Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *sigh* trying to get grid armor when you are poor is so insanely impossible :(

i want to be an idiot!

if everyone in ga is an idiot, howd they manage to get hundreds of thousands of credits?

can some idiot plz tell me the secre tto richness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rk1
    in game names:
    creeatur
    craashar
    fixered

ugh just saw someone in game selling ga 3 for 180, not an auction, thats a good deal right?

ugh wish i had 150 more million credits to have bought it! hah
    rk1
    in game names:
    creeatur
    craashar
    fixered

Re: *sigh* trying to get grid armor when you are poor is so insanely impossible :(

Originally posted by Creeatur
    was originally told i could get grid armor mk 1 for 30-50 mil, so i waas gettign close to the 30 mil mark and spammed the trade channel in game today, and get told price has gone up, to 60-100 mil... i am not even halfway there now
    60 million plus is a totally stupid price for GA 1. The only people who should even think of spending that amount of money on it are people that have far, far too much money, and even then they'd be stupid to spend it on 1 instead of 2 or higher.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Oh and find a single notum chip or fragment, then have a nice engie (if you don't know any, /tell me sometime and I'll hook you up with one of the many many I know) convert your internops cloak for you. The advanced internops cloaks (the result of adding the chip/frag to the cloak) look really really cool, offer awesome protection at lower levels, and are easy as pie to get. There are a few extremely easy places to camp for the chips.

These people are right. Do what's fun. My fixer doesn't have GA (only level 50... blah :P) but he's still extremely entertaining to mess around with. I had GA1 a while back and would have just given it to you if I hadda read this post a month ago. Eventually a nice person you know will just drop it in your lap and make your day.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I found ga4 while killing my way through a ql115 mission farming tokens...it was on a mob in the first room, so you might be missing a lot of GA not killing mission mobs

Slyyk gives very sound advice,and Belce has it totally right!Enjoy your char for what you made it and dont let the shadow of GA make you think that you are any lesser for the lack of it.
    Take missions to completely kill and clear the area,you make as much in creds(and more!)for the kills and loot selling as you do for the completion bonus,and of course more xp.
    We are based on speed and evades,so make sure you invest well in these areas.Look to our stack HOT,s which really give us a good boost now,and always max the only 2 relevant ranged wep skills we have..SMG and BURST.Ranged init now also effects the speed that burst recycles so put what you can in,but not at the expense of other skills.
    The Yakamuchy movement predictor gives us much better range,in HUD one,and can also be worn with Targeting Scope-Vision enhancer(HUD two),although this lowers ranged init a bit it increases range again and crit chances.
    Padded Love armour uses Stamina only(greenskill for us)and gives nano skill buffs.Check out the armours and choose carefully the ones that suit what you are trying to become.
    Besides the MCS,look at the Sol Chronis,when i have used it,it seems to disrupt the attacks of foes because of its speed.May be imagined!but i prefer to use it against certain Mob.
    Finally,you will find GA in its forms where you least expect it,when you least expect it.I have had discs from missions and hunting and always where not expected.
    Good Luck!

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    GA1 served me very well until lvl 112, at which time I blitzed ql200 missions for 3 weeks to buy GA3. I had a 90% success rate with GA1, so it WILL be effective longer than most say it will
    It should be noted many fixers have a similar QL200 blitz success rate at 112 without Grid Armor.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Uhm...you know you don't *HAVE* to have GA, right?

You know Fixers do just fine *without* GA, right?

This whole thing just sounds like a bad whine to me.

"Wahhh! I'm poor and don't have enough money to buy a Ferrari and I'm not lucky enough to have one drop in my lap! What should I do?!?!?!"

That's exactly what this sounds like.

The answer is: Stop obsessing over GA and just wear regular armor (drive a regular car) until either your luck or your bank account catches up with your desires (GA).

GA is very rare and very expensive (as intended).
    GA is not necessary.
    You can't afford GA.
    You haven't been lucky enough to find it (yet).
    Get over it, or get to work making credits.

Obsessing over finding GA can detract from your enjoyment of the game. It sounds like all you've been doing is using your 2 chars to search for GA...that doesn't sound like much fun.

Fixers are doing great these days. You'll find they are great fun to play. Take the advice of others in this thread: Just get out there and have fun playing your Fixer and fate may (or may not) drop GA in your lap. Either way, you will have had fun playing your character instead of endlessly searching for GA.
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

As an update to this thread :

> You can check the relative interest of armors on this very good chart provided by Nazx and Whatsamatta, pursuing the work of Confederado. If you forget about Dragon Armor, CDS is really the 3rd better armor around, packed with good bonuses and cool graphic. For a profession that shouldn't be tanking, that's pretty awesome.

> I bought and looted several pieces of CDS myself. Killed about 50 borgs in Tir to get 3 parts Q80ish. Don't know if I was lucky or not but you can start compiling stats with these datas if you feel like it.

> I'm buying Q130-150 parts of CDS at the moment, preparing myself for the future levels. I'm buying for example a Q140 chest piece 500k. A full set could be 2-3 mil. That won't prevent you from finding morons trying to sell a Q80 helmet 4 mil though.
    Last edited by Unexpected; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 09:08:33.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

GA

I hear the plants in Clon**** might drop the GA discs.
    Happy hunting...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12