Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know who you are!

You know who you are!

I am sick and tired of the few people that spoil it for EVERYONE and totally mess things up.

For instance, the major activity in Perptual Wastelands.

Sabulum or whatever.

When people are told, by an offical commander NOT to open fire, I myself respect this and do so.

Also there are clanners that come in and dont fire on omni.

But there is always one... I choose to call them the "Counter-striker" as I did in my other post.

There is ALWAYS ONE person to open fire becuase they automatically think, AHA HES OPPOSITE SIDE! KILL!

This is no team-death-match, and it resolves nothing.

FOR GOD SAKES PLEASE, play with the storyline.

I just hate it.

Events are hard enough to control as it is, amougnst the.

Buff me this buff me that / hey cloud whats going on why do you want me to come here / why do we have to wait here / whats going on / im bored / OH THIS IS CRAP **** STORYLINE.

Seriously, if everyone would play properly IMAGINE how good it would be, an orderly event.

Omni-tek only attacking when attacked.
    Not some 12 year old leet speak0r going hahaha I owned that clanner.

And do you know what I do to those omni who disobey orders? Kill them.
    Or at least I give them a slap with my hammer.

And guess what, again, mr"12 year old CS player" Cannot take the heat and over-reacts when I asked about 50 times and /telld about 10 times telling him to stop- tried to kill me.

I mean, I gave him a warning hit, I hitt him once, and told him, dont or you will regret it.

He turned an shot, and I pressed escape rapidly thinking he would stop, after about what, 7 or 8 hits, (Yes i does take me a while to get a point :P ) I took cover.

Seriously, if I have to put up with this every event, Ill go on a killing rampage, I will!

I am easily angered, and nothing gets me more than people ruining it for the majority.
    The mindless, impateint people.

15 minutes of standing around and they get moody.
    Cmon, some of us actually work our asses of organizing people and stuff.
    I myslef was asked to defend the south gate, and get people there.
    I tell you trying to get people to stand still and shut the hell up was a real hard job.

There was also one cheeky cow that wouldnt shut up , and when I told her, Id attack her, she said .."how" - someone forgot mayhem zone :P

So I sent my brother in whilst I command the gate.

Its hard, I do my best to roleplay at events, I dont always but in events I do my best.

There was "supposed" to be a conference in HQ 2 days ago I recall.
    I was mindlessly wandering around And I saw DERVA and two guards standing on the speech platform.

I sat down and began messaging faction leaders.
    I was the first to ask a question, then people started to talk about fixing PVP?!!! and, this is boring (again!)
    I left becuase i didnt want to get anoyed.

And guess who got kiled by the guards? That same girl that never stopped shouting at the Sabulum event.
    What a coinsedence? huh?

I teamed with a clanner and came back only to find out - You can not attack unless attcked first -

Bah, I was going to show some people what I eman by.

Please kindly keep calm and listen to derva and let myslef and other have a conference, if you do not I will have to bring force.

I will only say this once, and if you dont read the forums then TOUGH luck, when you petition to say I attacked you , even ho im the same alignment and you did nothing and say I was harrasing you ill show you this link and this is what I will say.

"Shut up for crying out loud, ONE MORE COMPLAINT...ONE MORE GOD DAMN, /shout ehy this is boring, lets run around and act gay, ONE MORE /shout Hey fix PVP will you, make us heal more, wah wah. One more thing, And Ill seriously Snap!, No no ..not in game but in real life, Ill smash my fist in the desk and shout out, OMFG...I knew it, ALWAYS ONE... Ill take a hold of my weapon and slay that person, I dont care if Im weaker or if they have just broken the title cap, lvl 75..... You will hit.
    Even if that involves me running away becuase ill get owned if your higher.
    You people get my temper really high and I swear, one more, IDIOT like you, and I know there is many people like you, maybe one of you read the boards.
    Spoil it again and I will make sure you never shout out and ruin it for us again"

Okay okay A bit over the top but thats how I truly feel, I work hard to earn money to afford an internet conenction, buy a pc for that matter and pay to play AO, now if some idiot is going to break that chain and ruin my game time, then stuff it.

I dont care if you get 50 of your guild friends to gank me, I dont care if you think it will ruin my reputation or my guild, I dont speak for my guild, I speak for the OUT OF CHARACTER people who give a damn about playing the game for a cause.
    Not to kill the opposition all day long for cheap thrills!

If I die by you it does not mean, you have won, you wont win anything, maybe some little award in your head but who will care?

Derva and the guards left, I did earlier.
    I know why, becuase there was too many people acting stupid and immature.
    Im glad they killed that complainer.
    If I was Funcom I would have personally Killled anyone who did that, spawn them back to my location, kill, spawn, kill, spawn, rinse and repeat.

I know what the GMS and character player feel like, imagine having to put up free time for NOTHING and crap like that.
    Area Nuke the whole place and watch them comeback asking why.

To blind to see.

Some people want a story, its being stopped by people Like I just mentioned.

I will do anything within my power to stop this.
    For the rest of us.

And thnx for ruining an event those who did so, good work fc for killing off a customer who deserved the judgement call I could not have done it better.

Omni-tek Guard = "Step down, please get off the platform"
    Player = "Why?"
    Omni-tek Guard = "Please step down"
    Player "No!"

BANG

-Player comes back-

OMFG WTF WAS THAT FOR! OMG OMG IM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO FC!

Its' called, *cough* /me rubs throat, "ROLEPLAYING"

Its 4:30am, I am very hot and very angry at myslef becuas eI know what will happen becuase of this but its needed, I have a HUGE MIGRANE but i need to finish this posts and god help you if my pc crashes now, infact ill post.

Okay now that I have posted and its safe, ill add this.

MY HEAD HURTS, I CANT TYPE TO SAVE MY LFOF..LIFE...
    I dont care if you think this post is, silly, not needed or immature or gramatically incorrect, Its about time SOMEONE STOOD UP AND TOOK ACTION TO SAVE THE GAMING OF OTHER PEOPLE.

LEt this be known, hey....
    At least I get private messages everyday from people ssying they agree with me, saying they like my ideas, more than people oppose my.

I have not had one private in game message, or /tell saying I suck.

And please..if you do agree, help.
    Stand up to these spoilers, these, "party poopers"
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; Jan 27th, 2002 at 05:26:32.

Cloudeh

While I did not understand half your post and most of if was just mindless ranting before you went mental (about half way through). You where making some very vaild points about certain players action at events. The problem is a few loud mouthed players being shouting. Nothing is done about this so other people relpy before you know it the event is wasted.

Something has to been done, theres no way you can trust the the players so its about time action was taken against these players.

1. During meetings or speechs FC members should be able to enforce quiet on people. Bascally the player who shouts out rubbish will be unable to chat to anyone on any channel for 2 hours.

2. I have no idea why all the events take place in 25% or 0% zones its asking for trouble. But people who start TKing there own team or shoot people when not asked will get sent to a safe zone for one hour. A safe zone is like a padded cell which they cannot get out of or do anything.

3. People who attack, insult arks, GM's or are a major problem in events should have their account banned for 3 days.

4. People who continue to turn up to events just to distrup them should have there accounts removed full stopped.

This does mean the FC should use more arks at events to hold some sort of peace and get rid of the idiots. What is the point in holding any events when half of them you cannot hear or so baddly messed up by bad players its pointless.

/me applause for this post

Good post, i really hate such players my self

I would have happily joined an AO roleplay-enforced server if there had been one. I often try to imagine what the game would be like if everyone tried their hardest at these events to act like they were a real character in a scene of a play or movie, totally interacting realistically with the events and Funcom characters present.

(sighs) If only.

Yeah, you made some great points in there and I know some people like that unfortunately. You did kind of go mad midway through though
    EDIT: Oh and I love your idea about the guard killing anyone who doesn't listen. I hate hearing kids go up to guards and taunt them and such. I would love to see the guard let one off in the players chest.

Player: j00 zuxx0rz
    Guard: What?
    Player: I s@id j00 zux0rz j00 st00pid ?
    BANG

That would teach them in a hurry

Uwen
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 27th, 2002 at 07:45:58.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gyson
    I would have happily joined an AO roleplay-enforced server if there had been one. I often try to imagine what the game would be like if everyone tried their hardest at these events to act like they were a real character in a scene of a play or movie, totally interacting realistically with the events and Funcom characters present.

(sighs) If only.
    Actually, Cosmik, if you're reading this, how about passing Gyson's idea along to the live team.

I know, it's an old idea, but we've got two servers - and RK2 is mostly dead right now. But what if the story team has the power to unilaterally enforce roleplaying on RK2 while leaving RK1 currently as is.

Sure, it's more work to run story events on both servers, but I'm sure some of the story people would be happy to be able to concentrate on the story itself instead of catering to the l33t-crowd. It might be a definite moral booster for both sides (players and FC team).

This should be able to support both customer bases (l33t and RPGers) as the former will most likely stick with RK1 while the later, who are generally more mature and understand that certain actions require harsh punishment, will flock towards RK2. Everyone wins.

Anyway, pass it along to the live story team to see how they feel about it. As for upper management, I'm sure they'll welcome anything that can help preserve the client base.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Actually, GMs can gag individual players.

GMs can send people to prison.

GMs can kill people who are bloody annoying (and I suspect they do it just for fun, sometimes. )
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

WGMelchior,

We know the GM's currently have the power to do those things... and sometimes they do, but they're still bound by customer support principles. Unless someone is acting in direct violation of the EULA, they'll normally error on the side of caution and not do a thing on the current servers. The EULA's are not written with roleplaying in mind and give rather large leanacy towards semi-disruptive actions such as those described by Cloudeh.

What I was suggesting was a server where the GMs can *unilaterally* and *unapologetically* use those powers. Anyone found on those servers would be, in effect, waiving any rights to grievances towards GMs. Sure, you might still be able to submit reports of 'abusive' GMs, but any leans will be towards the GMs as oppose to the player.

The tools are there. They've always been there. It's just a matter of how you apply them that changes.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski

Yeah sorry after about 75% down its gets mad and insane and stuff, I got impateint and stuff....

But I really do have a mental illness! Mwahaha.

EDIT: Oh also that guard thing wasnt an Idea hehe..
    this was one of these guards....
    /me uploads photo brb..
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; Jan 28th, 2002 at 01:03:29.

I arrived first here, nobody was around.
    So I took a pic and sat down Like a good good boy

One of these killed the shouter.

http://cloudeh.50megs.com/Conference.jpg

BTW: If the pic does not work, take away the http://

I Like It

I like the idea of a RP only server, but I would like to move my current character there instead of starting a new one, and, I'm sure most of the rest of us RPer's would want to do the same

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Unhappy "RP Only" server probably a pipe dream ...

I think having an RP only server is a great idea, but probably impractical.

How would you enforce your "RP Only" edict? How do you stop the l33t haxx0rs from logging in? Assume that if they do, they will log back out because of "lame RPers"? Actually, they'd probably stay around just waiting for an opportunity to be an @ss.

The only way to handle non-RPers in an RP situation is to kill them. Yes, you heard me right. As soon as they start spouting their inane l33t crap, say "This person appears to be mentally imbalanced. He's not even speaking Common! He's a threat, we must dispatch him!" (In a 25% or 0% zone) ... in higher zones all you can really do is ignore him. Hopefully, there should be enough people around annoyed by idiocity to make it a fairly predictable battle.

Yes, I suppose that would disrupt an event almost as much as the l33t haxx0r in question, but what else is there to do?

Nice to hear that FC isn't afraid to smack someone around for acting like a fool.

I have not yet been to an event, so I guess I can't really say how they should be handled. I'm still learning how to play, leveling up, learning the world a little bit. I've been doing RP on the forums, but it's easy to do it here. In game can be a different story.

Anyway, I'll quit rambling. Good points, everyone.

- Sllaagor
    Clan Atrox Enforcer

i totally agree, i hate people("Quakers", "Counter Strikers") ruining the events for most of use with "Omni Tek rules" "Clan rules, omni tek suxxor" lines. GMs should have the power to mute event spoilers

Re: "RP Only" server probably a pipe dream ...

Originally posted by Sllaagor
    I think having an RP only server is a great idea, but probably impractical.

How would you enforce your "RP Only" edict? How do you stop the l33t haxx0rs from logging in? Assume that if they do, they will log back out because of "lame RPers"? Actually, they'd probably stay around just waiting for an opportunity to be an @ss.
    Actually, Dark Age of Camelot offers two roleplay servers, and they function very well. Repeated violations of the ‘roleplay rules agreement’ you acknowledge on your way into the game will eventually lead to banishment from the roleplay servers, suspension from the game in it’s entirety, and even termination of your account. These rules cover everything from naming policies, communication, and behavior at events. If these rules seem too harsh or something you don’t think you can live under, there are a dozen plus other non-roleplay servers to choose from. Encouragingly enough, both roleplay servers usually are on the higher end of the population scale.

Needless to say, people do roleplay on these servers (although let’s face it.. not everyone is a great roleplayer, but usually the attempt is there). And, because people who want to roleplay tend to flock to these servers, they are usually very quick to police each other and come down on anyone who intentionally and repeatedly breaks out of character.

The short of this is simply that roleplay servers can be done and have been proven to work so long as the company is willing to enforce it's rules.

Smile Great!

Hey, that's great ... good for DAoC ... I'm impressed ...

And, basically, the impetus is back on the company to make provisions for such a thing. It's nice to see that one company
    does. That is pretty much the only one I know of, though.
    One out of however many MMORPGs ...

I may have to check DAoC out ...

- Sllaagor
    Clan Atrox Enforcer

Actually...

DAoC now has THREE roleplaying servers. And they are very well attended.

Meridian59 had a type of "prison" that GMS would send misbehaving players to. It was a room. Just that, a room. You couldn't get out of it and you couldn't talk to anyone while within it. Logging out did not help, the punishment was in real time.

It worked really well at lease until 3DO decided they didn't really care anymore and stopped enforcing it (this was after EQ launched and Meridian59 for all intents and purposes was dying anyway).

Funcom has the right to change the EULAS anytime they want to. So they can add the proviso that disrupting events are grounds for temporary banishment (ie the player is sent away after warnings and not allowed back into the zone until the event is over).

Let's face it the kiddies that cause this type of grief aren't that many but they can ruin an entire event. If they get bent out of shape because they are being required to act like mature people instead of the spoiled brats that they are and they decide to leave the game will anyone really miss them?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

roleplaying

Having a seperate roleplaying server is not a good idea. You may need it on DOAC where the game is all about P v P but AO is not like that. EQ has almost all roleplaying playing servers and just seperate P v P ones. AO is the best of worlds where P v P's and rpers are all on the same world. To suggest people that P v P dont want to roleplay is silly. Also the same is true of roleplayers we dont want to do that all the time P v P can be fun too. Having seperate servers is a set back in game play.

After all this is a roleplaying game and we all have a role to play. I understand that some people dont want to spend a lot of time RPing but thats find by me.

The problem is not that people are not roleplaying its people who are basically beening rude. If we have another server it will not not stop these people anyway. What we need as in the real world, some order not to be divided off from one another.

FC need to take more control at events and punish people but also be seen to punish people. If people see this type of action will not be accepted then it will all die down

Kirrana

Well, the reason for a RPG server and non-RPG server isn't for a us versus them (PvP) mentality. The reason for the two servers, is for two different levels of enforcement. It's like the difference between martial-law and a open democracy.

The current system we have on both RK servers is an *VERY* open democracy where people can pretty much do and say what they want (with the rare exception where it seriously violates the EULA).

But what we usually get during events, is that people start clamouring up for the soap-box position and yelling "What about our profession (insert nerf). Funcom Suxxors!"

That's fine and dandy - those people are surely entitled to their own opinions - but rarely in RL do ever see that sort of display to the extent we see in-game. Why? Because there's no enforcement in AO, like many have pointed out.

In RL, towns and cities usually have bylaws against such things (if not federal laws) and the nice policemen in uniforms come escort you off the park property if you're rowdy enough.

So why not give GM's the policing powers? They have them; but again, because of public relations issues, using them is forbidden except in clear-cut cases. Shouting 'Funcom Suxxors' is not grounds for banishment, at least according to the current rules. Besides, people would start complaining about their *right* to play.

Now, this is where the two server idea comes in. The second server (which I never defined as a RPG only server) has rather harsh enforcement of 'acceptable' behavior. What is 'acceptable' behavior? Well, it'll be hard to define in lots of detail and to tell the truth, they shouldn't have to. This is martial law. And like in martial law, if you violate imposed curfews for instance, you accept the consequences. There's no need for Funcom to waste their time with a court-appeal system in this case. Those on the RPG server understand what's at stake. There's still the standard lax server that they can play on.

You can choose to place your character on whichever server you want. No one said all PvPers must stay on the first one. But, regardless of how you play, the second one is reserved for mature players (and I'm not talking about age here).

I hate repeating myself.. and to those who got it the first time, please bear with me as I try to refine my explanation. To everyone else, I hope you see what I'm getting at this time around... if not... *takes a deep breath*...

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski

Another option

Well you could always take the half-way approach and have one or two of the new _playfields_ being developed be specifically roleplay. They could modify the TOS to address these issues ("players entering these playfields must adhere .... accept ... blah, blah'). They should be safe as these would not affect the existing playfields.

The more I think of this, the more I think it's a great solution. It maintains the current mixture of RP/dewd community (IMHO, a good thing) while providing a refuge for the RPer. Kinda like a nature reserve. A single playfield the size of Clon**** should be more than adequate to provide meeting backdrops, strategic dispute areas and the like, and possibly a city like Den Hague (sp?) which could be a neutral political Mecca where summits and tribunals might be held in peace. Don't want to RP? Don't zone in. If you do, understand the consequences of misbehavior.

If anyone is entertaining the idea of Jobe being restricted to Nanomage, then it's just as feasible to restrict The Big One or The Reck to RP'ers or d00ds who can keep their mouths shut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast