Thread: Question concerning Implant Disassembly Clinics

Question concerning Implant Disassembly Clinics

I have a question concerning Implant Disassembly Clinics and their usage. I am a level 171 engineer and, naturally, have invested a great deal of IP and time into tradeskilling. I do this primarily for the benefit of my guild, and rarely to earn personal profit from any other player. Nor do I practice tradeskills for the purpose of gaining XP.

My question is this:

Implant Disassemly Clinics have a WEAR requirement of Fixer, but do not include any class restriction for use (according to the description of the item). Now, with the rumors about that some individuals have been punished by Funcom for using this item to powerlevel, and the additional fact that many bugs are not "common knowledge" (ie. does not work as intended), I am very interested in clearing up my personal concern of whether or not I would be allowed to use this item LEGALLY to strip implants.

Raising B&E is not a problem for me at L171, and naturally using this item would accomodate the fact that I can also assemble QL200 implants without outside help. The ability to also strip them would be a nice skill to offer my guild. We do have fixers available, but only one or two. This means that many of us are left searching for quite some time outside of the guild to have a "throw-away" implant stripped to usefulness.

I am not asking about the question of powerleveling via tradeskills, as that would be a separate discussion. I am simply concerned about whether or not Funcom intended for the clinic to be useable by ANY class that can meet the B&E skill. I have not done so yet, and will refrain from doing anything that would be deemed an "exploit" in game. Any feedback on this would be welcome, especially from a Funcom representative.

PS: I am not sure this is in the correct forum.

~Caddy

Caddock, you will find that Funcom intends anyone to use the Implant Disassembly Clinic, and that visual profession has to be Fixer to wear it. Provided, of course, that the descriptions in the database reflect FunCom's intentions
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

i sure hope they dont take this item away from us non fixers... i have a 809 self buffed B&E and with one fixer(Karma Harvest) nano i can clean out ql 200(200+?) implants... its one of the only Tradeskills i have to offer.
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Yeah. It's perfectly legal for a non-fixer to strip imps. The req means that only fixers can use the benifits by wearing it.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Implants above QL200 can't be stripped. Tried that, only got the standard error-message about 'these two items can't be combined'.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!