Thread: PVP MP Destroyed by MEZZ!

PVP MP Destroyed by MEZZ!

Us MP's all know how devistating mezz can be in a pvp situation... 3/12 profs have mezz.. not including the enforcer fear line on nanos.

1. MP should have a line of nanos to cast on pets that raise nano resist by a large amount on pets. This should have been done anyway with the anima line of nanos. I believe anima have the same type of affect as the enforcer "Rage".

2. Mezzing my heal pet? What foolishness is that?

3. Mezz pet is a waste of ip.

4. Mezz is insta cast for many chars.. and works as a stun for a good 6-8minutes. That is one useless MP.

5. The pets are crazy slow. Its not funny when an MP can run faster than his/her pet. I love watching my pet worm around for 10 seconds after i tell him to attack... just enough time for those mezz, root, snare classes to insta cast whatever they want a couple hundred times.

5. Of all the variety of nanos that mp's have.. (sarcasm).. our nano resist is blue and 4 points per lvl. Give us a self cast nano resist line. A nano class like MP has no root.. no mezz.. no snare.. no nano init debuff.. no area effect nanos. What we have instead are 3 pets.. 3 of which can be mezzed, rooted, snared, left in the dust by crazy runspeed, scared away, charmed and that cant hold an agro. We also get fully blue ranged skills.. blue melee skills.. blue inits.. blue nano resist.. blue dodge skills.. ranged clusters that fit right in the way of our nano skill clusters. And 1 "mezz" pet that does absolutely nothing in pvp and pvm.

MP's are walking punching bags.. if they and their pets (pets more importantly) cant resist nanos. As it is.. an mp in a large pvp battle situations must focus intently on his target to beat him.. ie: removing his use of nano.. before anything else can be done. We cant afford to be watching the other 9 people in the immediate vicinity who are able to put our pets out of comission. Its bad enough that debuffs stop us from commanding our pets...

I hope you have a plan in mind funcom. While raising the bar in pvp and pvm for other classes, you effectively ++gimp gimp gimp others.. the worst of which being the pet classes.
    - Professional NT Rezzor! -

bump
    RK2 - Ricsh - 220/30 Doc - Dark Front( Formally Horny1- Forced Name change after 4 years )
    RK2 - Loyota - 220/27 Crat - Dark Front
    RK2 - Adikted - 165/18 Trader - Dark Front
    RK2 - Honey2- 150/18 MA - Dark Front
    RK1 - Pinnettie - 165/12 Bureaucrat - Mercenaries

Lightbulb

I agree with your post .. I really do. I just wanted to add a comment to # 5, I think it's noteworthy when you are listing a quick list on MP abilities...

quick quote from # 5

"5. Of all the variety of nanos that mp's have.. (sarcasm).. our nano resist is blue and 4 points per lvl. Give us a self cast nano resist line. A nano class like MP has no root.. no mezz.. no snare.. no nano init debuff.. no area effect nanos. What we have instead are 3 pets.. "

My regards to the no nano init debuff..
    ==================
    QL 162 - Nano Shutdown

"Stops the target from being able to control nanobots, effectively prohibiting them from executing nano formulas. "
    --
    Duration 1mins
    --
    Attack time 9.3 s
    Recharge time 6 s
    --
    modify target sensory imp -2000
    modify target matter meta -2000
    modify target biological meta -2000
    modify target psycho mod -2000
    modify target matter creation -2000
    modify target time and space -2000
    ===================
    Nano Init slow? Why would you need to slow them after casting Nano Shutdown on them?

Other than that though, You're pretty sound in your argument...

Some generic suggestions to help alleviate the pet problems:
    Perhaps just implement a counter-calm nano? So sure they can calm the pet, but you can "un-calm" it. Or maybe a quick temporary buff to make the pet immune to calms. Let's say, 30 seconds the pet can't be calmed, and that temporary buff can't be used again for a couple minutes.

Also a suggestion about the mez pet, change it to a "slow" pet. A pet that lowers inits.. Since most calms do that anyways as an added bonus.. A slow\heal\tank pet with whichever you choose having that temporary buff on it would definitely be an interesting twist to what MP's are now in my opinion.

NS is nearly completely useless with 160% NR and 9.3/6 att/recharge. Its pointless to cast it on a maxed NR and full def ppl.

One thing to add to list MPs dont even have a self snare/root reducer. Dont even waste bullets on a MP, calm the pet and Root/Snare him.
    MAs are crying for being gimps in PvP, MPs are waaay worse than them or any other class both PvP and PvM.