Thread: What should I do? :/

What should I do? :/

Dammit - my parents got me this stupid computer stand. It's really stupid and I didn't want it. This isn't like a normal present that sucks that I can just ignore, but this affects the most important part of my life - the computer!

The problems:

My legs are too big for the desk
    The moniter has to be on this stupid rack that is above eye level so I have to hold my neck up for hours on end
    I keep hitting my computer tower because there's no place to put it other than where my feet go. I don't think jerking it around all day is good for it
    I'm too far away from the moniter, 1600 x 1200 resolution hurts my eyes to read text. I've had to downgrade to 1280 x 1024, which is less desktop space, which is teh sux.
    The keyboard keeps sliding over the wood because it's polished
    The keyboard rack is uncomfortable to type with
    I keep banging my hand on the shelf that has no use because the mouse and my hand wont fit under it.

And it just plain sucks.

And I can't just say "I dont want it" because it cost something like $300 and my dad spent the past 6 hours assembling it. And it just plain.. sucks.

~Chris

try auction it away on Rubi-Ka trade
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Re: What should I do? :/

Originally posted by Megabio
    Dammit - my parents got me this stupid computer stand. It's really stupid and I didn't want it. This isn't like a normal present that sucks that I can just ignore, but this affects the most important part of my life - the computer!

The problems:

My legs are too big for the desk
    The moniter has to be on this stupid rack that is above eye level so I have to hold my neck up for hours on end
    I keep hitting my computer tower because there's no place to put it other than where my feet go. I don't think jerking it around all day is good for it
    I'm too far away from the moniter, 1600 x 1200 resolution hurts my eyes to read text. I've had to downgrade to 1280 x 1024, which is less desktop space, which is teh sux.
    The keyboard keeps sliding over the wood because it's polished
    The keyboard rack is uncomfortable to type with
    I keep banging my hand on the shelf that has no use because the mouse and my hand wont fit under it.

And it just plain sucks.

And I can't just say "I dont want it" because it cost something like $300 and my dad spent the past 6 hours assembling it. And it just plain.. sucks.

~Chris
    Burn it?

agreed nothing a good bon fire wont fix...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

well it all depends on how your computer was set up before.. i would use a hybrid configuration using both of the peices of apparatus...

possibly put the tower/printer/scanner/cablemodem/speakers/bass bin etc.. on teh new stand and plop the mouse and keyboard back on the old comfy thing you used...

i hve to physicaly stand up and walk about 15' to get to my tower/scanner/printer/webcam all i have infront of me is mouse keyboard and monitor all on one desk setup... plenty of room and im comfy as all heck... i have wrist rests and gell mousepad and wrist protectors.. a nice monitor elevation and a really comfy office chair.

All i had to do was purchase some extension cables for my monitor mouse and keyboard, im sweet setup now..

.. oh ... but i live in my own apt, and bought it all myself.

Cal
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

Only problem is that my parents would hate me for not using the new stand, as I don't like alone.

~Chris

Break it.

"Accidentally," of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Originally posted by Chuck
    Break it.

"Accidentally," of course.
    Only problem is that it's made out of steel and hard oak. I'd need a slege hammer to break it.

~Chris

Only problem is that it's made out of steel and hard oak. I'd need a slege hammer to break it.

~Chris
    Premium Sledgehammer of Doom? think that'll do the trick

OR you could try to adjust it. Like pulling it abit out from the wall, putting stuff under it to make it taller, forget about the keyboard rack, get a rubber something to keep the keyboard from sliding......

OR you could talk to your dad.
    "Dad. I know you worked hard and all, and it prolly cost a bucket of money, but I'm sorry. It just doesn't work. I can't use it because......"

Who knows. He might understand.

If it makes you feel any better...
    you got what u deserved..;D

Originally posted by Skybert

"Dad. I know you worked hard and all, and it prolly cost a bucket of money, but I'm sorry. It just doesn't work. I can't use it because......"

Tried that 8 times already

Originally posted by Skybert

Premium Sledgehammer of Doom? think that'll do the trick

OR you could try to adjust it. Like pulling it abit out from the wall, putting stuff under it to make it taller, forget about the keyboard rack, get a rubber something to keep the keyboard from sliding......

I've got a rubber he can use....

Oh, get your minds out of the gutter, you sick little monkeys!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

~Chris
    Nothing a few gallons of gasoline and a blow torch cant fix.

My actual idea is rather drastic...

Hurt yourself on it. Smash your knee since your legs are too small. Problem is it has to be visible, or it wont work. If you just SAY you are in pain, no dice...but if you can show them a scab, you are golden.

Or, stand on the monitor stand and break it. New desk AND a monitor.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Short of realising that there are so many more important things than a computer, why not try talking to your parents? I'm sure they'd understand...or wait until you're older and grown up so that the very high monitor shelf isn't too big.

...or burn it...

Take care
    Matthew
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius

I've got a rubber he can use....

Oh, get your minds out of the gutter, you sick little monkeys!
    GAH ITS TRUE! I AM A MONKEY :cry:

Dude, ask for a chair next time. It works so much better to have a leather chair that costs a third as much as that desk, then have your parents give you a pile of cash because they feel guilty for not getting you enough.
    Well, I also asked for a mahogany desk because I knew they wouldn't buy one.
    See if it was assembled wrong, your dad must have put a few peices in the wrong place for it to be that bad. Or, make sure the computer is facing or on the correct side (that was a problem with my mom..). If you're banging your hand on one side, and the other has more room, it is probably made for someone who is left handed (I am guessing you are right) or facing the wrong way. I hope it's not against a wall. If so, your dad may have put some drawers or whatever on the wrong side and they now do nothing except take up space because the open end is facing the wall too. Did you try moving the tower to the outer side of the desk-thing (is it a cart? I hate carts.. no leg room at all, bad design for the rest of them too..).

Or, maybe your parents just want you to spend less time on the computer, so you are forced to the desk-thing until you use it a lot less.
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 03:02:23.