Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who "should' be the best prof for PvP.

depends, alot of people made mp when it was the mp bandwagon and mp werent uber at pvpin.
    Same goes for fixers, its not like you gonna see any from those new fixers in the quality pvp anyson, first you gotta get a GA, then you gotta level to 200, and even that wont make you good if you got no idea what you do.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Jankkar

Traders don't only do tradeskills
    Noticed...
    Mains:
    Alpha(NT)|Cent(Enf)|Bio(Doc)
    Twinks:
    Straight(Trd)|Infekted(Trd)|Infekted MKII(Trd)|Betty(MP)

I picked a NT because I figured that it would be a combat profession. Didn't know much about AO at the time. The descriptions for many of the characters like trader, doctor, fixer wouldn't have lead me to believe that those professions were going to be the best in combat.

The combat classes are pretty much NT/soldier/enforcer/MA, but its just the sad truth that "non-combat" classes will take them out most of the time. But still, while I wish [b]I[/i] had more combat nanos and more damage, I love the fact that a good engineer like Fotik could come along and show people that you should fear an engy. Or a crat like wenzell.

This is a multiplayer game and its made to be played in groups. Alot of support proffession can beat Damage dealers on duel but in mass PvP, you clearly see their strenght. We all know what happen to a trader who decide to take the frontline and act as a damage dealer. He hit reclaim prety damn fast, same for fixers, MP, Doctor, crat, etc.. There is no best proffession, everyone got his role and a job to accomplish, Soldiers are tank, Enforcers are the main damage dealer, NT are the long ranged damage dealers, Doctors are healers, Fixers are Crat are 'crowd controllers', traders are debuffers, MP are debuffers and buffers.. etc..

Bottom Line:

PvP and PvM are two aspects of the game. PvP is more enjoyed by a majority of the high level community, PvM is a hassle for good equipment and it's rare that someone 'likes' to do these things. The choice is completely yours, like it should be. However, gimping professions simply because of 'realism' disrupts the fun factors of the game. PvP and PvM are two product-promised aspects of the game, and whether you're and engi or a soldier you should be able to enjoy them as much as anyone else. The choice is eliminated for the bottom tier, and most of the previous tier.

So, what would happen? You already have a system like this, however there's less 'gimp professions.' Take two uber pvp professions for example, fixers and enforcers. Enforcer wants grid armor nerfed - fixer hates the fact enforcer has close to 600-700 more runspeed than his max, thus it should be 'nerfed.' So making a pvp system like this would bring your arses back to square one, the people who can enjoy pvp will pick the best professions for it and will prefer owning everyone as opposed to only a select few. There would just be less whine threads between uber pvp profs.

Case closed! There is no patch process for human nature, sorry folks!
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Riokou

I finally got it.
    They should make the engineer bots much more versitile (versa? Im sucky at spelling). Or at least make them something to worry about. Make them STRONGER. And give engineers (yes you may oppose) but make it so they cannot use weapon TOO good. Ive seen some with manex and the burst can do alot of damage.

But the engineer himself should have alot of defensive programs, hidden away in a shell of protection while is robot does his stuff.

Maybe introduce new lines of robots and Tranferences, At Least its something.

If engineer are to be good at pvp ever, it should be the robot itself and not the engineer.

Thats what should be unique.
    As far as MP's and Crats go, I dont know, Im not exactly at my most creative mind, Its uh 5:15am I should have been in bed hours ago, but these boards+ao are Addictive as hell and I must mooch some post count ++.

MEDIC! Headache ;(
    Better stop thinking too ... let the thinking be done by profession with sufficient intell you're just a poor enforcer ... go kill me a few clanners rather leave the thinking to our esteemed Metaphysicists and NTs and even better: Crats!

ENGINEERS SHOULD BE THE BESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTESTEST!

Honestly... don't you think a guy with a GRENADE LAUNCHER and a GINORMOUS ROBOT BUILT FOR MASS DESTRUCTION should kill anyone? I still need a cigar...
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

Originally posted by Abrikoosje

Better stop thinking too ... let the thinking be done by profession with sufficient intell you're just a poor enforcer ... go kill me a few clanners rather leave the thinking to our esteemed Metaphysicists and NTs and even better: Crats!
    Hey c'mon, just cuz I pick enf I aint stoopid
    You got the poor enforcer part right tho ;P

I got a better idea, how about everyone has a fighting chance?

Originally posted by Ityn
    I got a better idea, how about everyone has a fighting chance?
    My sentiments exactly.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

I picked doctor becasue in DAoC i was playing cleric and i enjoyed idea of healing.

And also doctors are good in pvp becasue of tools we have not becasue of our unbalanced heals.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Riokou's HOTTNESS should be nerfed....Yes, I know you're a guy in rl and no, I don't care
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

pfffffffffffffft...

there is NO profession only for PvP.

all profs can do PvP, whole of em lmao, all depends how you are skillng your char.

engies can PvP (this stUpId Eth hurts in PvP), crat can pvp, NT, Doc, MA (hum... nm on that one now :/), ALL profs can PvP.

P.S.: Eth.. STOP SPAMMIN ALL FORUMS LMAO

(nerf EQB enfs plz :'((((((((((((( )
    Untitled, and unbuffer Trad0r on RK2.. don't ask me "why", i wont answer

i wish every prof. was good vs another prof and not bad vs some..then pvp'ing would get a new aspect..and in tower raids you would for example pray not to get an engie on ur butt, cause then you (as the profession you chose) would be ffok'ed if you understand...that would be fun, then every team member would cry for help the second he would see that profession who ownz his ass.

That also makes teamplay much better...cause you help teammates not getting pulverized.

Engineer - Roosevelt "Nimsim" Age

Trader - "Konfuzion"

Back to AO after 3 years. woohoo!

Engi pet should do the damage of an EQB enforcer. That would fix them.

Originally posted by Insida
    Engi pet should do the damage of an EQB enforcer. That would fix them.
    Ironically, however, that wouldn't affect EQB enforcers cause they'd fear the pet.

~Chris

Originally posted by Julia
    I picked doctor becasue in DAoC i was playing cleric and i enjoyed idea of healing.

And also doctors are good in pvp becasue of tools we have not becasue of our unbalanced heals.
    lol thats like me saying my gun that does 30k alpha on every player isnt overpowered (if i had one in case anyone was wondering ...)
    Infamine 200 soljah

Just really putting a word in for engies who are really the most gimped PvP class. I thing Engies should be able to set mine fields to make things better. Pets are too dumb to beat most people

Crats should get some PvP love as well, dunno what though.

Originally posted by Julia
    Doctors are good at pvp because of their tools.

Doctors are amazing at duels because of their unbalanced heals.

I wanna debuff docs with extra fumbles. like be able to hit them with an 80% chance to fumble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast