Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engis kicking arse in pvp? wtf?

Engis kicking arse in pvp? wtf?

Had a bunch of fun in the arena yesterday. Won quite a few good fights against the usual docs, traders and one enforcer (although a soldier nearly killed me when I nanoshutdowned MYSELF hehe. I was trying to run around until it wore off), yet I gotta say that the hardest profession that I fought as an MP was a goddamned engineer!

Fought two of them a couple of times, shoshane (er I think thats her name) and superslang and they were the closest fights I had all day.

I am seriously jealous of the love Funcom gave engis in pvp and I gotta admit that I now consider them to be serious pvp contenders.

First fight, the engi was using MA in slayer transference. Usually when I fight a pet class, I ignore their pet and go straight for the pet owner (as usually their pet misses misses misses). Not so anymore! Her fully buffed slayer came at me like a ton of bricks, hitting me so damned hard that I panicked, running around the arena to keep out of its reach. I eventually won by a very slim margin the first time and a very large margin the second time (where I killed her slayer just for fun).

Then later on that night I fought superslang and things went very differently. Super is a goddamned monster in the arena. His slayer SNARED me and was 100% immune to my stuns. The first fight I killed him with maybe 1000 hp left. One particularly annoying bug is that once the master is dead, the pet becomes a regular mob and does 100% damage. With 900 close counter evades, that bastard slayer critted me for over 2000 and I joined slaggie at the reclaim.

Second fight was a draw. I had 800 hp left and I saw slaggie's hp bar empty, so I figured him for dead and I zoned to shake the pet. As it turns out, Slaggie still had 160hp and was still alive. Most likely we both would have died.

Next fight I beat him like he stole something, but that pet snared me, critted me and was totally unstunnable.

What I'm trying to say here is that with each engi fight, I was more concerned with getting away from the pet than I was about the engi. THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG! WOOT! If it wasnt for my pet beating on super, I would have lost every match. I actually saw the pet for what it was supposed to be: A terrifying, unstoppable juggernaut of destruction. I have a new respect for pvping engis now.

LOL, one funny thing happened versus slaggie though. The first time we fought, he asked me "why didn't you say you were ready or gave me some indication you were attacking?" I explained that usually by the time I type "Okay, im rdy", my opponent has already unleashed a hella alpha strike on me and im dead. The next two fights, I tried to type "Okay Im rdy" and before I got the second letter out, I was already half dead. hehehe you fight dirty, slag
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

hehe yeah, with the special absorber.. and some good shields and transferance.. the engie can stay alive long enough to inflict some serious damage. i was pleasantly surprised when Rosbif almost beat me : )
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

ooooh I forgot about the specials absorber. Slaggie I'm sure has the highest level one, so my burst did nothing (although I was so busy running from that damned pet of his that I couldnt stay in range to shoot him). Thank GAWD for fast nukes!!! The last fight, in which I did the best, I ran a little, but mostly nuked the bejesus out of him lol.

so no engis can beat MAs too. woot. im stoked. bein as how brawl is the only attack we go (and that hits for blah most of the time now anyway)...there goes even that attack with that new engi nano lol.

I'd liked to have a go with ya Deacon
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

Originally posted by Rosbif
    I'd liked to have a go with ya Deacon
    Im not into guys, bro....Well there WAS that time in prison....But I stand firmly when I say that *I* was the butch and *HE* was the b*tch *winces in pain when he tries to sit down*..

But I'd definitely duel you in the arena! Hehehe, one thing to note was that slaggie had mokies running

PVP Engineer: "Yo gimpy, gimme some mokies so I can dish out a beatdown to you"

Thedeacon: "Dude..."

You know you want some of Beef eh?!

*Licks his eyeball*

I'm 100% pure, no foreign ingredients. Mochams make your feet smell.
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

Rosbif and I had a duel not too long ago... I won, but not by much. Good luck Deac.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Damn, engis getting good at pvp....Hell MUST have frozen over. It's good though. PVP is a big part of the game and it's good to see Funcom did SOMETHING right for a change. Im actually scared to fight engis now and that's almost impossible to believe. Doc? GA4 fixer? NT? Bring it. Engis? Er, im afk or something. MPs simply dont have an answer to the slayerdroid anymore. There is no using a hacked ql1 root graft, no stun and run...well, the running part is still there.

Buffed up slayer has nearly a 1000 attack rating and a jabillion hp, along with extremely high minimum damage. I cant stun it, I cant even seem to outrun it as well as I used to. Im so busy ducking and dodging the droid that I cant get the engi within sight. You know and I know that MPs need something like this. My biggest complaint is that MP pets are still way too easily rooted, calmed scared or stunned and that's bogus.

I will also tell you that the slayer's aura snare will make you crap yourself. You can't run away from it, ffs! I really do LOVE to see engis coming into their own. I love it more than most engis. But what they did for the engi should have been done for MPs as well.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    hehe yeah, with the special absorber.. and some good shields and transferance.. the engie can stay alive long enough to inflict some serious damage. i was pleasantly surprised when Rosbif almost beat me : )
    rosbif ate me for lunch yesterday.. i got him to 1/2

ah well i laughed when i died.

SHHH! I'm still gimped!

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius
    Damn, engis getting good at pvp....Hell MUST have frozen over. It's good though. PVP is a big part of the game and it's good to see Funcom did SOMETHING right for a change. Im actually scared to fight engis now and that's almost impossible to believe. Doc? GA4 fixer? NT? Bring it. Engis? Er, im afk or something. MPs simply dont have an answer to the slayerdroid anymore. There is no using a hacked ql1 root graft, no stun and run...well, the running part is still there.

Buffed up slayer has nearly a 1000 attack rating and a jabillion hp, along with extremely high minimum damage. I cant stun it, I cant even seem to outrun it as well as I used to. Im so busy ducking and dodging the droid that I cant get the engi within sight. You know and I know that MPs need something like this. My biggest complaint is that MP pets are still way too easily rooted, calmed scared or stunned and that's bogus.

I will also tell you that the slayer's aura snare will make you crap yourself. You can't run away from it, ffs! I really do LOVE to see engis coming into their own. I love it more than most engis. But what they did for the engi should have been done for MPs as well.
    i fought rosbif last night.. his pet was double hitting me for 500 thru TMS (granted tms was dropped by 38% by his EVIL ANTI-REFLECT).. he barely needed to shoot heh.

err... it dropped it by 48%

All it did was make TMS a little worse then rrfe...

I'm still gimped though... make no mistake!

Soldiers just have it kinda bad against engis.
    Last edited by Rosbif; Dec 30th, 2002 at 23:07:42.

err... it dropped it by 48%

All it did was make TMS a little worse then rrfe...

I'm still gimped though... make no mistake!

Soldiers just have it kinda bad against engis.
    heheh

when i started i had no intention of using tms... but when the bot smashed me for double 500's i crapped my pants. never been hit that hard by a bot in pvp before. even if you sat there without shooting i still would have died.... next time i'll try breaking out my root graft

I did stop shooting...

SHHH! I'm still gimped!

hehe root grafts wont work. with nearly 1000 in all nanoskills I couldnt stun slaggie's bot even once...fully buffed, the slayer has +78% nano resist and some innate resistance to snares and stuns. basically, if you fight and engi, you gotta deal with that pet one way or the other :/

o_o rosbif's lvl 1 pet rules.

...pvp meee ^_^;
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast