Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get MP buffs!

Re: Re: A bizzare thought

Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    Heheh, I was going to mention that too...If im shouting LFG outside of Tir and someone within my level range asks for a buff, it's rather simple...they don't get buffed
    Frankly, the only time I go looking for MP buffs is when I am soloing. Mochies make an enormous difference to a soloing doc. (BM/MM mochs means you just might survive when that Trader drains you.)
    Refusing to buff anyone who doesn't team you is a rather bastardly action.

Of course, I always take Engies/MPs for any team I'm in, since I mostly hunt outdoors, and both classes posess the power to *own* outdoors.
    *shrug*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I would like to stress some more that as long as you are polite and even toss on a happy smiley face like this Im sure you will get your buffs. Offering a tip is also a good way to ensure your buffing. And as previosly stated, what we want to avoud and what makes us so angry is "MOHIAMS PLZZZ!! NOW! TS/MC!!!" or "bm/mm mochies pls"
    Talornin the cranky and rude Meta-Physicist.
    When in danger
    When in doubt
    Run in circels
    Scream and shout!

Talornin was born on Wed Dec 26 21:36:26 2001
    Talornin dinged 220/30/70 on Sat Apr 12 13:24:24 2014

Finally!

Re: Re: Re: A bizzare thought

Originally posted by Kenlon

Frankly, the only time I go looking for MP buffs is when I am soloing. Mochies make an enormous difference to a soloing doc. (BM/MM mochs means you just might survive when that Trader drains you.)
    Refusing to buff anyone who doesn't team you is a rather bastardly action.

Of course, I always take Engies/MPs for any team I'm in, since I mostly hunt outdoors, and both classes posess the power to *own* outdoors.
    *shrug*
    And, Kenlon, that's why Engineers have a soft spot in my heart when it comes to them asking for nanoskill buffs. I realize that even after the recent love, most Engineers are relegated to soloing or hunting for experience (much like us MP's). They get their Mochams.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Casting one mochams is easy yes. But casting 3 of them every five minutes you happen to be in an aerea with ppl can be annoying.

Swapping implants once or twice isn't that bad. Swapping implants, shuffling my inventory around, and swapping items on and off every 5 minutes can be annoying.

I fly to the top of the tower on platform in Ent and stay there (in my yalm) to get away. I am /anon have been for a long time. Ppl fly up there and ask me! I have to get out of my yalm, buff myself with 3xinfuses and Odins, THEN cast Mochams. I dont mind doing this, but I DO mind getting tells ike this "MC/TS mochies pls" or "MC/TS pls" or "mochies pls" and I do mind to use 20 Nano kits in 15 minutes and get nothing back.

I go AFK in a backyard or not even in the game and I come back on and have some ql 212 nano to build. yipee.

This post doesnt say tht I dont want to cast mochams, I just want ppl to be polite and offer a tip. And I want ppl to understand if they get a "no" and not start to *****.

Mmm, wish it was that simple for me to cast mochams.. what if you had to get a wrangle and a treatment buff to cast them? How would you feel then?

Sorry if this seems like a flame or something, but I'm a bit sick of *****ing MPs about how much they hate buffing mochams.

~Chris

Hehe...
    I don't think Talornin meant the post to be a competition of who has it worse off...
    Just that it would be nice to see some politeness and respect upon requesting our services...
    Although it may be easy to cast Mochams, it can be burdensome at times...

Hehe...
    I don't think Talornin meant the post to be a competition of who has it worse off...
    Just that it would be nice to see some politeness and respect upon requesting our services...
    Although it may be easy to cast Mochams, it can be burdensome at times...
    My point and I asume Megabio's point was that they might get a lot of requests for their buffs, like many other professions.
    If you got trouble casting the buffs (you might need to buff other skills and such to be able to buff it) just say "no, sorry I cant do that" if you find it troublesome. if the people that request it starts to use profanity on you just ignore them, they realy hate it and will leave.

Among many of my chars im playing a fixer, im getting requestes for run buffs, NCU and HoTs all the time, and never once have I been tipped for casting them. I would like to note that casting a short hot is burning off 3/4 of my nano pool, the NCU buff takes a long time to cast. so basicly I got it as "bad" as he describes it, also I got to team with them to cast the NCU buff which realy takes a lot of time since 50% of the players that request it thinks you can cast it on them whitout being in a team.

I also got an trader who get requests for wrangles and tradeskill buffs evry so often.. and I have some cool-down time after each wrangle as im debuffed, people seldomly take that into account, and even more rarley that I need to deprive and such for the high end wrangles.

Thing is Most professions got one or more things that people would like to get from them frequently, at times if your one of the few that is online the pressure might be high as people often tell their friends/guild who just buffed them.

Im saying, ignore all the bastards who dont act the way you like it.
    if you want a tip for casting a buff specify that BEFORE you cast it so they can decline if they dont want to tip for it (and they probably mark you as an idiot on their "list" aswell. uhu big loss..)
    Also if you decline their request specify why, make an automated message that says "Sorry I can in no possible way know what you want as you only said "buff me mocham plzz!!1!!" So no, no buff for j00"
    or "if im to buff you you SHOULD be in my vicinity or ask where I am so that you can get there, im NOT gonna relocate to your place unless you pay alot of credits for my time"

and last to piss some MPs off, it seems that you guys got so little to do after lvl 125 that you come to these boards and rant about evrything
    I'll know evrything about that once I get to lvl my MP up more than he is now
    And maybe I'll kill myself due to evry profession I play get bombarded with tells requesting buffs, ahh the eternal silence
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Preach on, brotha Lumin, preach on brotha.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Wink I thought that it's not just the "hassle" of buffing mochs...

It's that MPs are expected to supply their mochams to a Rubi-Ka population that considers them nothing more than XP leeches that have no place in top-notch teams.

Perhaps that explains some of the rudeness encountered by MPs...why bother being polite to someone of a profession you have no intention of teaming with.

And that prolly explains why MPs tend to be a bit sensitive to that rudeness...we like teaming too!

My only peeve. Dont ask me for a mocham when you only need a teaching.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Re: I thought that it's not just the "hassle" of buffing mochs...

Originally posted by Dhalgren
    It's that MPs are expected to supply their mochams to a Rubi-Ka population that considers them nothing more than XP leeches that have no place in top-notch teams.

Perhaps that explains some of the rudeness encountered by MPs...why bother being polite to someone of a profession you have no intention of teaming with.

And that prolly explains why MPs tend to be a bit sensitive to that rudeness...we like teaming too!
    omg haven't checked this thread out in forever, but you hit the nail on the head man.

you know, I get invited to unique spawns alot and I used to think it was because folks were trying to be sensitive to the MP plight and invite me, even out of pity.

Turns out they wanted me to sit there and f***ing hand out buffs for three hours. I honestly don't even get invited to teams at unique camps, instead I just sit there by my lonesome. At some uniques like the polymorphed lunatic, my pet hits about 70% of the time. I take aggro alot at the polymorphed lunatic. I die alot at the polymorphed lunatic because nobody wanted me in their team. It's funny, because about a year ago when fixers sucked, MPs were the first ones to rally together to help show support for fixers. Now fixers refuse us teams.

It's not the buffing that bothers me, it's the fact that they'd rather beg me for buffs and grab another fixer that's 30 levels below me (happened rcently), then invite me to the team and then ask for the buffs.

my point of view

someone said it wasnt hard at all to cast mochams...
    i think it is.. this is my buffing program as lvl 155 to buff mochams
    SI: expertise and infuse
    PM: exp and infuse
    BM: exp or infuse (i take infuse since it lasts longer)
    Odins eye
    then i can buff mochams...
    docs at that lvl need only expertise or they can allready cast +80 with no other buffs at all.
    and that inviting a mp to team is charity?
    wtf. perhaps you are referring to nanomage which most of the times doesnt deal any damage at all .
    however mp atroxes with loads of hp and often deal great damage...charity? guess you have never teamed with a twinked mp atrox ........and on some cases mp nanomages are the best aswell..they chain cast mind quake and there you are..they are the ones that deal all the damage.
    Live long and prospor!

Wtf? Nanomage doesnt deal dmg? Im a level 150 Nanomage and I have equped a ql 200 X-3. With 700ish range init during a mission (cant remember how long) I alone, not counting nukes or pet did 33k dmg. We had a soldier that did 45ish k dmg. Now, you look me in the face and call that no damage at all? Pluss where it not for my mochams our engi would have to use a lower pet and NT would use lower nukes.
    When in danger
    When in doubt
    Run in circels
    Scream and shout!

Finally!

to talornin

ok tal.. i counted out the mps with x3...im sorry for leaving those out i wrote my post in anger since the last dewd said mp is charity ..but i also wrote that Some ...some NM deal good damage....but many i know dont...im sorry for all those who think im a jerk now ...wasnt my intend to write that it concerns all NM mp.
    Live long and prospor!

You are forigven! =)
    When in danger
    When in doubt
    Run in circels
    Scream and shout!

Finally!

deacon

i see your point i was invited yesterday to kill diamondine ..
    and what happens? yes about 150 of my friends ask me for buffs ...but then i got team since they were all my friends ...but i can put myself in your spot...im sorry to hear you didnt get a team and about that fixer neglecting us is totally correct...
    when mps rocked all wanted us but slowly during the time i was away for like 9 months they had us gimped..and now fixers are the only prof all want..but we mps had our share of the cake now i think its time to move away and let the fixers have some.
    but however dont say mps suck..without us mps mostly all docs, traders, engies, nts wouldnt be able to cast their highest nanos unless they are 170-190.
    but i know many docs appreciate a mp so they can cast complete heal. so mps dont cry out for nothing..one day hopefully soon they will ungimp mps so try and do the best of your time in ao and lvl alot and when the tables turn we also may be as evil as those opifex gimps

(last one was a jk so hopefully noone gets mad )
    Live long and prospor!

Re: I was just about to say...

Originally posted by Zarch
    MP's suck for parties 150+. Actually they do even before and taking MP to party is charity and they should be damn aware of it by now. So they are not helping their case by being *******s now are they?
    Funny. Only professions I don't consistently outdamage in xp teams are MAs/Traders/Agents/Enforcers. You must team with gimps.

Re: Re: I was just about to say...

Originally posted by Zylina

Funny. Only professions I don't consistently outdamage in xp teams are MAs/Traders/Agents/Enforcers. You must team with gimps.
    OH. MY. GOD.

TEH ZYZY IS BACK...and with a good point. As far as missions go, it's a pain in the arse to keep pets with you most of the time, but when you do, an MP does outdamage most professions, as wierd as that sounds. As for nanomage, I'm one of those nanomages that try like an atrox Even though I have less hp, I put that extra nanopool to good use

Here's a theoretical battle spam:

Thedeacon burst for 2-5000
    Thedeacon nukes for 736-1390ish and evokes pet
    teammember1 catches up and does a special
    pet hits for 1150
    pet hits for 1200

etc etc.

I use a manex, which may be hella slow even with 1062 init, but nukes fill in the gaps between shots, which in itself is equal damage to someone with a higher attack rating. Add the pet on there and you have decent damage. It's frustrating, frustrating work, but the damage is there. Outdoors, where there's no furniture to hump, pet classes fare even better.

The new revenant pet supposedly does more damage at level 162 and unbuffed than a fully buffed transcendent enmity pet, and the highest revenant will go up to like lvl 203. I've been extremely fortunate lately to get a good amount of teams, but if only folks would give us MPs a chance instead of just wanting buffs, they might just be pleasanty surprised
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Jan 21st, 2003 at 09:20:22.

Maybe you guys should print forms and have everyone sign them and have them verified by an local officer before proceeding to ask you for an buff...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Re: I was just about to say...

Originally posted by Zarch
    Something witty but what the hell. Just remember that things work both ways.

I see irritating MP who refuses to help (yes, I am usually one of those polite types who ask nicely, stand in front and gasp, even pay for service) just put his name up.

MP's suck for parties 150+. Actually they do even before and taking MP to party is charity and they should be damn aware of it by now. So they are not helping their case by being *******s now are they?

Zarch and da chars
    You an agent? Step into the arena with me and I'll show you how bad I suck, buddy

Last night we hit on an idea in guild chat.

There have been plenty of examples of "bad requests" for mochams in this forum, so pick one... and here's an answer -

"I'm sorry, but I'm an agent in FP. Want masteries?"

Works for +80 treatment requests too.

Oh, and by the way, I saw a thread a while back about traders who griped about wrangle requests. One thing I picked up from that thread is that I am not alone in wishing for one thing... use language I can understand. No leet speak, minimal abbreviations.

/tell <mp> Hi, can I tip you for mochams?

is short and perfect.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

LOL you know, traders and MPs gotta stick together.

I know traders that are so fed up that they go into sneak mode the entire time they're in towns. I guess the only difference between us is that folks actually PAY for their buffs X_X

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123