Thread: A little idea

A little idea

ok i am not sure if this would work but it just popped into my head and might be nice, how about FC starts to instead of making the uber prof's etc worse, makes the less-uber profs better??? this way a lot of ppl would stop complaining and atleast you know where u stand. I myself i currently quitting the game for a number of reasons and this surely one of them... If fc "accidentally" makes us a prof to good why should we be taken down again? move the other closer to uberty.

Arms race.

It's the same as introducing new and slightly better items as time goes on. The bar gets raised and the old items go from good to so-so to junk before you know it. Now imagine that with professions. You'll never get the balance exactly right.

Lastly, one man's love is another man's nerf. If Engineers got equivalent tradeskill buffs to Traders, that would be seen as a Trader nerf thanks to the Eng. only items for tradeskills that are out there. If other profs had got crit buffs to balance them up with MA's, that would have been seen as a nerf to MA's, because it would have given their special ability to the masses. It doesn't actually matter whether you nerf or love, it will be seen as a nerf by the players.

Clarification: I'm not saying that everything should be nerfed back to the lowest common denominator (Engies ). That would cause just as many problems as buffing everything to the highest standard that currently exists. One way gives us a constand round of nerfs, the other a constant round of love patches and nothing's ever fixed. What's required is a mixed strategy, with the aim of reaching a stable mid-point.

Cheers.

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Dec 21st, 2002 at 13:58:40.