Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: BUMP for new complete IPR

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    Decranium armor's drop rate got nerfed because too many people were using it.
    No, it didn't get nerfed because too many people were using it. The initial spawn was about 5 minutes. That meant that at the current drop rate you could end up with a full suit in 1-2 hours. Compare that with the amount of time it takes to assemble a full suit of inferior mission reward armor (including rolling, getting, and blitzing each mission). Do you consider the change fair?

All 3 of my characters have a full set gotten after the supposive nerf. I've spent a total of 3 days in SD getting the armor. If you want to see how easy it is still to a full set of MK armor, compare that to the amount of time it takes to assemble an (inferior to MK II) set of dragon armor.

Please point me to an official post (one made by Funcom, not a player) stating overuse as the real reason for MK drop rate change.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

Originally posted by Loretta

No, it didn't get nerfed because too many people were using it. The initial spawn was about 5 minutes. That meant that at the current drop rate you could end up with a full suit in 1-2 hours. Compare that with the amount of time it takes to assemble a full suit of inferior mission reward armor (including rolling, getting, and blitzing each mission). Do you consider the change fair?

All 3 of my characters have a full set gotten after the supposive nerf. I've spent a total of 3 days in SD getting the armor. If you want to see how easy it is still to a full set of MK armor, compare that to the amount of time it takes to assemble an (inferior to MK II) set of dragon armor.

Please point me to an official post (one made by Funcom, not a player) stating overuse as the real reason for MK drop rate change.
    Okay, this is getting tiresome. How about you point me to an official post saying it wasn't nerfed because everyone was getting a suit?

Your argument stops just short of saying that openly. "The initial spawn was about 5 minutes. That meant that at the current drop rate you could end up with a full suit in 1-2 hours.". And that's exactly what people were doing. And you honestly think it was changed because it wasn't fair in comparison to mission blitzing an armor suit?

How about we take that last step? The armor wasn't supposed to have such wide distribution and was nerfed. Why? Because if it takes people longer to aquire a less powerful item for balance purposes, what happens when people can aquire a more powerful item in less time?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Okay, this is getting tiresome. How about you point me to an official post saying it wasn't nerfed because everyone was getting a suit?

Your argument stops just short of saying that openly. "The initial spawn was about 5 minutes. That meant that at the current drop rate you could end up with a full suit in 1-2 hours.".
    Kushiro, I'll say again that I'm on your side in this whole debate, but ... can you point to an official post saying that it was nerfed because everyone was getting a suit?

It could well be that the spawn was nerfed just because stuff spawning that fast in a small area like that was more xp than Funcom really wanted to hand out, and increasing how much time it took to get a full set was just a side-effect. Perhaps it was one that they were happy for, but a side-effect nonetheless. Certainly other changes happen in this game where they are trying to address one situation but then there are unintended additional consquences.

And yes, though Corona is very nice armour, it wasn't necessarily unbalancingly so compared to other high QL armours that existed at the time. All the Mk II clones running around were not necessarily all that uber compared those in other armours.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

i think this is a great idea, i dont understand what the problem would be with a FULL IPR reset every week of played.

It would add replay value to your class, being able to switch weapons whenever you want and things like that.
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage
    [Enforcer] - [Atrox] - [Rubi-Ka 1]

Rage - Is it in you?
    So excited that i kicked my mom RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Achiever 73% - Killer 66% - Socializer 46% - Explorer 13%

Originally posted by Bima
    Kushiro, I'll say again that I'm on your side in this whole debate, but ... can you point to an official post saying that it was nerfed because everyone was getting a suit?

It could well be that the spawn was nerfed just because stuff spawning that fast in a small area like that was more xp than Funcom really wanted to hand out, and increasing how much time it took to get a full set was just a side-effect. Perhaps it was one that they were happy for, but a side-effect nonetheless. Certainly other changes happen in this game where they are trying to address one situation but then there are unintended additional consquences.

And yes, though Corona is very nice armour, it wasn't necessarily unbalancingly so compared to other high QL armours that existed at the time. All the Mk II clones running around were not necessarily all that uber compared those in other armours.
    Bima, I'd consider that a valid counter except for 2 things:
    [list=1][*]Loretta pointing out herself how quickly people were collecting full suits of armor. Not the XP amount being given but how it was unfair that you could collect a full suit so quickly in comparison to other armors you had to blitz for[*]Chaning the XP amount would have solved an XP issue just as easily[/list=1]

Loretta's first statement on Decraniums commented on the speed people were collecting suits. Seems to me she also thought people were aquiring them too quickly as well.

Seriously, at what point does something become denial for the sake of denying? The argument "can you show me where..." isn't valid because it's circular in nature. In this situation, they cannot show any concrete evidence of their belief either. I however, do try to back my beliefs with logic. The people on the other side of this argument are, for the most part, backing their argument with personal desire. That's cool, because it is a valid argument. But only up to a point.
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 22nd, 2003 at 04:16:47.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

maybe do it as a reward

how bout if only lvl 200 plp get a reg full ip reset as kindof being a reward of getting that far .think bout it if they got that far don't they deserve somthing like that . as i see it is i have no intentshion of getting to lvl 200 since there isn't really anything there why would i want to be lvl 200 besides just for name sake

i mean geez you still need to depend on others to put on that gun, armor, or the highest nano plus have to gett all your lvl 200 friends to get the armor that like i said still need help to get into so besides selling uber stuff or selling it [witch I loath as much as spam and popup's] on E-bay what's the point?

Re: maybe do it as a reward

Originally posted by glype
    how bout if only lvl 200 plp get a reg full ip reset as kindof being a reward of getting that far .think bout it if they got that far don't they deserve somthing like that . as i see it is i have no intentshion of getting to lvl 200 since there isn't really anything there why would i want to be lvl 200 besides just for name sake

i mean geez you still need to depend on others to put on that gun, armor, or the highest nano plus have to gett all your lvl 200 friends to get the armor that like i said still need help to get into so besides selling uber stuff or selling it [witch I loath as much as spam and popup's] on E-bay what's the point?
    Level 200s are outside the normal rules as far as I'm concerned. They could have a complete reset made availible once reached + the ability to exchange xp for reset points.

feed me ipr
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

bump
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage
    [Enforcer] - [Atrox] - [Rubi-Ka 1]

Rage - Is it in you?
    So excited that i kicked my mom RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Achiever 73% - Killer 66% - Socializer 46% - Explorer 13%

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112