Thread: Why do we have Nano resist? Being rooted 100%

Talking Why do we have Nano resist? Being rooted 100%

Why can't roots go back the way they we're 3 patches ago? I think its wrong to solo a mission only to be rooted then the kill npc then have to wait 5 min for the root to wear off. Yes I tried the virus scanner(meant for dot's and not roots), I think. Deroot nano's do not work, supposely shortens the duration. I think thats bugged too. I liked debuffing myself after battle. I pay to have fun. I do not wanna pay to be stuck in one place after battle, to me thats not fun. Wasting 5 min of valuable game time. I'm okay with being rooted during a fight but not after. What is the point when you've killed the npc. Funcom, I liked things the way they were. Another POOR atempt at gameplay balencing. When I mean 5 min, then times that by 20, you get 100min of no fun. Yes my nano resist is maxed. Therefore I think its bugged.
    Yes I am whiner
    The world is full of A-- H---s and we live in a pile of poop.

You should reset your NR skill and put IP somewhere else. NR has been broken since lauch i believe. But i must agree with you, having snares or roots end when the mob dies would be great.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Re: Why do we have Nano resist? Being rooted 100%

Originally posted by Blessedone
    I pay to have fun. I do not wanna pay to be stuck in one place after battle, to me thats not fun. Wasting 5 min of valuable game time.
    good point

Virus Scanners are meant to be used when someone puts a deprive or some such debuff on you, looks like a white jar.

I forget what they're called, but what you should be using looks like a black first aid kit, and there's another for snares only (have to sit to use it). Take a look in the first aid/treatment terminals in the shops, they're in there. Just read the descriptions, it helps alot if you use the right tools.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Angry u right

FC sucks , i was debuff with a debuff speed (-1000) DURING 20 min, and i try all stuff to removed it , it was impossible !
    i lost 20 min ! that s crazy man.
    20 MIN to do nothing !!!!!!
    it s dark blue for an atrox the run !! i have 360 !
    come on SWG hurry up !

Arrow

First off nano resist works... try running some debuffs on you while being on full defense.

Secondly free movement stims will free you from Rots, the only problems are Mob nano skills which seem to ignore any defense checks.

Merry X-mas

Originally posted by speardancer
    I forget what they're called, but what you should be using looks like a black first aid kit...
    Free Movement, sold in stores.

Both free movement, and the de-snare one (whatever it's called) work nicely. Each one removes a certain amount of time on the root/snare depending on the quality level. If you are one of those players who has put very little into first aid, then it's going to take more of those little stims to break free. I've had luck with both those and the fixer nano's that remove root and snare.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Nah, NR works on mobs. I got the doc buff for it the other day and with a little under 800 NR I resisted everything casted on me in a team mission.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

If your a class....

..that has deroots and desnares they work but might take a couple of castings. When I get snared or rooted I need to cast the desnare or deroot nano atleast twice to become unrooted or unsnared. Try it out and see for yourself. Also the free movement stims work great too.

Take care,

Junk

I think they should leave the roots as is but make them break on a weapon crit.

Well I would like to thank everyone for there response. I was teamed with guildmate(doctor). Whom used said items above on me which seem to work now. Funcom could have just left things the way they were without us using these lame items.

Nano Resist is, and has never been, broken.

However nano resist is considered an evade skill, and thus (incorrectly) being affected by the AggDef bar. If you go full def with maxed Nano Resist, you will actually resist quite alot (at least you did before NW...).

The obvious way to fix this, would be to make Nano Resist work like it was always on Full Def (which it should, in any logic means).

That would make NTs not ever being able to root or nuke anything (granted our Roots have higher Def % than any other profession roots and our nukes are mostly 100-135%).

It's stupid. It's Funcom. It's supposed to be that way.

I used to have some hope, I gave up.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Well I have been able to unroot and undprive myself, so everything is good now My complaint is no more

NR has been broken since lauch i believe.
    Works just fine.

Some nanos need to be twinked for PvP purposes.

Nothing more to say.

The only problem i have with this new way is my inv is loaded with crap tools.Hardly any more room for packs and loot,especially on those huge team missions.More room in inv or something would be nice.the free movement stims work and the virus scanners do as well(the nanos are pure crap) but it does take the fun away.Sure enough though every battle the mobs put a whammy on me just before they die.If the Battle is over so should the whammy be over.When u can heal and be out of battle mode you shouldnt have to waste time removing whammies...adds useless time and removes the fun from playing.

I think that NR should be fixed too..
    althou i like my 1200 nano resist :P
    still some nano's go threw it like nothing... trader debuffs mp debuffs and the NT anti fixer nuke.

Arrow

Well, the NT anti-fixer nuke does have 5% resist, so it is almost impossible to resist as a result.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper