Thread: Does weapon QL mean anything?

Does weapon QL mean anything?

I have a question. I play a fixer and i use SMG (duh!). Normally i was getting my guns through the missions. I found one that i liked (Kerans Automatic Grinner) and i just keep getting higher QL of it. Yesterday i found one as a loot on a dead body (SW mines, mobs lvl 40). The gun i had been using was QL 35 and i found QL 44. Cool! - i thought... Immediately got it on (didnt need super buffs) and... it did as much as 3 times less damage that his QL 35 little brother. My first reaction - wtf? I had no penalty, nothing and yet i was doing roughly 3 time less damage. I switched guns several times and got the same result: QL 35 that i got as a mission reward was more powerful that QL 44 from dead body. 3 times!!! QL 35 did around 200 max burst and QL 44 - only 68 (several times)
    The question is: is QL really means anything for a weapon or...?

weapon ql is everything.

a ql33 shouldn't do more damage than a ql44. Are you sure it's not OE? Concidering you were switching it out every now and then, I suppose it's not OE....

and if the low ql gun does more damage to the same mobs (same lvl mobs), this kinda sounds like a bug.

Now I think that this is a bug: my gun works today!
    I also noticed one strange thing about guns (probably the same kind of bug): when you are attacked by nano (like Douce Anger) and it is gone you still doing less damage than usual. Seen it several times...

Ive had this problem but only when i switched weapons in a mission.Zoned out and back and voila it worked as intended<----did i just type that(Gank me please).So zoning seem to update my damage output stats to where they should have been.

Originally posted by loomus
    Ive had this problem but only when i switched weapons in a mission.Zoned out and back and voila it worked as intended<----did i just type that(Gank me please).So zoning seem to update my damage output stats to where they should have been.
    ...in other words, damage debuffs may be broken?

Buffs and debuffs both?

Originally posted by Skybert
    weapon ql is everything.

Weapon ql is much less important than attack rating, but perhaps you were talking about something else?

The ql44 obviously went into OE when the buffs ran out/were removed to make room for speed/HOT.

Sometimes it takes the game a while to work out nanos (usually debuffs for some reason, I am yet to see it happen with my HOT ) have actually run out. This could be because of serve-client sync issues, or it could be something else. It usually happens while a fight is going on, and clears up at the end of it. Also seems to happen with changes to the agr/def bar.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

You know that's true, especially after NW. The server is carrying a heavy load attributing advantages and disadvantages to players doing various things (org advantages/ransacking towers for instance). Many times after NW I try to equip something and it takes a couple tries because the server thinks I don't have the stats to do it.

I noticed this as well... between a QL 13 MCS and a QL 20 MCS. At level 10, I was able to equip the QL 20 MCS, and noticed a dramatic reduction in damage, on bursts (from 120 to 60-70 max) and on normal shots (from 40 to about 25). This was even with buffs on, I dropped Basic Insurance Hack and rebuffed to weapon specs and still got the reduction.

Around level 13, I was able to reequip the QL 20 MCS with only Lesser Suppressor, and it performed as I would imagine it should, fairly superior to the lesser QL gun.

My assumption was it had something to do with the OE rules (I haven't played in a while, so I never got the big gist of the exact changes they made for OE), was I correct on this? I was never hit with damage debuffs in those missions last night, so... *shrugs* bears some investigation on my part, hee hee.

congrats merista on ur first post

^^ goes post numbers
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Happened with a SOL Fire Executioner

I found a higher ql SOL in a mission. I was able to equip it self-buffed. When I did, I was doing FAR less damage so I put the old sword back on and my damage output went back to normal.

I didn't try the zone in and out thing. I just sold the thing. I have been advised that the weapon was likely bugged and that I could petition and get it replaced. It was not THAT much better than what I had, so I didn't bother since it'd be 2 hrs or more to get a reply.

lvl 40 freshwoman
    proud of being a lowbie freshMAN?
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

I am thinking that something is broken with that reequipping while buffed (even self-buffed). Another example from the same fixer... I was using gun QL 47 when i got QL 51 as mission reward. Bearing in mind my previous experience with switching the guns and did the following: i removed old one (QL 47) first, put it to the inventory. And after i equipped the new one (QL 51)... Wow, i became uber. I was doing roughly 1.5-2 times damage more than before. Orange mobs that required some snarring and running around were taken out in a single assault and i had like 2/3 of my HP. My damage before was about 60-150 (of course i had nasty surprises like 10, 12 etc) and after equipping QL 51 - around 170-270 (i swear that i saw more 200+ hit than i really expected), with the burst around 550 (wow!) and crit about 770 (double wow). Cool i said, though i didnt really understand why difference of 4 QL is so noticable. But... Next mission showed me that my new gun is only QL 51: damage 70-170, burst up to 280, and crit around 350. So... There is something that is broken. And if somebody asks, i used only self-buffs to equip gun (no penalty or such, nothing in red).

Sooo.... what kind of gun was this?

As i said in my first mail... OT Kerans Automatic Grinner. But as i said further... it was sooooo uber only till next zone