Thread: Questions about Shadowlands

Questions about Shadowlands

Do you have a projected release date and if so, when is that?

Is the level cap being raised to 250 and if so, is the already steep XP curve going to continue to grow steeper with that raise?

Will there be a chance for existing characters to alter their breed to one of the new breeds if they are similar enough? (For instance, judging by some of the concept art there appears to be a breed modification of the Solitus in the works and was wondering if existing Solitus characters will have the opportunity to alter themselves?)

Of the 9 playfields being added, will there be any representation of Notum Wars within these playfields such as new lands to control?

It has been rumored that there will be new professions added. Can you confirm this and if true, how many?

Many people are concerned about the skill budget changes and the ability to "fix" their characters via IPR and some have run out. Will Shadowlands provide another full reset or extra IPR points?

Will the PvP aspect of the game endure great changes or is Shadowlands more focused towards PvM gameplay?

Is the new skill budget going to affect the mechanics of advancement? (For instance, skills & abilities rise when you put improvement points into them and you get those whenever you advance in level. Skills do not deteriorate and you can unlearn skills through the use of IPR. Is this going to change at all?)

Are any significant changes being made to the resource manager?
    .: Naraya :.

Mighty ambitious questions, many of which probably won't get answered by the devs... I CAN say however that it is confirmed that 2 profs will be added. Well, not *confirmed*, but Cosmik did mention it in an IGN interview a while back.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Unhappy don t you think that it is a little sad

that the last info about shadowlands came from Cosmik?

i mean he is gone for what now 4 months?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Question

I think Cosmik left for good...?
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Cz confirmed that Cosmik is no longer working for the company. First he was supposedly on a vacation to Australia, then we never hear from him again. I'd venture to say he was fired.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

yes so i know

but what has this to do with the fact that the last info on shadowlands is what 4 months old?

gone now. byebye.

Arrow

Don't leave us out in the cold. FC doesn't need to give us all of Shadowlands secrets, but it would be nice to hear something every now and again. Heck, even a backstory would be nice.
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

indeed

or even a new damn screenshot ANYTHING.

as posted before, i can understand if they do not want to go into the mechanics since they are unsure what will make the expansion and what not but the frame work should be there already:

how are the zones named, how are the classes named, what is the vision of the new classes /breeds (?) ... those things should be decided already should they not?

gone now. byebye.

Hello, hello, hello...
    Is there anybody..... in there
    Just nod if you can hear me,
    Is there anyone at home?

There is no pain, you are receding.
    A distant ships' smoke on the horizon.
    You are only coming through in waves,
    Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're say-ying.

Are you talking about Shadowlands.
    Please give us an update, because I.... yi....., yive.....become,
    (insert answer), about its existence.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

aiiii iii iii have become

comfortably numb.

/me busts a wicked guitar solo.

edit:

man that link to the punching bag contains zero new info as well.

guess it is safe to assume that shadowlands is not out of internal testing if it is even there.
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 7th, 2003 at 16:35:53.

gone now. byebye.

Re: Questions about Shadowlands

Originally posted by Naraya
    Do you have a projected release date and if so, when is that?
    Currently Q2 2003, but like all things game-dev-wise, subject to change.

Is the level cap being raised to 250 and if so, is the already steep XP curve going to continue to grow steeper with that raise?
    Advancement past 200 is in, but the form of that advancement isn't yet known.

Will there be a chance for existing characters to alter their breed to one of the new breeds if they are similar enough? (For instance, judging by some of the concept art there appears to be a breed modification of the Solitus in the works and was wondering if existing Solitus characters will have the opportunity to alter themselves?)
    Not known.

Of the 9 playfields being added, will there be any representation of Notum Wars within these playfields such as new lands to control?
    Not known, though as some are new zones on RK rather than SL zones, it seems likely.

It has been rumored that there will be new professions added. Can you confirm this and if true, how many?
    2 has ben mentioned.

Many people are concerned about the skill budget changes and the ability to "fix" their characters via IPR and some have run out. Will Shadowlands provide another full reset or extra IPR points?
    Not known.

Will the PvP aspect of the game endure great changes or is Shadowlands more focused towards PvM gameplay?
    suspect PvM is more of a focus here, though we cant rule out PvP changes. In other words, 'Not Known'.

Is the new skill budget going to affect the mechanics of advancement? (For instance, skills & abilities rise when you put improvement points into them and you get those whenever you advance in level. Skills do not deteriorate and you can unlearn skills through the use of IPR. Is this going to change at all?)
    Not known.

Are any significant changes being made to the resource manager?
    Not known.

As you see, a lot of 'not knowns'. More info has been promised in the near future mind you, so maybe some of these will get at least partial answers before the month is out.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper