Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Base-*ninjaing* Policy

Well, not a major guild here, but i agree with this.
    Idahoh - Adventurer

Synergy Factor

Arion agrees to this. And we will also support taking back ninja'd land--regardless of faction.
    Last edited by Kungwho; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 13:33:07.
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

There is a way this can work and be enforceable untill funcom comes up with a solution.

Though I wouldn't want to manage it, this is how it could work, each guild that wishes this fair play protection must put up 250m in CR or equally valued items to a player selected as an escrow entity. There needs to be a council for arbitration. The council should be an odd number and contain at least 1 neutral player. Guilds who have not deposited assets get no protection from land ninjas, nor are they bound to the agreement. Guilds that escrow assets are bound, and in the event of a violation, surrender assets to the violated guild. Violator = the guild that ninjas, Violated = the guild that the land was intended for after the destruction of the current controller.

Really not very complicated, but if you want a system that can be enforced here it is, put your money where your mouth is, othewise, there will be all kinds of scams to get around "honor" based agrements, I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head that puts the land back in the hands of the vanquished guild inside of a day, and could be excused as "legit" without chat logs and screenshots to back up an indictment.

An example of how a guild could end up surrendering assets, a non protected guild ninjas land and then hands it over to a protected guild in a tacit agreement. This could result in an indictment, and if the council, by majority, voted this a violation, then the assets would be surrendered to the guild that was intended to get the land.

The code should work like Islamic law, or the Koran, meaning that if it's not in the code it's a violation, instead of, say, Western Law that basically allows you to do anything that isn't prescribed in the code. Not really because I think Islamic law is "more fair" but who would want to code all the potential loopholes in buggy game that could be used to skirt honor.
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 18:30:27.

Honour of the guilds?

I find this a very interesting idea - there is obviously a bug in the Notum Wars program, and it can be exploited. In fact, there seem to be a lot of them. The crowd control systems is very flawed. The gas control system has problems. PvP level ranges seem to be bugged again. Oh and we can't forget that the free-for-all tower placement at 20 minutes. And in case you missed it, there is still a signifcant number of people who can't even obtain the software to participate.

Funcom is apparently unable to fix any of these problems until after the holidays are over. And even their representatives have stated that at least some of these issues are bugs and will need to be fixed. And until then, all of these bugs are open to being exploited.

So, I would assume that the honorable thing to do would be for everyone to stop taking advantage of these bugs and to stop attacking until Funcom is able to repair the system. The system is flawed, not just the single part to which you seem have an objection.

Of course, for all the people who are proclaiming how honourable their guild is going to be, I expect the attacks to continue in the same fashion they have been. And I look forward to the mass battles on Christmas, as I am sure that they will happen either from many peope being available or from few people being arround to defend. Think of those battles when you state your honourable intensions.

Re: Honour of the guilds?

Originally posted by Aurboth
    I find this a very interesting idea - there is obviously a bug in the Notum Wars program, and it can be exploited. In fact, there seem to be a lot of them. The crowd control systems is very flawed. The gas control system has problems. PvP level ranges seem to be bugged again. Oh and we can't forget that the free-for-all tower placement at 20 minutes. And in case you missed it, there is still a signifcant number of people who can't even obtain the software to participate.

Funcom is apparently unable to fix any of these problems until after the holidays are over. And even their representatives have stated that at least some of these issues are bugs and will need to be fixed. And until then, all of these bugs are open to being exploited.

So, I would assume that the honorable thing to do would be for everyone to stop taking advantage of these bugs and to stop attacking until Funcom is able to repair the system. The system is flawed, not just the single part to which you seem have an objection.

Of course, for all the people who are proclaiming how honourable their guild is going to be, I expect the attacks to continue in the same fashion they have been. And I look forward to the mass battles on Christmas, as I am sure that they will happen either from many peope being available or from few people being arround to defend. Think of those battles when you state your honourable intensions.
    We should boycott NW and stop the battles until FC fixes the problems. If they see no one playing their buggy game, they'll be more inclined to get these bugs resolved in a more timely manner.

JoanofKahlan / Basilica / Fixlica / Joankahza / Joaness
    Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

Re: No Base-*ninjaing* Policy

Originally posted by Patk9
    This is a thread to put guilds in agreement that after the 20 mins is up and it becomes free for all you do NOT retake the land because the opposing/conquering side was unable to in that amount of time.
    A few people probably won't like this post, but the truth does in-fact hurt at times....

If the opposing/conquering side (or more specifically, the organization who used the shield disabler) is successful in taking a tower down, not being able to put their controller on that land within 20 minutes is the result of one thing: lack of preparation.
    .: Naraya :.

Re: Re: No Base-*ninjaing* Policy

Originally posted by Naraya

A few people probably won't like this post, but the truth does in-fact hurt at times....

If the opposing/conquering side (or more specifically, the organization who used the shield disabler) is successful in taking a tower down, not being able to put their controller on that land within 20 minutes is the result of one thing: lack of preparation.
    naw, it's funcoms inablity to do anything right, even if you do disable the shield, it still does not give you rights to put up before 20 mins is over, we disabled and init'd attack TWICE in two days on the same base, and finished the job, both times we were not able to place our tower before 20 mins

not the players fault this time, funcoms
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Sad sad sad...

FunCom, fix your game please.
    .: Naraya :.

As an Officer In Redemption and someone who can place a Tower, I agree to this .

If i hear of a Clan guild ninjaing a Land control Area , rest assured i will not go to defend in their time of need. We all play the game to have fun and (ImHO)getting the Land you worked hard to obtain ninjaed isnt fun.

Also , in the same line of thought : If you do get ninjaed , please post it in the forums so that we can all know instead of sending hatefull /tells . Its the same player responsability in this area and a show of Maturity that Players will respect.

--------- Truuth ---------------

I've been the leader of a guild and a member of CoA.

As much as I'd love to side on the 'let's play fair for the poor guilds that are bugged and unable to place their controller after the time restriction has been met' I can't.

Part of this is due to the fact that I've wiped all my characters and started over with a new prof as MA's are broken in PvP now. Part of this is due to the fact that there are too many players that hold leadership ranks in their guild, making them capable of placing controllers.

It's all well and good to say 'hey, let's play like it should be played until FC gets around to fixing the bugs' and to speak for your guild, but when your guild consists of 150+ members you're guaranteed to have rotten apples in the barrel that will either claim to have not read this thread or flat out disagree with your decision.

The fact is that this game has become a power hungry ninja's dream, and won't be fixed by a few kind words from some of the guild leaders.

Only suggestion I have for you is: stay alert, and don't go attacking an area if you can't keep it clear to get your own towers put down.

Originally posted by Nikolae
    Only suggestion I have for you is: stay alert, and don't go attacking an area if you can't keep it clear to get your own towers put down.
    Gas goes back to 75% when the base explodes, so there is now ay to keep it clear to get our own towers put down. Anyone can come in and stand there in full safety and ninja the piece of land.

Agreed...

Rising Phoenix agrees to the "no ninja-ing bases" policy as proposed by Patk9.
    Whether it will work or not is entirely up to the guilds. We choose our actions, and must live with the consequences. To say, "I will not agree because people will still cheat" is a fallacy! Guild leaders are responsible for the actions of the guild, not the actions of anyone else. If enough guilds back this policy, it will have a strong stifling effect on the would-be ninjas.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

At present the majority of the guilds are under the impression that one of three situations constitute who can place a Control Tower. First to enable a shield disabler, the guild which does most damage or the guild which does the final blow. This situation is serious and Funcom should state which of the three scenarios is accurate.

Patk9, the idea you have presented is a honorable approach, but we must keep in mind that not all persons in this game are honorable. So, such a way must be devised in order to protect the rightful claimant of the land so that less than honorable persons cannot 'ninja.'

In addition to the "No Base-*ninjaing* Policy," I would suggest that each guild who used a shield disabler have a Control Tower on hand and be ready to place that tower as soon as possible. Thus, preventing any 'ninjas' from the opposing side. When time permits, the tower can be terminated and the land turned over to the agreed upon guild (i.e. The guild which organized the raid, or the guild that everyone decided would claim the land.) Again, this should hopefully combat those less than honorable.

The only problem left is being 'ninjaed' by your own faction. Which, I hesitate to suggest, that particular guild should be denied help in tower defense.

Nonetheless, on behalf of my guild, I agree to Patk9's policy, and would hope we can further agree on how to combat less than honorable guilds.

Diversity agrees to this.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

Speaking for Forsaken, we agree on this.

(our prez is in the army atm)
    -Blyant, Joe Average NT, Advisor of Forsaken

Originally posted by aaronb
    Synergy Factor has and will continue to support this.
    Weeeeeeeee.....oh, and nerf Patty!

Originally posted by Aldo Clancy
    Diversity agrees to this.
    Guess you changed your minds last night.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Get your facts straight Diversity did not ninja it. Look who owns it now. We put a placeholder up till they could find a tower and get someone there to place it.

Originally posted by Davesbane
    Get your facts straight Diversity did not ninja it. Look who owns it now. We put a placeholder up till they could find a tower and get someone there to place it.

Umm.. OT destroys synergy's base, diversity ninjas the spot after 20min are up. Who they transfered the base off to later on isn't the issue.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Xixxxor- My policy still stands. This happened after I logged.

As it stands, you're right, funcom needs to fix these problems. As well as CC issues where defenders cant even get close to the CT to defend it.

Man, I bet you just rushed here to point that out didnt ya?
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast