Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for side balance

Suggestion for side balance

OK everyone knows that on Rimor Omni are almost non-existant.
    So... I offer u CZ, the chance to increase omni population. As I one time offer let those who want to go OMNI(not clan so they can get T loot ) a chance to go omni and retain their token board. Yes, yes, I know it's CLAN BRAVERY TOKENS, but face it the omni population needs a boost. So what I propose is a limited time conversion to allow all ppl who would like to go to OMNI side a chance to do so for balance purposes w/ out losing token board.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

definite agreement
    infact i suggest putting in a boss like Tara for omnis
    so greedy ppl do not go clan for tara

If god wanted me to be Omni I'd have horns and a pitchfork.

Oh come on, people have enough incentive to join the Omniwith all this freaking Omni crap I keep picking up.

You guys have your own line of armour, quite a few Omni weapons, hell, even an Omni only Eleet doll...

Damn... almost feel like joinging the Omni now... where's my clanner armour? Oh great... in the flipping wailing wastes.

Um anyways this is about side balance obviously there isnt enough incentive cos omni are seriously outnumbered last I checked...

And oh yes all that omni only armor is soooooo uber lemme tell ya
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

you wouldnt even dare say that when u are the only one trying to fight 5 clanners to 1 omni
    you're retort was absolutely invalid
    rimor needs a side balance bad
    even clanners begged me to bring ppl to tara to fight
    you know what i could only manage one person

CZ ROOT THIS

Yes please make this sticky this seriously needs to be looked into. I'm so tired of going to tara pressing tab and q then going to eat lunch. And the only time Omni ever wins tower battles really is when all clanners are at Tara or asleep.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

1 person already quit game becoz of the problem i know of

not to say others havent

but NPC farming and XP farming arent making this game fun to me

i refuse to play a game to help ppl camp mobs 24/7

i need bloodshed and lots of

<i might gank, but it is the only thing i been great at :P>
    Last edited by Vapid; Jan 10th, 2003 at 19:48:06.

Curses.

By informing me that you guys are the underdogs, I am now exceedingly tempted to cross over to the dark side.

(Must resist... for... some strange, and obscure reason!)

(...)

(Or I could go neutral. Wait, too late.)

^clanner not omni
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

But but but most the people that went clan from omni in the mad exodus we didnt miss, dont deport them back to us!

I agree that there needs to be atleast a temporary way to switch sides, one time only, to help balance Clanmor, ack I mean Rimor.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

(who the hell rooted me while I was parroted at 129m off the ground over the formor Dojo tower area last night?)

And I know that things usually take time to change but something needs to be done about this asap because it is affecting gameplay on Rimor seriously imo.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

well mebbe i will be entertained with clan civil war when all of us omni are beaten into slavery

but rimor needs a side adjustment more than my mom needs updated clothing for the new millinium =P

Yep theres nothing like teaming with a bunch of people and then next time you see them is on the other sides defense team at a tower cause they wanted to get some Tara loot or the xp bonus.

Makes the tower fighting fully one sided, specially when you can amass 8 full orgs to raid a omni tower and omni players send out the message to form defense teams and half the people they send the messages to went clan.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

*nods in agreement at his young padawan*

There is one word for this...greed.

People are greedy and want their hands on tara loot, some people are simply colleting rare items in the game, just to let them gather dust in the bank. In fact there are only very few items from tara worth having, and not all of those even for all professions...still people roll for items to get either credits or personal pleasure for god know to what ends.

I was selling something at Rimor shopping channel few days back (fairly expensive item) and someone offered me items in exchange. One of those items were Dragon boots, I said that don't need em and he went on to explaining me that they are worth like 40m. Well anyone in my opinion who would pay 40m for those boots would either have to be plain stupid or completely out of his mind (no offense to anyone who did^^). They are useless piece of junk, if you ask me, but hey they drop from Tara so they must be good, right?

I have been at Tara raids as I have a specific item I would like to have at some point in this game. However, as soon as I heard the prices that are being paid for d chests etc, of course I would like to get my hands on them. With 300-500m credits one can easily play many characters to fairly high level quickly or stack up alts with nice useful items, or help someone in the guild to purchase something in their needs. However, 300-500m for a piece of armor that can be debuffed very easily...come on..not that many professions actually have high enough MA skill for it not to be debuffable. Its nice but hardly worth 500m...(its still a good piece of armor regardless of the downside)

What comes to increasing Omni population...well suppose the power struggle is over at Rimor. Albeit I like Shiftyr's idea...but not sure how many would actually go for the losing side.

If you dont think Rimor side imbalance needs help you are obviously a newbie. Atm i dont know of any ql 200 omni bases up. From day one clanners owned all the ql 200+ bases. For the past 5 months(at least) clanners have been packing tara and omni have not been able to even fit inside tara to make any sort of a threat. Losing every high lvl pvp battle really sucks the fun out of pvp. I'm surprised those clanners who think killing omni as they trickle one by one through the crowd control still think this game is fun. I know omni dont.

Make tara 5% and let clanners kill pvp with themselves. Limit the amount of clanners or omni in crowd control so the fights are fair. Segment pvp better so lvl 1-74, 75-150, 150-200 can pvp with themselves because as it stands now, the highest lvl people dominate 100% of tower battles.

There needs to be some kind of incentive for side switching because this game will continue to deteriorate until SWG comes out. As it stand right now, poeple will leave this game faster than rats fleeing a sinking boat.

yep and neutral are only 5% of the population.

nerf the clans and omni

haha

so what there is imbalance? does it really matter?

what is the solution? give omni only items to RK2 only?

Bla Bla Bla

Please dont get rid of the distinction between the servers. Let it progress naturally. I would love to see the distinction become so great that a storyline correction would have to take place, with rimor going to the clans, and Omni dominating on the other server.

If there is something that needs to be balanced, its the actions of the Sol banking corp, ICC and other trans galactic interests that could be playing a greater role through the au****es of the neutrals. The neuts are the perfect breeding ground for all sorts of manipulation. They are an unruly bunch, self motivated, and if these great powers used "neuts" then they could obviscate their role in the issue by saying they are neuts not pro sol or pro icc forces. Perhaps if Sol continued its underground war against the standard way of doing things, with its influx of illegal weapons, things would happen, especially if some of the new stuff sol or icc were to bring in were neut only.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

^
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

i'm bored.. so i'll jump on this for the fun of it...

Current stats as of typing this up:

On RK1
    Clan: 47.9%
    Omni: 46%
    Neutral: 6.1%

On RK2
    Clan: 49.4%
    Omni: 43.8%
    Neutral: 6.8%

(stats from ao-basher.com)

in all actuality, though RK1 is a bit more balanced, RK2 is still quire balanced as well. Omni still could dominate RK2 if they'd get their acts together.. but i'm not one to want this...

maybe its just cause us clanners feel closer together or something when there is a need to defend and attack.

having FC trying to force a balance would be like God comming down and forcing people which country they should live in. it should not, and will not happen (thankfully).

out of the hundreds of things you could do to try and help this change.. you choose the least likely and the typical ao player way out.. go whine at FC on the forums. and i'm not going to give any suggestions about the other ways you could help out your side.. cause.. for the most obvious reason.. i'm clan on RK2.

though, if it were up to me.. you people can have the omni back that switched to clan cause they're giving us hell.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast