Thread: Results of the Crowd Limiting Poll (so far). Funcom we need a response!

Results of the Crowd Limiting Poll (so far). Funcom we need a response!

The community was asked if Crowd Limiting was a good change or a bad change, and whether or not if should be removed or left in place.

Of the 113 people who voted thus far:

17.7% voted it was a good change.

82.3% voted it was a BAD CHANGE

The link to the voting is in my sig. But this brings a good question into play. Considering through the course of the voting the %s stayed relatively the same, why is Funcom continually making changes that only please 17.7% of the community?

Why do you continue to push a concept that is hated to the point of puking (on my part) by your player base? I would rather swim in raw sewage then play this game with crowd limiting. I have no plans to reactivate my account simply because this BS concept is in game still even though it's despised.

We need a response.

The problem is that even though you started a poll, the people who happily play this game dont go on the forums past the trade ones, so your figures there account for the disgruntled population that is bored of the game.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Cronos
    The problem is that even though you started a poll, the people who happily play this game dont go on the forums past the trade ones, so your figures there account for the disgruntled population that is bored of the game.
    The only truth in your statement is that the only people who can vote are the ones who view the boards and that not everybody who plays the game does.

You have no proof in assuming the type of players that visit the boards.

However, i'll bite. If Funcom's only communication is with people on these boards, then they should have never implemented crowd limiting because people here HATE it. If you put a similar official poll on the log on screen, I will bet money that the results will be the same.

I am highly satisfied with the game, however I visit the forums quite frequently (though I may not post every day, I certainly visit at least twice a day). I believe it's a mark of ignorance to buy a product and not at least check the forums every week or so to see what the developers and other players have to say, especially in a dynamic environment such as an MMORPG. And personally, if someone is too uncaring to visit the forums, his opinion isn't important enough to be counted in a poll anyway.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Honestly though, there are players who like the game and look at the forums, but in general I find the people who dont go on the forums are the ones that are having too much fun in game. How did I first visit the forums? Well....I was bored with playing the game, actually trying to think of why there was any reason to play it at all...and what do I do-- I come here. (luckily I dont play my engineer anymore )
    Cronoco

Honestly though, there are players who like the game and look at the forums, but in general I find the people who dont go on the forums are the ones that are having too much fun in game. How did I first visit the forums? Well....I was bored with playing the game, actually trying to think of why there was any reason to play it at all...and what do I do-- I come here. (luckily I dont play my engineer anymore )
    That's wrong.

What would be a more accurate description would be that the nature of forum postings is that there is no reason to post unless you have a problem with the game or want to talk about strategy. Strategy has been posted 300 thousand times, which leaves gripes.

Nobody wants to post "Just wanted to say I love playing this game!" People with no complaints literally have nothing to post.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    Nobody wants to post "Just wanted to say I love playing this game!" People with no complaints literally have nothing to post.
    LOL. I actually saw one of those posts in the engi forum no less...(before the last couple of patches) the complainers came in and filled it with negativity

There are 5 types of people on these forums (please don't flame if I forgot one, a bit tired atm):

-People who hope to better the game by posting suggestions/bugs/everything that possibly annoys them.
    -People who dont like the game in its current state and voice it clearly.
    -People who feel like as customers they need to be informed.
    -People who are bored at work/in general.
    -People who like debating over strategies/guides.

All posters fit one or more of these demographics, with very very few exceptions. (The market forums being one exception)

My point here is that your missing a key part of the AO population, the part that likes it. They would probably vote no, but some would vote yes, because they understand that more people in an area take a toll on the server and make unnessary lag (who needs greys watching the battle anyway). As for the people that want to defend but can't go in, see below.

Btw in your poll I voted no, but there are ways of seeing this.

Funcom is by no means a Sony or Westwood, and probably doesn't have the resources to buy new state of the art servers to handle everything. Or, you could say that as a paying customer your $13/month should go into the servers... but that discounts the fact that FC employs need to be paid . As for how much money they make every month it's debatable, as little as 1000 people could be playing this game, or as many as 5000 (or more I suppose...).

The real poll is if all the customers are willing to pay an extra couple of dollars/euros/etc to upgrade the servers so they can handle more than a set number. I'd like to see the results of that one .

Hmm not quite sure to say "flame on" or not. I'll strap get in my fireman's suit anyway.
    Last edited by Cronos; Jan 4th, 2003 at 11:19:26.
    Cronoco

My point here is that your missing a key part of the AO population, the part that likes it. They would probably vote no, but some would vote yes, because they understand that more people in an area take a toll on the server and make unnessary lag (who needs greys watching the battle anyway). As for the people that want to defend but can't go in, see below.
    My point is that people who enjoy this game DO lurk, they just don't post very often. However I do believe they annonymously reply to polls.

But like I said, there is one way to truely find out. Put a similar poll on the login screen. The results would be the same.

Put the real question as a poll

The real poll is if all the customers are willing to pay an extra couple of dollars/euros/etc to upgrade the servers so they can handle more than a set number. I'd like to see the results of that one .
    Cronoco