Thread: FC needs to add more standard voice commands

FC needs to add more standard voice commands

I know many people have been putting out their own voice packs, and more power to them for doing it, however it's really, really hard to get everyone that has NW to d/l the voice packs so we're all uniform. Funcom needs to either record more of their own or, maybe better in my opinion, start a contest to get people to record their own voice packs and send them in to be judged and later patched in. I believe everyone agrees that 6 dinky lil voice commands don't help much at all. We need some like:

Follow me
    Attack my target
    Calm the adds
    Cease fire
    Attack the north/south/east/west side
    Defend the N/S/E/W side
    Command Acknowledged (Affirmative)
    Command Declined (Negative)
    What did you say? (Repeat)
    Shazbot

And I'm sure several others that I can't think of right now but I know some of you people out there can. We need a much larger standard set of voices than what we have now. If an individual guild or person wants to release their own pack, then sure let them do it, but those of us who don't feel like downloading a new pack of user made voices every week in order to use them with the other 200 people on the planet (if we can find them) need an alternative. I'm in favor of a contest because I think I can do a killer opifex military and nano distinguished, but not much else I suppose you could send in up to 4 different race/gender/type combos (i.e. solitus/male/cool, opifex/male/cool, solitus/male/simple, atrox/simple) in order to make sure people only send in their best. What's the worst that could happen?
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I think the voice system needs a look. It really needs a menu system like UT or Tribes. Spaces on the hotbar are at a premium, and few people are willing to put voice macros there.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Yup, I'd have to say that I agree here...

I'm not going to complain with what's there. It's a nice little addition. That said I think some more would be nice. It would have to go to everyone in a patch which means some can't use it if they don't have NW, but they wouldn't get it anyway so it shouldn't matter to them.
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

You can already do anything you want with Voices once you have the Voice all you need is a text file with what is said and a script to play it, and a small readme file to describe what your voice pack is intended for.

That won't let you hear what's said, it won't produce any sound though. Right?
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics

House Demonslap

hit

It will if I give you a place to download my Voice and text files

Talking

More voices...more...more!

House Demonslap

hit