Thread: More MA Special Attacks are needed at the terminals!

More MA Special Attacks are needed at the terminals!

The current number of Special Attacks in the terminals is terrible. Attack of the Snake, Angel of Night, and Upon a Wave of Summer are ok, but what about all the other special attacks?

If soldiers, fixers, enforcers, etc., can find a wide range of weapons at the weapons terminals, MA's should have the same variety to choose from for special attacks (relatively speaking).

What really stinks about this is that even if I find a special attack in a mission, or receive one as a reward, it's the same special attack I can find in a terminal!

Funcom, get off your lazy rearends and give the MA's the special attacks they need in the terminals! It's bad enough that the message I posted like this was deleted in the 14.7.3 temp forum instead of being moved, but to see that 2-3 patches later, you still haven't fixed the issue (which IS a simple one to implement).

MA's are slowly becoming a dead profession because Funcom isn't giving us the support for special attacks that is needed (long ago, finding a special attack for an MA was as easy as finding a gun for any other profession).

Soulmartyr

Talking

yes yes you are very right ! my NT uses those too, and I have
    to always go shopping for an upgrade
    the now morphing adventurer
    with the paired swords 8)

Coven of Hunters

Re: More MA Special Attacks are needed at the terminals!

Originally posted by Soulmartyr
    If soldiers, fixers, enforcers, etc., can find a wide range of weapons at the weapons terminals, MA's should have the same variety to choose from for special attacks (relatively speaking).

Soulmartyr
    You're missing the fact that MA's can use the weapons bought from the weapon terminals as well. I guess that means MA's have a full booth of special attacks, and that they should be either nerfed, or everyone else should be given a booth with special attacks.

Re: Re: More MA Special Attacks are needed at the terminals!

You're missing the fact that the special attacks cannot be used while weilding a weapon. Also, this problem is the worst in the low-level (below 100) game, where an MA doesn't have the extra IP to dump into any weapon skills, if they're going to keep their MA at a decent level, along with nano skills .

I'd be happy if you stood a decent chance of rolling or looting one of the better attacks, as it stands now, it's harder to find than GA or NS.

Originally posted by Leadwhip

You're missing the fact that MA's can use the weapons bought from the weapon terminals as well. I guess that means MA's have a full booth of special attacks, and that they should be either nerfed, or everyone else should be given a booth with special attacks.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Re: Re: Re: More MA Special Attacks are needed at the terminals!

Originally posted by speardancer

I'd be happy if you stood a decent chance of rolling or looting one of the better attacks, as it stands now, it's harder to find than GA or NS.
    ROFL

funniest comment of the year. Albeit the year is only 2 days old now. MA attacks are so common off mob drops no one usually bothers mentioning them. Usually you can find 1 or 2 per mission. with your next team make sure before the mission you tell them that you are looking out for the MA attacks and they will let you know if they find any.

Re: Re: Re: Re: More MA Special Attacks are needed at the terminals!

I solo with my MA, so there's no team involved. In the last month, I've seen maybe 2 attacks drop, and I think they were both attack of the snake.... and even with my other chars, I've seen maybe another 2 in the same time.

so ROFL right back at ya, 1-2 per mission???? I wish !!!!

Might I also ask what level your char is who sees all these attacks? Based off some other threads, this lack of drops appears to be more of a problem in the sub-100 games, at higher levels, the drops appear to be more frequent.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

ROFL

funniest comment of the year. Albeit the year is only 2 days old now. MA attacks are so common off mob drops no one usually bothers mentioning them. Usually you can find 1 or 2 per mission. with your next team make sure before the mission you tell them that you are looking out for the MA attacks and they will let you know if they find any.
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Re: Re: Re: Re: More MA Special Attacks are needed at the terminals!

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

ROFL

Again, I echo the earlier sentiment: ROFLMMFAO!!! What the hell are you smoking, kanuck... I want some!

With the new "loot reporting" implemented, I ALWAYS watch what people grab in team missions. And I never team with less than a full team... unless the team is a very good one. I have yet to see more than one MA special attack drop in a mission. Mission rewards is another story... I've seen more than one for a reward once. Only once.

I have more luck finding attacks as solo mission rewards than I do from chests, MA mobs, and bosses combined. And yes, I use Clicksaver. As a matter of fact, I've already got the next version of all the MA attacks I use in backpacks, ready to go once I get the skills I need.

<begin rant>
    Finding the right QL for anything in a store in this game is a bloody joke. You should be able to search for an item you want at the QL you want without having to travel all over Rubi-Ka to do it. IRL, if something isn't available, you can always put in a raincheck or special order it. It takes time, but it will get to you. Maybe something along those lines could be implemented on Rubi-Ka. (Yes, I know there are people out there who do that sort of thing already, but I'm sure they'd be happier if they didn't have to.)
    <end rant>
    Last edited by Advyinc; Jan 4th, 2003 at 04:26:32.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

I also would like to see a better range of attacks available at the Special Attack shops. My MA has spent over an hour searching all the Shops in Omni and Neutral territory looking for upgrades on occasion and still not found them.

Also, since they are NoDrop, people don't sell them.

And, KrazyKanuck, I have seen one special attack drop in the last several missions I have done. Guess what, it was too low of QL. If you're 60th level, a QL70 attack isn't of much worth.

If you're really needing a new attack why are you looking in shops?

My MA is level 50 atm and using ql 89 (which is his max ql) on all his attacks. Just get a solo mission and blitz it at 100% difficulty. I'm still trying to get a level 64 to team with me and get me a new flower at their level, but I haven't bothered yet.
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

Originally posted by Voislav
    If you're really needing a new attack why are you looking in shops?
    Because at least some of them should be there!! And because I don't have 2 hours to sit and camp a terminal, hoping an attack will show up.

One good idea I heard before on attacks, is to make the buyable/dropable item tradeable, but unusable. Simular to a book, or the recent christmas presents, the item has to be "unwrapped" to be used, at which time it becomes no-drop.

I think even this would be a great improvement, code is there to do it. but *sigh* it makes too much sense for funkycom to do it.
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008