply don't want to go to places of 25% etc, and finally

4) players who feel ready for the maximum challenge.

Last but not least, mission difficulty should of course also have a good influence on the mission reward.

i dont think this would be too fair...players with planes would be able to get to these missions while players without wouldnt...so people who are already rich would just get even richer

KlngArthur>> i dont think this would be too fair...players with planes would be able to get to these missions while players without wouldnt...so people who are already rich would just get even richer

- That's the way it already works, this is just improvements.