Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix Nano Techs

NT nukes should land most of the time. With NR at 100%, they don't. It really is that simple. Ask any NT how often FIM (a 75% NR nuke) gets countered, and tell me that 50-60% is too low.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by p0is0n
    *sigh*
    That was by Billy Connolly (a great comedian) - I got that DVD for christmas, strange coincidence eh?
    (I'm quite good to have around for useless facts).

I agree that the NTs are a bit short-changed when it comes to the higher levels, but most proffessions are from what I gather. The whole problem of fumbling/resists are a problem.
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

I used to be able to AE nuke centered on myself... was a good way to ensure I was getting everything and not have to try to tab through a bunch of corpses to find something I could throw the next one at.

Can't do this anymore. My own NR vs. AE nukes is too high and I actually counter about 2/3 of them.... and if the target counters it, it is countered for everything in range.

This is a real pain in PvP... because it means I end up tabbing through for a green target to center it on... not because I like ganking lower levels... but because the odds of getting countered and wasting the whole effort when I target a level 200... are way too high.

-------------------

As to the rest of the problems with NT... the profession's not in bad shape... but mainly, when people are referring to NT-X as being able to outdamage someone else... or as being a great teammate or PvP'r... it's because that player has gone above and beyond in their use of the profession. The people who could not have usually given up and shifted to something easier.

I would love to see NT get some of the love that the community has asked for... but I hope that we never get everything that has been asked for. I'd hate to see NTs end up with a swarm of power hungry idiots like has happened to certain other professions when they got their 'adjustments.'

Many of the problems could be fixed without significant modification to our existing abilities. A way to set up a 'chain' of nanoformulas would overcome lost time due to synch/lag problems. Repairs to the fumbling/blackholing problems (maybe a log/tally of initiated casts vs. successful casts to prove that we're staying at around 3%). Another look at the countering issues for hostile nanos (now that NR is working at all, lets tune it to work right). And most of these fixes wouldn't be beneficial only to NTs...

nanopool / HE / nano cost .... well, there's a lot of ways that this is a problem... and under most circumstances i disagree that it is a problem at all. The only times that I believe it is a problem are those when i am no longer involved in any fight. When the battles are over... I would like to be able to fully recharge and I'd like to be able to do it before the team has run to the next mob and started beating on it already. but... if we get a better HE... if we have better nano kits to use in battles... then what is the advantage of player X having a 6k nano pool and player Y having only a 3k nano pool? of course... some comparison with damage recovery vs damage output might be appropriate. if its costing the NT 2k nano to cause 10k damage (3-5 nukes)... and its costing the doc only 1400 (1 CH) to heal it... (I've compared NT vs doc here, because they are each supposed to be the best at this particular thing... MA healing takes almost as much more nano over NT damage as doc is under). and, of course, the soldier/enforcer/agent could be doing that 10k without nano cost at all...

There are some damage balance issues... too many NTs are causing/relying on damage output from weapons that we probably shouldn't even be able to use because without those weapons, our damage output isn't close to comparable. this would be fixed by the cyberdeck/anti-weapon device that has been talked about by FC... of course, though we were told about this gadget, we haven't received any updates... which only makes us grit our teeth more and more each patch.

in summary... NT isn't gimped... it does need some fixing and generally, the things that would really fix NT would probably be beneficial to all in-combat nano users. a few other little things to adjust the profession so we don't disappear into the background except when someone wants to pull us out en masse for the AE nuking on the battlefield... and we should be alright.

jaesic
    176 nt (rk2)

I thought AoE's could be cast on a target other then yourself??

Just dont target the enf (pretty easy to recognise) or fixer in GA (again, easy to recognise) and you should be fine.

I thought AoE's could be cast on a target other then yourself??

Just dont target the enf (pretty easy to recognise) or fixer in GA (again, easy to recognise) and you should be fine.
    Sure... can target it on whoever I want... but as I stated above... if that person you target happens to resist it, it has no effect at all. Not no effect on the target... but no effect period. This means you have to pick a target that is likely not to resist it...

right now... pretty much anyone 190+ (ie... anyone with the IP to max NR) has a better than even chance of resisting it. I wish it were as simple as simply avoiding only enforcers and GA fixers.

Maybe we can arrange a demonstration so those of you who haven't experienced this first hand can see just how often people (and high end mobs) counter hostile nanos.

Hate to burst your little rant bubble, but i got nukes too, and they get resisted as well, i know it might be hard to understand cuz i mean, im no NT now.. but no demonstration will be necessary,

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    NT nukes should land most of the time. With NR at 100%, they don't. It really is that simple. Ask any NT how often FIM (a 75% NR nuke) gets countered, and tell me that 50-60% is too low.
    What I normally see is NT's complaining about 130% resist nukes, I think a lowering of all nukes to 100% would make them happy with those.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

eh... the two things NTs need most are a MC buff and more nanodelta... :P

if you're complaining about anything else, you just don't have your priorities straight... heh, especially when it comes to NS. Some people say they want it in stores, I say, if it was in stores, I don't doubt the pricetag would probably be the same. Maybe more. Would you complain if paying 75mil was the only way to get NS1?

p.s. fixers are too powerful, even without GA. They still have heals, CDS, speed, great tradeskills and fixer grid. not to mention about a bzillion other things. So they neither needed every bit of luv nor are they gimp soldiers sans GA.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Hate to burst your little rant bubble, but i got nukes too, and they get resisted as well, i know it might be hard to understand cuz i mean, im no NT now.. but no demonstration will be necessary,
    Nah, i'm not ranting... if i were ranting... well, i wouldn't be one of the people arguing for sane solutions... i'd be demanding super high dmg nukes, NR debuffs, HEs that sound like fixer HoTs on steroids... etc... and there are people advocating for all those things.

But here's something to think about. Your nukes get resisted too, right? What's the basis for resisting a nuke? In your case, its MC/PM in a slightly uneven mix (For us its MC)... vs. our opponents NR. My details here refer to your nuke Mind Quake...

Your nano skill req's are 818/743... high, but doable without buffs for most 150+ characters, I'd say. Damage total is 746-1515 energy in 4.19/1.82 secs. This nuke resists at 100% NR.

Speed wise, our nearest nuke is probably Ferocious Impactor Missile... everything higher has at least double the recharge time. Requires 747 MC, does 528-1057 dmg in 3.55/1.46 secs. It has a resistance of 75% NR.

It would seem that FIM would have a good chance to be resisted a lot less... and with all other things equal, it would be. But... if both the NT and the MP had the same base MC/PM stats (very likely if both are same breed, title capped and similarly equipped), the MP will have an operating MC of 140 higher... which has a significant impact on the base chance to get the nuke through without a counter.

Now... the NT could get the MP to buff him/her... and resolve that discrepancy... but there isn't always an MP handy to do so. The MP always has that option, even if they have to buff two skills to do it.

And of course, in PvP... this fast lower damage nuke can kill the NT as quick as his/her opponent (high reflects will make the NT regret ever arming this nuke). Our higher nukes, with much slower recharge times (even when instacast) also tend to run 100% and higher... and are resisted as much as the MP is (when the MP has only an expertise buff running).

and while its rarely the case these days... MPs and Crats do not rely on only their nukes and a weapon... they have pets as well (I'll admit they don't work as well as we'd like them to, but you do have them).

nevertheless... as i state in my post above... i think this NR functionality should be looked at... across the board... i think we went from it not working at all to a little bit the other extreme. and i think that should apply to everyone... not just NTs.

Originally posted by Cronos

What I normally see is NT's complaining about 130% resist nukes, I think a lowering of all nukes to 100% would make them happy with those.
    100% resists are countered by team mission bosses in level 190-195 missions probably 1 in 4... maybe 1 in 3. Its about the same for players with maxed NR (anyone over... say... level 185 these days). Against uniques of level 200+ (or towers level 200+) that goes up (or down) to maybe 1 in 20.. or worse. thats the 100% ones... the ones above that... don't get used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12