Thread: Apartments!!!

Angry Apartments!!!

Gods, fix them already. This crazy 10 item limit is driving me nuts!

What we really need are tables, cabinets, and sofas that can increase the storage space for our apartments: furniture with function.

This would also encourage folks to decorate their apartments more.

10 item apartment
    +5Item Bookshelf
    +3Item Couch
    +2Item Table
    +20Item (extremely expensive) Safe
    -4 used by furniture
    --
    36 item apartment

Uhmm. banks?

Just to check - you guys are aware of the fact that you can store your stuff in Bank Terminals, yes? Apartments aren't meant to be storage spaces....

Even if not using your apartment for storage, 10 items of furniture makes for a sparsely decorated apt.

The trouble with apartments only begins there. I remember reading in previews before anarchy came out the praise for apartments and how everybody was going to be using them; Decorate to your own tastes (currently not enough variety of items to do much but a carbon copy of the next apt), invite friends over (currently have to team with people to get them in your apt, a better solution would be to have a /invite <person> command), talk to the landlord and expand your walls if you want a bigger apartment (?? I honestly saw this somewhere).

Also, where's the couches and lazy-boys!? Would be nice to have these and be able to interact with them (sit on couch, open drawers<--these should store a few items too).

Apartments should not even have been released with the game, they're certainly far from ready, talk about a waste of time.

Re: Uhmm. banks?

Originally posted by DevNull
    Just to check - you guys are aware of the fact that you can store your stuff in Bank Terminals, yes? Apartments aren't meant to be storage spaces....
    Some of us want to use the appartment to enhance the feel for the character as well as for RK, not JUST to store things.

Apartments

Umm, If you can't use them for storage space what's the point? you can't have anyone back to your apartment.

you can't have bigger apartments.

the last two characters i have made haven't even claimed apartments because they're totally worthless. although i understand the selling point from funcoms point of view.

they're just there so funcom can say *everyone gets an apt!*

hehe

it'd be cool if you could buy work benches that give pluses to tradeskills. and the like. for now it's just a waste of server space, pretty much like RK2.

Agreed!

Yes! Let's have more items in our apartment! I want to be able to host a small party in mine.

I want a stereo in my apartment that I can actually use to play music!

I want furniture that people can sit, lounge, and lie in.

I want more than 10 items, and more interesting items.

I would love (but don't think Funcom would ever do it) to have custom 2D artworks of my own creation hanging in my apartment, or my own 3D modeled objects to decorate. I don't expect the server to store it, but allow for the apartment owners game client to automatically send the models or images to his guests when they enter.

Way dont make the appartments like they did in Ultima Online. You can fill it with what every you want, store things make keys to friends. Buy bigger flats. That was a good part of UO, even if people can rob you ;D but you could lock the most importent things so they can steal it.

Make the "home" importent.

Id like a locator type thing on the keys because I have no flippin idea where my apartment is.

Erythorbic, you can /petition that and an ark will tell you where your apartment is.

Apartment ideas

Apartments is one of the things I'd like to see improved as well, but honestly...let's be sure we improve them to something useful. Right now, I never go back to my apartment (even though, YES, you can get other people into your apartment...they must be on your team). More practical for me, I've just kept a mission key copy of a nice mission area I liked, and call it my 'condo'. I can still dupe the key, allowing anyone I want in. It's fully furnished, and even has beds!

-If- apartment changes come, here's what needs to happen, to be interesting:

(NOTE: All these things also apply to the basics of faction housing, when that hits as well.)

1) Make usable furniture.
    I like pictures and all, but goodness...they're useless without couches and tables! If apartments are supposed to be social situations, then you need furniture that allows them to BE social situations. Couches, chairs, tables, beds, rugs, etc.

2) Make useful furniture.
    * Cabinets and bookcases should be small containers. I'd love to be able to put all the books I've found in a bookshelf, just so that I could easily find them again!

* Let lights actually affect lighting! TUrn off the flourescents and be lit by lamps for ambiance.

* Add computer terminals that you could click on to do stuff...like give you a better chat terminal, or even better, a whole chat/friends interface where you could get info on orgs, people, characters, Omni-TEk, Council of Truth, news from the web site! That would be really cool to see that in-game. (Great place to add email and such too!)

* Refrigerators should be able to store drink and food.

* Stereos should allow you to activate and play music in settings. (Actually, I'd love to be able to do this anywhere, but in apartments would be a good first start.)

*Especially for Faction housing, places where you can put things that OTHER PEOPLE can access...that is extremely valuable.

3) Increase the item limit
    Obvious one here. 10 items is nothing. I could put 10 refirgerators in my apartment and it would look empty.

4) Let us edit who's allowed to enter.
    Either through commands (/apartment add <friendname>) or by copying apartment keys.

5) Let us buy new apartments!
    I'd drop 1mil credits if I could get a bigger area, allowing more items, or other styles. I'd also love to get apartments that aren't in backyards.

6) Trophies.
    It'd be nice to be able to display weapons, armor, etc...in your apartment. I think it would be totally cool to have a manequin that you could hang armor sets on and it would show up. It could work like a container, buty only allow one piece per body slot.
    http://www.titanmining.com