Thread: high NP skill causes implant costruction problems

high NP skill causes implant costruction problems

Currently having a high NP skill will bump the ql of an implant when assembled. This “feature” is silly, it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to make implants of a specific ql.

I spent a fortune on clusters and implant bases (ql 118-120 bases that took ages to find) only to be given back a bag full of junk that I wasn’t able to equip as every single one had been bumped to ql125+

This was a total waist of my time, money and the effort of the kind person who offered to make the implants for me.

If I had wanted ql125 imps I would have bought ql 125 bases from any old implant booth as opposed to hunting around the various trade sections for an implant base that was “just the right size”… this “feature” kinda makes a mockery of those special in-between sizes bases that you can get from those special booths.

Please remove this rather tedious and frustrating feature

nt

or at least give an option such as "do you wish to utilise your superior skills to enhance this item"?
    Yes... the implant ql raises slightly
    No.... it stays the ql of the implant

yeah, nothings more annoying then figuring out what you'll need, what abilities you'll need and what items and buffs you'll need to get those abilities, what treatment you'll need and what items and buffs you'll need to get them.... and then getting your stupid implant back and it's increase in ql and you need to refigure everything out. A stupid stupid function in the game is the way implants increase in ql.

or when you get clusters for an implant, and they are all the proper ql to be used with that ql implant... and then when the nano programmer is putting them together it increases in ql and one of the clusters no longer works so you end up with a 2 cluster implant and a useless too low ql free cluster. Yaaa funcom.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Find someone with a skill that isn't so high or stop trying to cut it so fine when making implants. *shrug*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

heh, I've tried getting nano programmers with just enough skill for the implant I need built actually. It's an exercise in aggravation, 90% of the time after asking for someone with a specific np skill the person replying is far beyond it.

here's a typical attempt at getting some implants made like that.

me: (on shopping) Looking for someone with between 600 and 650 np to put together an implant. No more then 650 np mind, I do NOT want this implant to increase in ql.

nanoprogrammer: I can put that together for you.

me: what is your nano programming skill? (i've learned to ask beforehand)

np'er: 903

me: Did you not read what I typed you imbecile? No more then 650 np. try banging your head against a hard surface, you're IQ might actually jump! (ok, I've been tempted but never actually said this to the tards who don't understand a simple request.)

And never mind that, to be really sure of the ql of the implant you've got to get different nano programmers for faded, bright, and superior. And not all faded or bright or superior of the same ql have the same req from implant to implant, so you might need 3 different np's... for each implant. Sucks.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Find someone with a skill that isn't so high or stop trying to cut it so fine when making implants. *shrug*
    this would be an excellent suggestion but for the fact that a faded cluster needs significantly less NP than the same ql shining one and even if the builder only has exactly the right number to do the shining cluster their skill is still high enough to cause the faded cluster to increase the ql of the implant. It is actually very very hard to make an imp without bumping the ql, it involves buffing, canceling buffs taking on and off the 1000 token board etc to get your skill just right so as not to destroy your work.

The only way to do it is to be in a position to know exactly what the req of each cluster is so you can raise and lower your skill accordingly… something a helpful imp builder who is doing you a favor just isn’t willing to spend the time doing as it’s a TOTAL PAIN IN THE ***

Its not just a case of “cutting it fine” I wanted to make some ql118-120 imps so I hunted out some ql118-120 bases from the out-size imp booth in the trade section. It took me a good days worth of hunting to find all the bases I wanted. And when I get them back from the kind helpful nano programmer not one of them was useable. All were over ql125. ql125 bases are available in every shop, if I’d wanted ql125 imps then I would have bought ql125 bases not spent long hours searching for ql120 ones.

Tiggy

I have over 900 NP and have no problems predicting the final ql of the implants. As a matter of fact.. I just did a test on ql 125 base implants.. I took off my collar and made them with less NP skill and made them with fully buffed skill of over 1000 NP and both ended the same ql. The clusters ql matters more than the programming skill (if that even does add any). As I stated.. I just plan for 5 points of bump for anything above ql 100 base (6 or 7 above ql 170 or so). The added skill difference between a ql 199 and ql 200 implant is nothing.. and takes only 2 points more ability to put on.. 4 pts of treatment... From everything I have done.. the ql of the implant is a standard bump (based on cluster ql and implant ql).. not something that changes depending on np skill.

I know the clusters add to the ql of the finished imp. But nanoprogramming skill also plays a role.

But anyway - I had my meta with 755 np skill (buffed), do ql 40ish imps. I had ql 90ish shining clusters in them. They remained ql 40 after I had assembled them - the exact same ql as the bases were.

Try it with ql 50 and above, and the finished result will be higher than the original imps. ( I think it is ql 50 ).

Oh - and 1 shining cluster will add more than a bright or faded. After learning the hard way, I get two-three level lower ql basic imps than what I need to have, so that I know I can wear them when they are assembled. Easy.
    Last edited by Killerdoc; Jan 8th, 2003 at 23:56:48.
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

yes.. the low ql implants don't change. they start changing at ql 90 base implants.. maybe 80. i have never made ql 80 base implants... they did that so new players don't get frustrated right away :P

*edit* I agree that it would be nice to just let the ql of the implant remain the same. Until that ever gets changed you will have to plan for a small bump.
    Last edited by Tangretti; Jan 9th, 2003 at 00:11:56.

they did that so new players don't get frustrated right away :P
    LoL now that makes sense. I guess low level imps don’t cost enough to have them mess up on you. Total cost has to be at least 500k. Just as well this wasn’t my main character or I would be so thoroughly hacked off I might consider writing one of those “account canceled” posts that seem to pop up with increasing frequency.

Tiggy

you would have thought that after 30,000 years of technological development it would be possible to "get what you ordered".

Arrow Its a feature thats more useful than not

You could have used 110 imps and a high NP'er to guarentee ~116 implants.

BTW, the cluster ql doesn't matter, as long as its high enough. Only skill will bump the ql, though after a certain point even if you have the bare minimim skill to make a complete implant, it will go up. (think faded req vs shining) You can turn 194s into 200s with ~170 clusters.

Ask the people with 1200 np how it works

If you want to maximize the boost, do the shining first. To minimize, do the faded first.

Please remove this rather tedious and frustrating feature
    No thanks Finding exactly ql200 crap all the time is not fun, esp since everyone wants 190-194 missions which favor slightly less than 200 loot.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

whether its the cluster or implant ql doesn't matter really.. they bump no matter what.. and i was wrong earlier.. the implants start bumping up at ql 50.. it had been a while that i had done ql 50 imps.. did a few last night for an alt they jump 3 pts.

Irregardless.. It would be nice if they just stayed put.

Nerfing the implants is dumb

I know that not meeting the reqs is a bummer but sometimes that little increase raises the skills a point or 2 and that sometimes makes the differance for a gun, ammo , or nano. My suggestion is that you got a good set of 125s go out and lvl and then get them in. You will have some nice ip and better imps that the 120s u intended to use. Implants get old fast so the higher the qty the longer the use u will get. I also agree with the choice of being able to say yes or no on increasing the qty of the implant but untill something like that is ingame I would just adjust to the way it is now.

183 Clan Trader

Making imps then lvl the character into them is a bad suggestion. I might then not be able to defend my clans towers. However I do concede the point that finding high ql stuff can be a pain and that in this incidence the fact that you can get up to +6 onto the imp could be considdered desirable. IMO that problem is a fairly lame excuse really as I have been able to sneak ql200 bases with my agent from lvl112 so avaliblilty really isnt an issue. Not to mention that imps can now be cleaned making even the pre-build's found with great frequency on mobs and as mission loot useable.

But in the interest of looking for a non nerfing sugestion, it would be nice if there was a way of getting imps made to the lvl of the bace supplied. Like someone previously suggested, a button or /command that limited the required skill applied so as not to bump the imp. Or better still a button or /command that allowd you to bump the imp but the default is to make as presented.

Tiggy