Thread: Please offer Notum Wars as a download

Please offer Notum Wars as a download

I would pay $5-10 to download NW, but I don't want to spend $20 for the retail box, plus shipping.
    "It was almost as incredible as if you had fired a fifteen-inch shell at a piece of tissue paper and it came back and hit you."

- Ernest Rutherford

I've already subscribed, by the way. Paid $20 for my key.
    "It was almost as incredible as if you had fired a fifteen-inch shell at a piece of tissue paper and it came back and hit you."

- Ernest Rutherford

The whole point of it not being dowloadable is that Funcom needs to establish itself with retailers. Without a record of retail sales it cannot generate money from investors. Without money from investors the servers will get shut off and we only have screen shots.

I doubt the servers will be shut off if AO maintains a large subscriber base, but you make a valid point about the reason they don't offer it for download.

- Ernest Rutherford

Angry The case is..

that you actually don't need the CD for getting access to NW goodies. When I bought the box a few weeks ago and popped it into the CD-rom the install button was shadowed and I could play NW right away. (prior to this I registered NW on the net)

The only thing you need is the game key that comes with the box. All the neccessary software are downloaded with the patch anyway. Its just Notum War specific items that get activated when you register.

So what FC could do is letting people registering to NW without buying the box. The box only makes sense for those who want the special goodies on the box that does not follow the patching like voice commands or for those who do not want to download AO due to bandwith constraints. It would have saved a lot of frantic searching for many customers that wanted just NW.

I hope they (FC) follows this advicce when Shadowlands are released.
    "You don't win a war by dying for your country, you win a war by letting the enemy die for his country"
    General Patton