Thread: NCU Rings

Angry NCU Rings

make them unique

really lame (and most would probably agree) to see level 35ish peeps camping the boss in subway that drops them when the dungeon itself, is meant for 25 or below

just a thought

Thumbs down

Funny, I've only seen level 27 and below in the dungeon.
    -Vegavak
    Quality.
    Quantity.

You can get up to lvl 35 inside, that's no problem. You also have to be either that level or very twinked to have a chance at killing Abmouth Supremus, the last boss in the Subway - and I'm talking of a full team of such people.

The Level restrictions of getting inside have resulted in a lot of people actually living in the subway. Twink up at lvl 24 and then stay in until you get either bored or die - or an ARK warps you out which is complete bull* too. But then again, game balance is not something that FC is very good at.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

just irks me to see people auction ncu ring X 10,

Having an ARK warp you out makes perfect sense to me.

Let's level-lock a dungeon. OK, fine. So, if someone is inside and past the level-lock, doesn't that technically make them exploiters?

As they might have leveled while inside, we can't ban them. Warping, however, is perfectly acceptable as a solution.

Twinks camping the subway is stupid, and FC is fully right to solve the problem with warps.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

They could very well input a patch that automatically warps you out of the dungeon once you reach lvl 35.

I'm not saying that levelling up to 35 in the subway is a cool thing. I am a bit angry that FC makes a boss mob in the dungeon that you have only a chance to kill if you have multiple teams (now try to get them into the same instance of the subway as a new subway spawns every 30 people or so). And then - where do you get decent teams at lowest levels.

I - an alt I made up - saw four teams die by now to Abmouth. All where Lvl 20-30, with many being moderately twinked - Carbonum seems to be the style of the subway - and still, I never saw Abmouth go past 50% health.

Maybe it actually IS possible to kill Abmouth with the level range intended, but I have yet to see it. Oh ... and yes, then we'd have the same loot problems as with Tara. Welcome to the wonderful world of Spawn Camping and Loot Stealing.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

my trader at level 22 killed him with a team of five. I think having a trader there is the key or something, as they can hold waaaay bigger buffs. At the time I had 189 ncu and ql75-88 imps with behemoth, coruscating screen and a hot running (I may have had masteries running, but I cant remember). Something like 1200 ac, and it was perfect because the behemoth and stamina boost kept me from being OE'd on the carb armor. I believe only myself and maybe the enforcer were at all twinked. I calmed/rooted the adds and surprised myself to find I could calm asbmouth himself!

Asbmouth went down fast and hard on the second try (first try for some reason everyone else in the team decided to kill my calmed adds while I soloed asbmouth down to 50%).

It's EXTREMELY hard, but it can be done. All he dropped was the ring though and I didn't even get that lol :/

Damn me for levelling the trader to 26. Guess my enforcer will have to give a go at getting that multi wield ring
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I took a cray-z twink solja into the subway and got him up to 28 and took on the boss with a group of about 9 ranging from 16-30. We got beat awful, awful bad. That was with TMS MK III and 2 docs too. Currently got a 29 nano doc camped out in there, waiting for the day a capable team should stumble upon him and require his healing powers (I log him in for an hour or so every other day to just scope things out)

Needless to say, who cares if the NCU rings are unique or not? If you're dedicated enough to camp Eumidies (or whatever the fark his name is) long enough to nab 10 rings, then more power to you my friend... more power to you.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Traders are the key to it maybe. No one can twink up higher than a Trader at the level intended, so maybe a lvl 22 would be enough. I have given up the project out of boredom, it's just too complicated to get a decent team down there without some clown puller - I've seen morons pull Abmouth so many times and each time he not only killed the clown but also many others that were unlucky enough to be near.

Make the area 0% so I can root everyone that tries to clown-pull Abmouth.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

I calmed asbmouth myself also with a crat once.

Arrow

Well, at least he's a challenge now. Its better to over-do the challenge and then gradually tone it down to a suitable level than to go the other way.

I've only killed him on test, and then that was with a single mildly twinked (this is test, money is easy to come by) team about 25, and he dropped in seconds both times, so there was no doubt he needed to be tougher. Maybe they've overdone it, but as I said, that's preferrable to the other approach (provided they *do* tone him down a bit of course).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I don't get it... you complain that there's a guy hard enough that he might kill the level 35 twinks "living" in subway?

lol, that guy's probably only there for that purpose.

In fact, maybe there should be some even harder guys, or at least more of them
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

muahah

I'm an NT and with the help of ONE other person, both of us lvl 24, managed to kill abmouth a good 10-15 times til we got bored and started leveling like madmen. It wasn't that difficult, but you have to figure out how, and yes, it requires some moderate twinking.
    The only thing to phear...is the little gremlin in the back of my head...