Thread: Funcom: Engineer missions, please reply

Funcom: Engineer missions, please reply

I have one simple question, will the extremely annoying bug with the engineer bots getting stuck/being too big/disappearing be fixed and aowrking properly after the new patch?

I REALLY hope for an answer, a lot of people might have asked this before, and answer would at least make me not totally terminate my engineer...
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Me and alot friends gave up on engineer and missions i retired him at L90, now playing a L37 MP. A bit better now..

Funcom your lack of small technical patches is destroying your customer base over time... even Verant does it better

Yea I find it very irritating playing an engie with that problem.... bots getting stuck in doors is also annoying. But I think thats fixed in 13.6...
    Vailin 179 MA RK1
    Carnby lev 139 Soldier RK1

Exclamation

READ THE PATCH NOTES!

Some people are sooooo impatient. 13.6 is going to fix your pathing problems in missions. Read the test server notes too, people on the test have confirmed pet pathing is better.

This is not a flame, just read the notes, be informed, stay current and if you still can't find what your looking for speak up.

One more week for a patch that is done right is better than having it now and ***** because FC released it too soon.

Give FC a break, they are obviously trying to do things better. I think they see that lack of communication pisses people off more than anything. If they can keep us informed and in the light we would all be happier.

- Cyblade7
    lvl102 Agent RK1

Anxiously awaiting 13.6

oh well

I wonder if those BETA testers who played a PET class been drunken while playing missions. They Beta tested and tolerated this terrible Pet pathing code. And no Beta tester ever reported this to the DEVs team ?? LOL i dont think so......

This problem should be fixed far before release date to make customers happy.

I also wonder what kind a thinking Funcoms team has if they release such bad programmed code. I would be ashamed if i had done that.........

Re: oh well

Originally posted by Axyrn
    I wonder if those BETA testers who played a PET class been drunken while playing missions. They Beta tested and tolerated this terrible Pet pathing code. And no Beta tester ever reported this to the DEVs team ?? LOL i dont think so......

This problem should be fixed far before release date to make customers happy.

I also wonder what kind a thinking Funcoms team has if they release such bad programmed code. I would be ashamed if i had done that.........
    Beta testers did bring forth bugs that were found. Like most MMORPG's the game was rushed to market and all bugs were not able to be fixed. I'm guessing you probably don't understand the complexity of code that is required to allow multi-users to interact simultaneously in a very 3D graphically intensive environment over the internet, it's not something that can be written with extreme ease. Most of the time with programming a lot of trial and error occurs and a lot of unforseen problems. I do a lot of software testing and I can tell you issues always come up that were not anticipated. Nothing is quite as black and white as you are making it either. I do however think it would've been a good alternative to hold back release... but it would've been a better alternative to not have to spend the first few months trying to balance the classes (i.e. soldier, fixer, and agent nerfs).

Not everything was able to be fixed in Beta... and there is a big difference with a bug that is not game breaking... i.e. pet pathing or concealment. You can still play the game, so they should prioritize behind a bug that keeps a large number of people from playing. You are just disadvantaged at the moment.

The thing I feel is funny is that:

"L94 Engi
    L40 MP

and i like to do missions "

If you like to do missions then you are able to do them. You have two Pet proffession and are able to do missions and you like them. The code will be improved. But I am willing to bet you are not a priority over other issues that may keep someone from playing the game or may allow for exploits. You will have to wait for you turn in line in the class fixes.

I have learned this through many months of waiting for the agent fix, which has finally been given a patch number. Imagine having to live with a bug where a necesarry Nano suddenly causes you to slow down to the point you can't move. That nano being Ruse of Taren 2. Or to be stuck in the back of a mission when suddenly your sneak button gets stuck and you are no longer able to sneak/conceal. That one is great because you have no choice but to die. As an agent I can't even do a mission without a group, so I envy Engies and MP's that can and can do them way over their level.

Oh and btw... I had an Engie as my first beta character. And there is a good chance I spent many a night drunken while playing missions :P

Just so you know, a lot of the time in beta4, you couldn't even command your pet. You had to recreate your character over and over to even get a working one.

This in itself did scare a lot of people away from using pet professions at all.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Re: Re: oh well

I too am a veteran of beta 4. I have always played an Engineer. I played sober once and ran out of patients. So now I play drunk and run out of beer!

There is just no way to win I guess.

Originally posted by eleetist

Oh and btw... I had an Engie as my first beta character. And there is a good chance I spent many a night drunken while playing missions :P

lol .. considering pet classes where broke due to the fact that they couldt get their pet for most of the time during beta 3 ..
    but then again MP's had spiders and such back then .. much cooler that those pesky air baloons and perhaps pathing actually worked on those ? ..
    I gues evryplayer that played a pet class during beta was high on something ;p