Thread: >> Hero's Mourning <<

Cool >> Hero's Mourning <<

Many of us Enforcers are shy and do not dare to propose new ideas for our own profession. We all feel that we are balanced and somehow fear that the Dev Team starts to tweak the fragile settings of our skills.

Still, an idea surfaced this morning with the conjunction of the future new Crat nano (saving XP a few sec before a death) and the fact that when the fight is really too though and the main tank dies, the whole party is pretty often wiped out.

The idea would be this Enforcer nano :

Hero's Mourning
    Cast. time : 1 sec
    Recast time : 45 min
    Duration : 15 sec
    Nano cost : 10
    NCU : 10
    Description : As a last hope to his party the Enforcer just before dying can cast this nano. The evil foe that is killing him will then go on attacking his dead remains for 15 sec, obvious to anything else.

As to be perfectly clear the nano once cast will be active for 15 sec and if the death occurs within this 15 sec, the mob will attack the Enforcer's remains for 15 full sec. Just enough for the party to run away, equip a plane or try to land the final blows.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Thumbs up

Nice idea. Next time don't write every word on a new line, ok ? AO itself is bad enough with it's nano descriptions

Thumbs up Great Idea!

Great idea! The "Hero's Mourning" would be an excellent addition to the AO system.

Now, knowing Bugcom, the developer reading this will create code that makes the mob which killed the enforcer invicible and three times tougher for 15 seconds so it can quickly wipe out the party.

I have grown to the point to where I am terrified to suggest anything to the retarded development and QA crew at Bugcom. You were probably right with your initial impression (to leave the Enforcer class alone). If Bugcom finds out that your class is fun to play is is balanced some moron with throw the nerf at you and pretty soon you'll be just like the rest of us.

Great thinking on the nano though. Bugcom if you read the excellent idea for the "Hero's Mourning" nano, please hire a third party consultant to decipher it's 'cryptic' meaning for you. I would hate for you to mess up ANOTHER great idea and add it to your already decaying system.
    Director Dono
    Omni Crat
    Omni Tek Wolf Pack - RK2

"In times of Peace, prepare for War!"

www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/directordono

Hmm I wonder how many tips I could get in the last few seconds... "Casting Hero's Mourning for tips!!".

Not a bad idea though.

Really... If I see any additions to the Enforcer Prof before the problems of other profs are even adressed - the I am somewhat upset...

Midhir

Come on, I've done all the work.
    We can forget any special Fx on that nano too. No problemo.

And you cannot say that it's a selfish addition to the Enforcer profession : we won't be able to take any advantage on this one, but YOU WILL.

(is it sold yet ? )
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Really... If I see any additions to the Enforcer Prof before the problems of other profs are even adressed - the I am somewhat upset...

Midhir
    actually enforcers havent had any tweak done to them in a long time if you think about it. I'm seeing Mp's/ burecrats thats are using atrox hammer duelers. and yet they have pets too.

We're not unique in our own way... well i guess you can call us a "essence dispenser" as iceman once said.

- breaku

/me looks at remains of Gummizluv

/me looks at Ace NanoTech

/me screams like a little girl and runs for saftely

/tell gummizluv thank you so much for casting that nano. You saved me from losing 1.5 mil xp!!!!

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!

There are already a few XP saving nanos and stuff in the game, the new crat one is being added soon i believe, and then there is the fixer evac nanos. Since most teams have an enforcer or two anyway, and since Fixers are nearly useless giving the enforcer this, could potentially push other people out of the group. Just a thought.
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

I was just waiting for a person to disagree... at least we got a few in there before

ahh.. oh well...

/me takes out boombox
    /disco

]|I{•------» w00t ((¯\ _¸,.-·´¨¯¨`·,¸_

I like the sound of this nano, good idea.

Cub, it was just a thought, not saying this is a bad nano.
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

Good Idea
    Tho I do mind monsters bashing my already mutilated body into edible sized chunks :P hehe.

yeah its kinda disturbing its almost like when people dance over your dead body... only this one it beating it even more

Question Isn't this why we don't get what we want?

I think you have to state that you give full rights of your idea to Funcom (I'm guessing that's why they don't use anyones ideas and thats why they distort the other ones). Yes this idea is copyrighted by law (even the birthday song is copyrighted).

Re: Isn't this why we don't get what we want?

Originally posted by Wiretrip
    I think you have to state that you give full rights of your idea to Funcom (I'm guessing that's why they don't use anyones ideas and thats why they distort the other ones). Yes this idea is copyrighted by law (even the birthday song is copyrighted).
    I can do that (no not the birthday song). They will have to dress up my forum avatar though.