Thread: OK...This is just INSANE!!

OK...This is just INSANE!!

My lvl 51 Soldier in a 45% mission is hitting for 1 firggin point of dammage with his best gun!!??!! I have a QL 52 gun that stats are 1-160(2) and In a mission and it looks like this. 1-1-1-2-3(f)1-1-1.....

In the mean time the green mob is hitting for 75-75-138-80-...

W T F !!!

I feel like this game is being made harder and harder just so the people that exploit or over equip dont lvl so fast. This now means if I dont find some exploit something I can no longer keep up.

I dont want to see the game be easy or any thing but comeon!!

Im now out of cash, you fixed mission distance (thank you) but Ill never know if you fixed the reward because I cant get by the first mob. I have tried 4 different guns now and Im broke. Totaly. With no way to get any more credits. If this is the way it is intended to be how bout a forum on"How to exploit" or

"How to equip a gun 50-80 lvl's above your own"

Is this how its gona stay???
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

overequippin wont even help you much with this one, human mobs have ridiculous AC now

the "Is this how its gona stay???" is a very good question though, i too would like an answer to it

"Is this how its gona stay???"

No don't worry. Next patch the game will be remarkebly harder. Just like every patch.
    Because see there's a million bugs in the game, and Funcom makes sure they fix the ones that make the game enjoyable first.

Like "Player were able to solo green mobs, this was a bug and has been fixed. Mobs AC have been increased."

You should get a better gun.

A QL52 gun on a L51 soldier sounds a little low. At level 40 I had several QL70-72 rifles that I switched between for various specials. And I don't consider it exploitation or anything, I was able to equip every one of them by using my own buffs.

But still, doing 1 hp damage to a mob sounds wrong. Someone needs to take a look at the balancing of mission mobs. To me it looks like the same mob in a mission and outside are two completely different things.

Lets say a "Hardened Convict" that is yellow. In the mission it has insane AC, making it almost impossible to kill it. If you find the exact same mob outside you will kill it with ease, doing the damage you could expect from looking at your guns statistics.

QLs for guns

ZenBeck your gun is WAY to low for you. I have a 39 Agent using a 51 rifle. No twinks or buffs needed. I do have some QL30 implants (one faded and one bright).

I "heard" that heavy damage is better than quick weak damage. I am not positive on this but it seems to work for me. Agents below lvl 50 have a wide choice of rifles. The Gripo generally is a strong choice because it shoots fast. I chose other brands becasue their low damage is higher even though they shoot slower.

Also, and way more important, I have raised my evades. Implants and IPs. I set my agg/def bar to about 60%. I had to play with this a little and 60 ended up being optimome for strong MOBs.

I have stood and slugged it out with heavy yellows to the tune of six 1st aides! I also have my 1st aide as high as I can and buff it. I do retreat once in awhile but not often. I am NOT uber by any means. I buf my rifle with a nano that adds 4pts per hit and I use "lethargy" on every MOB- this means they can't dodge me as much. My minimum is low and hits more often than I like but with the extra 4 pts. it is usually enough.

Remember now, no bursts. Single shot only and no aimed shots. My order of preference is:
    weapon,
    armor,
    implants,
    skills (attack and evade equal) then
    armor.

Wish you well. I know how frustrating it can get.

A QL52 gun is ridiculously low for your level.

My Soldier, using self buffs only, uses a Novaflow 40 QLs higher than her level (QL104).

But the AC on some humanoid mobs is simply insane.

I played my crat twink on Friday. He's using a QL51 Sentinels ETE Strike gun at level 22. Came across an orange Soldier mob in a mission.... Was hitting for 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5.....
    I thought I was going mad... the Sentinels ETE is one of the few decent pistols.

On my Meta, my pet usually hits for 350-450.
    On the weekend, some mobs in missions (usually low green or grey) were getting hit for 210-220.

Very odd

Unhappy Traders perspective

Hey all,

Have seen a signifigant change with this patch as well. I am only 41st level (and using a QL88 Vektor...using Trader buffs and QL50 Implants I built and installed myself). AC had definitely been seriously increased. It doesn't seem to be so bad at lower levels, but I am doing about 1/3 my normal damage range on green/yellow mops of certain types. It isn't all human mobs, and not even all of one type. I am going to experiment around with it today and see if I can figure out which mobs it effects. I personally hope that someone forgot to carry a '1' or added an extra zero somewhere. I can still hack it up to mid-orange, but even a deep orange is out of my range now (used to be able to take a single red). Not gamebreaking for me, but definitely a little frustrating. I hope FC will do a little code check and figure it out.

Emmily, Level 41 Trader on RK2
    "I am jsut a poor girl trying to make her way in the world. So hand over the Creds and noone gets killed."

PS: Are you on RK1 or RK2?

I'm not having much of any probs myself, except for the friggin mission distance.

45 fixer w/ ql 86 mausser

You are right...my gun is low, but due to nerfing I put alot of ip points into areas that are just about toast. I should have rerolled but....I didnt. I have done ok as long as my gun is 1-5 QL's higher than me.

Im not b!tching about not being able to solo yellow or orange mobs here. Im talking greens in 40% missions. Dark greens. Thats the only missions I can ever take and have the best chance at finishing it in an hour or so and I am fine with that.

What I am not fine with is spending big credits for a gun that says it hits for 1-160+ (and its kinda slow) going into a mission and seeing...1-1-1-1-1..... ARGH!! That sucks

RK-1
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Minimum damage? It's all anyone ever hits for nowadays. Consider yourself lucky if you manage more than minimum damage versus ... anything.