Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice stuff about playing my MP

Nice stuff about playing my MP

Here's my go at a "happy thoughts" thread. For any that don't know, I started an MP alt after having played a doc for a while. Here's a couple things that I think a much nicer for the MP.

1. Red ping. No, no, I'm not saying I like red ping. But when I play my doc, red ping is so incredibly stressful. Red ping can get someone killed. Red ping means the tank at a unique is dead and everyone's time is wasted and I'm the one that couldn't get my job done. I was playing my MP and a particularly laggy day recently. Sometimes I'd select the mob, hit the attack macro and the pet would take forever to respond. That's an annoyance because I have to keep the mob selected until the macro ends. Of course, nano casting was slow, too. But my doc would have been absolutely unplayable under those conditions. Any team relying on her would have sat at reclaim all night. I've had several days in a row where my doc was just impossible to play due to bad ping. For my MP, it was merely an annoyance.

2. Soloing. Everyone acknowledges MPs are good soloers. But, here I am at level 84. I'm told I'm starting into the MP hell levels, which shouldn't end until I break the level cap. But currently, I'm doing missions at 75% difficulty - QL107. So, I figure the worst I could end up with is doing 50% difficulty missions. My doc did 50% missions on her best days. There was a brief period from level 40-45 where I could go up to 60%; but it was more common that soloing meant going down to 40% or even as far down as 0% - yes, missions with all grey mobs just to try to scrape credits together. Even without having bothered to choose a weapon, it looks like the MP hell levels will be better than my docs normal soloing. My norm now is to avoid the teaming areas and just go straight to solo. It's such a joy having that as an option.

3. Drive by buffing. I'm a huge fan of drive by buffing. My doc can do REALLY good at this - but only if there are injured people around. If I want to buff someone that's not injured, the best I can do is Nano Repulsor or Enlarge - big whoop. My MP can hit people with the evades buff or with the nanocost decrease buff. People love those. Well, fixers don't tend to like either and other MPs aren't impressed; but they're still great buffs. I tend to go by reclaim a lot with my doc to heal people. I stopped doing this with my MP because I kept losing the heal pet - but I've started again and now I'm looking for engies and crats to buff with masteries. I drive by buffed an engie at reclaim the other day and he gave off a woot. That was great.

4. Self reliance. When I went to start an alt, I wanted someone that could solo well - someone that could lay down some good damage, unlike my doc. I considered a few options and went with MA. I started up the MA and she was great. Good damage output, good evades. Then I got to level 20 and I thought "Oh geesh, it's time to start fooling with implants". Implants were among my most hated things because my guild didn't have any regulars that did NP back then. So I had to run around yelling over the trade channel begging people to take my credits to do some implant work. When my doc had her QL200s made, I paid 1 mill per implant. I did NOT want to have to deal with that again. So, I went back to character creation and decided on either an NT or an MP to do their own implant work. I'd played an NT at launch and had bad memories of it. So, I decided to try the MP. The self reliance is fabulous. The only things I need are the occassional treatment buff.

So, hey, I'm not saying MPs are perfect. I'm not saying high level MPs don't have problems. I just thought maybe I could give a fresh appreciation of some good things MPs have going for them.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

5. Get a 50% mission, tell the heal pet to heal the tank and /pet tank hunt. Then go make some sammiches and watch a movie There are times when there are things to do (Laundry, dishes etc) and at the same time, you are making a little cash and some exp.

6. The best community

This is good Hypos.

7. Aside from a few disappointments with broken nanolines the MP is an excellent PvM profession for your first 140 levels.

8. Docs will love you for your heal pet, it takes a load off of them have to constantly chain heal the tank and brings it down to a more managable level for them.

9. Incredible damage over time with our meatball pets at the appropriate level. The others might have some nice alpha attacks, but those angry meatballs can rip stuff apart with their bobbing motions. Bosses beware.

10. Unique look. Most other professions are kinda blah in appearance and have no really distinguishing look at lower levels. Wield some creation weapons and go flying around with superman power and everybody knows that there goes a MP.

11. Best Community.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

12. One of the top role playing professions. We even have useless toys to further ourselves in this area. Its great fun to play a Meta MP though not practicle

13. Some of the most charismatic players. You know who they are

14. Hosting and attending the best event ever!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

15. the mp stay always funny in all case, have u see another class die with more class than we???

16. the best forum of all profession forum

17. some of the best people u can encounter in the game are mp

18. someone have talk of the comunity??? bah in all case we have the best comunity

19. only one thing at says : THEDEACON, Lord tritoch, Xtremtech, Psiraven, Bionotrous, Ntrox, Sallust, Shadowgod, .... (sorry at the other don't gonna put all the name here that need to made an post foir this)

20. the best comunity (i feel i repeat something)
    Wingless - MP lvl 158 - Atlantean (Rk1) [Armor]

Rustykiller - lvl 53 - President of Nightwalker

OMG I am listed in Wingless' point 19!! OMGOMGOMG!

Hey Wingless, I understood your post this time. Is that because of you or me?
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

21. Did someone mention the BEST comunity?
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

lol no is only my english that progess ^^
    i pass so many time here at the end i become more good at wrote something of understable in english ^^
    Wingless - MP lvl 158 - Atlantean (Rk1) [Armor]

Rustykiller - lvl 53 - President of Nightwalker

Yup I got that too

Hey Wingless, if ever you need a bit of help with the English then let me know. My French is bad but I can tidy up English quite well
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

22. Absolutely BEST looking Atroxes are MPs (we know who we are)

23. I think someone mentioned best community...

24. No one else can fly without a yalm!

25. Atrox MPs, unlike in other professions, won't be told, "You have no balls!"
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

26. All you guys

27. Flexibility and variety - even though that sometimes hurts us too

28. Eternal Hope born of endless meditation.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

This is a great thread. I wish I could share the overall positive sentiments regarding the class though. The Community, yes. The Class, no.

As a prof, my job isn't to be content if the class is playing ok, my job is to take notice when we're seriously lagging behind other (pet) classes irrespective of how we do on our own.

I've often mentioned that playing an MP is like playing in a straightjacket compared to say...my Crat.

If MP's enjoy having one combat pet unlagged by the server, imagine what its like to have 3.

If MP's enjoy debuffing damage on one target for short durations, imagine what its like to be able to wave your hand and put everything to sleep, or rooting them in place, or scaring them away...except your primary target (which will have 3 pets attacking it). Talk about stopping damage...

If MP's like the damage of weapons + non-evoced pet + nukes...imagine the damage of 3 combat pets, all 3 AR buffed + weapon + nuke.

If MP's like the soloability at early missions starting from scratch, imagine what its like to be able to put the entire mission to sleep and not even have to fight anything to get your items. And if you choose to fight, you have 3 AR buffed combat pets.

What we do have...is the best community. The others we're working on.

Nothing wrong with seeing the glass as half full, but I personally am not allowed to be content with that.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Heh, the first "glass is half empty" reply is the 13th one in the thread play theme to Twilight Zone here

Honestly, I was surprised it took that long. But, who knows, maybe some day I'll start a thread on the flip side of the doc/mp comparison.
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

The glass may be half full or half empty... but either way for me the MP liquid tastes pretty good and I enjoy drinking it. I'd like to add some ice, a slice of lemon and a straw - and yes maybe even a parasol...

... but I'd still want to be drinking MP-Cola ™.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Yeah, well just make sure you don't start adding feet, otherwise you might end up sharing drinks with some unwanted company, but then...at least the glass wouldn't be half empty anymore.
    MP's should be FEARED.

[nasally voice]Psiraven. You're my hereo[/nasally voice]

We've got Buffy Summers, so why can't I get a statue of Psiraven instead for my apartment?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Who needs a statue? Start a 2nd account, make an MP with Psiraven's face and just pose her in your apartment.

Heck, as a bonus you can even use her to host chats
    Shadow Ops

Isn't it enough that all my evil twins try and kill you in missions?
    MP's should be FEARED.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast