Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix Nano Techs

Fix Nano Techs

I read some where someone complaining about NTs newfound gimpness. I started my char at time when players felt we were way to strong, like when we could duel wield pillows, how was that too powerful, gimmie a break. Now my NT is almost useless. I am level 167 and capped all around. Gimmie back my ability to equip two pillows, not that I would since its just an ip sink.
    Why do I have high damage nano programs if all NPC'S counter my attacks, seven out of ten times I get countered, 2 times I fumble, and 1 time due to being interupted by an ENFORCER. NTs were able to solo reds please tell me what was wrong with that. Now I can barely solo my own level mission with out dying a couple of times. When I group with a team I am just a Wallflower standing there, I serve no purpose, just mooching xp off of team mates because the boss has high nano resist. Mind you not just the boss, all NPCs in general.
    Why is grid armor more available than nullity sphere. Somethin wrong with that picture.
    Now we got smurfs running around with grid armor on and act like there god. I can not find nullity sphere unless I pay 50 million credits. Thats Highway robbery.
    Funcom u nerf our calms to keep us from calming ql 200 mission's, which I still do anyway but it has become very hard.
    But its okay to give fixers the following things:
    1) The nice fixer grid
    2) You give them HOTS
    3) They have the best run buffs ingame
    4) Most of all grid armor which is supposed to be rare drop.
    I have been told by some fixers they can solo high level missions, while the NTs get the shaft. How is this balanced, well its not.
    The answer is simple I need to make a fixer so I can replace my NTs greatness.
    Well thats not gonna happen. So you want balance nerf ALL fixers or give NTs back what you took away.
    I have more problems here than I care too discuss here. I like my NT so please fix this prof. Next to the engineer we have the worst pistol skills. Pepper pistol is lame other than its mods.
    I feel nothin will change by posting here but its worth a try.
    Think I whined enough.
    The world is full of A-- H---s and we live in a pile of poop.

Waaaah.

**** off.

(Nice link, poison. )
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Hey that made my day

Re: Fix Nano Techs

Originally posted by Blessedone
    I can not find nullity sphere unless I pay 50 million credits. Thats Highway robbery.
    {clip}
    I have been told by some fixers they can solo high level missions, while the NTs get the shaft. How is this balanced, well its not.
    {clip}
    The answer is simple I need to make a fixer so I can replace my NTs greatness.
    You whine about having to pay 50 million credits for one item (that only marginally increases your effectiveness)? The poor fixer that you so envy will likely have to pay more than 50 million for the smallest of Grid Armors, 500+ million for the last of the Grid Armors. Nullity is a lot cheaper than Grid Armor.

Fixers can solo and you can't? Something is wrong with you. An NT doesn't need Nullity or any of the uber-boss dropped nanos to be effective. A fixer without Grid Armor is a gimp soldier who only has a future in team play.

Make a fixer? You whine about how weak NTs are, you're in for a big surprise if you think that being a uber fixer is easy or cheap.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

well everybody is entitled an opinion

so here is mine:

fixers atm > nt until the cap blessed is in at least.

the only problem is that you cannot swing a dead rollerrat without hitting a fixer or twelve so finding a team can be hard.

i mentioned the level quoted by blessed because right there a nt should be starting to take off. you have finally ip to play around with things since you are both title and race capped.

if you pick up a gun you should do mad damage and finally be able to sink ip into body dev and evades like there is no tomorrow to survive getting the aggro this generates.

what i do not like is that a nt sinking ip into his weapon likely has the cyberdeck due to come soon (tm) lodged in their mind.

unless this thing is as easy and as powerfull as the fixer nano enhancer and equipping it throws some iprs i predict a great wailing and gnashing of teeth should i finally live to see it arrive on rk.

* oh and a fixer needing grid armor?

thats odd, i never heard you NEEDED it for pvm - compared to the soldier a fixer has a couple of tricks up his sleeve that work as well as a mirror if not better altogether.*
    Last edited by Blackwing; Jan 3rd, 2003 at 15:23:15.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Hey go ahead an bash me, My NT is uber. But as mentioned I am capped now its ip for trade skills or whatever else I can sink ip into. Yes I did go overboard whining, I was ticked that I keep dying in solo mission's and being countered. I really don't have anything against fixers but I think they got way too much stuff. I am able to cast Last Word with a mocham's MC. This is the lame nano for cast rate 20secs come on. Wasting that time casting it only to be countered, wth. On the flip side if you hit max dmg (never ever seen my nt do that with any nano) I come close but rare makes it worth it. My idea of calm, hit, calm, hit, calm, dead is not how I want to play. I should be able to fight like I did when I was level 10. Still pack a punch and take damage while waiting for recharge to come back. I still am learning on what nano's to use become more effective when soloing. Last word is more or less for the NT soloing, you can use in team mission like on the boss (counters everything every 4 hits).:roll eyes:
    I think paying 500+ for grid armor is highway robbery. I see so many fixers with it, how can one really pay for it. (millons of mission or borrow money).
    I find since NTs are based on Nano damage, we should have never been nerfed. And shops should stock rechargers above 125+. If that doesn't seem fair make getting ammo mission only. Now thats a stupid idea.:rolls eyes: I say that because nano is our ammo.
    Everthing I say will always raise agruments. I would like a fellow NT to put me in check.

never will be able to understand NT complaints. Get 3 MC clusters, a boat load of MC boosting weapons, Super duper Nanomage only gear, NS, Enframs, easy damage type switching, nukes the size of anothers burst.

Apparently you arent very uber. Whining about not soloing reds? guess you havent tried hard.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

LOL...

..just...LOL
    .: Naraya :.

Hello once again,

Instead of bashin me. Can anyone lead me to website for nanotechs. After chattin with some peeps online I have been miss informed about my prof. After all I hope there are poeple willing help others.

In case you didn't notice, Rudeboyz is a troll. Surprise! And Hoops has been anti- NT ever since the Fixer- Zappers no NT really wanted anyway.

Fixers needed every bit of the loving they got. But I stopped playing mine because of the "swing a dead roller rat and you'll hit a fixer or 12" phenominon. (spelling)

You should however never complain about your own classes gimpness (my main is an NT) by comparing it to another class.
    This can only result in tons of negativity from those classes you compare yourself with.

The NT's worst problem in pvm is nanopool. Especially in teams where it takes you 3 or four charges to refill your nanopool. This IS highly annoying.

The NT will never be as uber as Enforcer or Doctor or Soldier (talking high levels) in pvp as we will never get an "alpha" series of nanos. You can bet your a@@ on that one. Resonance Blast doesn't count.

We can be effective against a small number of classes in pvp. But pvp is mostly rock paper scissors as far as duels so I wouldn't really consider our gimpness in that area important. If they make us able to kill a class we will kill them every time- so you won't get fights with that class anyway.

Thank you for the advice. I think things are looking better now. When I typed this post I was having a bad hair day. Since then been able to collect my thoughts and enjoy playing the game once again. No neggative comments can break my spirit.

The world is full of a** h***s, and we live in a pile of poop.

Originally posted by Rudeboyz
    never will be able to understand NT complaints. Get 3 MC clusters, a boat load of MC boosting weapons, Super duper Nanomage only gear, NS, Enframs, easy damage type switching, nukes the size of anothers burst.

Apparently you arent very uber. Whining about not soloing reds? guess you havent tried hard.

Uhm, Rude?

Triple implanted MC: Well, given that that's their main "weapon" and they can't wrangle into higher ql than they can self-equip, this isn't exactly uberizing.

MC boosting weapons: +30 is 'bout the highest you can get off of a weapon, and then you have to totally give up weapon damage.

Nanomage-only gear: You do realize that not all NT's are nanomages, right?

NS: Rare nano. Rather expensive (though calms certainly help make that cash.) Nice nano, but it doesn't make you invulnerable. (Never team with a NT who's just gotten NS. They overestimate it and die plenty.)

Enfraam's: A total joke. This nano-line is not worth the NCU.

Damage type switching: Nice in PvP, useless in PvM, as AC doesn't effect nukes. (Though it should, I think. But to rebalance that would take way more work than is reasonable to expect from Funcom.)

Nukes the size of burst: Yep, they are big hits. . . and the day I see a NT nuking for hours at 1/1 without needing to stop to renano, that will matter.

I'm not saying NT's are gimped, far from it, they are actually in quite solid shape as a class (other than needing some nukes in the 850-1K MC range and a rework of Enfraam's), but they are not uber.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

AC type is effected in pvm, thats y VS RM enforcer type mobs, my cold nuke out damages my Mind Quake (Energy) Nuke.. not only on being resisted less, but actually hits harder.

yes. ac does effect nukes. try nuking yourself with a low nuke. It'll do minimum every time. Same for mobs.

Whoops.
    I just saw Finger's post on this subject in the NT forums. Sorry bout that.
    --

If NTs need anything fixed, it is the insanely high NR on the majority of their nanoformulas.
    .: Naraya :.

Nah, make the high end uber-mobs have lower NR, and give NT's NR debuffs.
    --

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Nah, make the high end uber-mobs have lower NR, and give NT's NR debuffs.
    Doesn't fix the "can't nuke very well in PvP" problem.

Give 'em lower NR on their formulas. It'd, quite simply, forever stop the whinging back and forth over whose nukes are better. If NTs good nukes, like IEF, had a 50-60% NR, then... well, I'd like to say you wouldn't be able to find an NT to insist that crat/Mp nukes are better, but I know better than that.

If NT nukes had halved NR, you wouldn't be able to find an intelligent NT who would insist that the crat/MP nukes are better.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

50-60% is insanely low...100% is what all nukes should be IMO.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast